Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
MA
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/30/2012 10:48PM - in reply to sanchobaile Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

sanchobaile wrote:

no longer with Nike!

Lauren explains why she's no longer with Nike.

http://asklaurenfleshman.com/journal/2012/12/29/why-im-no-longer-with-nike/
kerasti
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/30/2012 11:06PM - in reply to MA Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I don't see her going back in 2014.
good stuff!
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/31/2012 7:00AM - in reply to MA Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Her blog entry was interesting, as she talked a lot about this very thread!! Good stuff! I laughed when she mentioned the "debate" about whether she was "cute" or "hot"! Seems she enjoyed that, but not some of the less kind stuff...
boulderisbolder
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/31/2012 7:31AM - in reply to boulderisbolder Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Love that my $5M/year troll post was read by Lauren Fleshman.
Tom Gabel
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/31/2012 9:21AM - in reply to boulderisbolder Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Lauren, will you marry me?
Arwen
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/31/2012 9:23AM - in reply to Tom Gabel Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
:)
Logical Man
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/31/2012 9:33AM - in reply to Arwen Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Alright so which handle is Lauren Fleshman!?!?!? Did she actually reply on this thread?
A very close friend
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/31/2012 9:50AM - in reply to Logical Man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I am a very close friend. She IS one of the sports biggest AMBASSADOORS - and her company makes $10 million a year - not $5 million as previously stated. She would win ANY beauuty contest in the world. She is faster than 99.99999 per cent of you Lets Run losers. To borrow from Moohammade Ali - She is the GREATEST!!!
Tom Gabel
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/31/2012 11:21AM - in reply to Arwen Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Arwen wrote:

:)

now, if i could only get a tweet :)
Added Perspective
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/31/2012 11:32AM - in reply to good stuff! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

good stuff! wrote:

Her blog entry was interesting, as she talked a lot about this very thread!! Good stuff! I laughed when she mentioned the "debate" about whether she was "cute" or "hot"! Seems she enjoyed that, but not some of the less kind stuff...

It is rather interesting how the LetsRun staff seems to have split personalities. Yesterday I created a thread containing the hyperlink to Lauren's latest blog entry, along with an appropriate title subject. For whatever strange reason, the moderators decided to delete it. Now, less than 24 hours later that exact same material is being used as the Quote of the Day on the LetsRun front page! :-/ Just a tad hypocritical.
good stuff!
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/31/2012 11:42AM - in reply to Added Perspective Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That IS interesting! Did you say anything offensive/objectionable in your deleted thread?
Added Perspective
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/31/2012 12:11PM - in reply to good stuff! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

good stuff! wrote:

That IS interesting! Did you say anything offensive/objectionable in your deleted thread?

Not at all. That's not my speed. I think this is simply another scenario where the LetsRun staff isn't communicating with one another effectively.

I won't lose any sleep over it, but the inconsistent nature of the moderators is rather strange. That's one of the primary reasons that I don't really visit here very often. I used to be one of the "regulars" under a different handle, but the BroJos insist on maintaining an environment that allow anonymous trolls to run wild so I decided to donate my expertise elsewhere.
Da Irony of da sitchiashun
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/31/2012 8:23PM - in reply to Added Perspective Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Barf!

Added Perspective wrote:

good stuff! wrote:

Not at all. That's not my speed. I think this is simply another scenario where the LetsRun staff isn't communicating with one another effectively.

I won't lose any sleep over it, but the inconsistent nature of the moderators is rather strange. That's one of the primary reasons that I don't really visit here very often. I used to be one of the "regulars" under a different handle, but the BroJos insist on maintaining an environment that allow anonymous trolls to run wild so I decided to donate my expertise elsewhere.
Lets Get It Right Already
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/31/2012 8:46PM - in reply to small minds Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

small minds wrote:

cowsandmilk wrote:
Back of the envelope calculations suggest they have revenue of $3mm/year , so definitely not profiting at $5mm/year, but they can likely pay her a salary well above what Nike was paying her and it is perfect timing to go out on the road to use her former national champion status to promote the company. Hold clinics at running stores sponsored by picky bars and use them to convince the stores to carry the products. Hit up a different local road race every 3 or 4 days handing out bars to runners. And if she returns to racing in 2014 or 2015, she can now have a Picky Bars singlet in the NYC Marathon, not Nike. Picky Bars have great growth and they will easily be into 8 figure revenue by 2014.

(And don't forget, she has a second company, http://www.believeiam.com/ , that will also benefit from a tour of running stores around the country)

Call me stupid, Ms Hyperbole, but 12,000 bars a month is 144,000 a year. At $2.00 a bar that's only $288,000 per year GROSS revenue. Take out material and production costs, then administrative, I don't see anywhere near $3mm profit? Maybe $150k at most!

Jeez Guys, how much is she making - $5K, $500K, $5Mil? Which is it? Do we even know or are we just making shit up?
Trollist
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/31/2012 8:52PM - in reply to Lets Get It Right Already Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Lets Get It Right Already wrote:

small minds wrote:

cowsandmilk wrote:
Back of the envelope calculations suggest they have revenue of $3mm/year , so definitely not profiting at $5mm/year, but they can likely pay her a salary well above what Nike was paying her and it is perfect timing to go out on the road to use her former national champion status to promote the company. Hold clinics at running stores sponsored by picky bars and use them to convince the stores to carry the products. Hit up a different local road race every 3 or 4 days handing out bars to runners. And if she returns to racing in 2014 or 2015, she can now have a Picky Bars singlet in the NYC Marathon, not Nike. Picky Bars have great growth and they will easily be into 8 figure revenue by 2014.

(And don't forget, she has a second company, http://www.believeiam.com/ , that will also benefit from a tour of running stores around the country)

Call me stupid, Ms Hyperbole, but 12,000 bars a month is 144,000 a year. At $2.00 a bar that's only $288,000 per year GROSS revenue. Take out material and production costs, then administrative, I don't see anywhere near $3mm profit? Maybe $150k at most!

Jeez Guys, how much is she making - $5K, $500K, $5Mil? Which is it? Do we even know or are we just making shit up?

She is America's newest billionaire.
A Duck
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 1/1/2013 1:16AM - in reply to good stuff! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It is so funny that the Blojo's put this on their front page, when she very clearly plants the ultimate humble FU to them by stating that elites learn early on to stay off this board entirely -- gee -- something I said here years ago -- now proven by an elite...

The price the Blojo's pay for being lowbrow and immature...
Ilvyrbrwniiis
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 1/1/2013 1:23AM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
no one is saying you are wrong. Everything's okay.
Stupid please
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 1/1/2013 11:03AM - in reply to Trollist Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Her income is at a poverty level. They have an outside maker of the product now so margins have been cut to the bone until they could get national distribution i.e.:supermarkets etc.
The diatribe she just posted on her site about her Nike relationship is laughable.
She was offered peanuts and didn't like it , ok nothing wrong with that. But the marketing stuff , come on , they just wanted her to run and compete and she has struggled , athletes forget its not a charity program. Nike athletes are not part of some greater marketing strategy as she may hope, its get the swoosh on the track and or road and win. A couple of pics in ads or showing up at a expo or some product manager asking how do you like the shoes is just a circle jerk.
Justification for getting cut back or dropped can be played a number of ways.
In her case its simple no matter how she paints it , she stayed injured was not competitive to national class standard end of story.
mcflounder
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 1/1/2013 11:19AM - in reply to Stupid please Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
stick a fork in her, cuz she's done.
serious question about nike
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 1/1/2013 11:54AM - in reply to mcflounder Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The blog entry made it sound like she was a nike employee. Was that the case? I thought shoe companies were more of a sponsor usually. I mean, did she have a supervisor that would get pissed if she showed up late to work all the time?
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |