Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
andre agassi
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/7/2012 7:47AM - in reply to JUMPING ON Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
if you like mediterranean girls and middle eastern then LF is hot. if you want the same anglo-mongol or scandinavian-asiatic look then she doesn't have it.
long sox
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/7/2012 7:52AM - in reply to Deniro Bobby Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Deniro Bobby wrote:

If the top 3 women from the US wanted to run the 5000, Lauren would never be there taking 7th in a weak field, hence the 15:09 for that place.

So exactly which 3 US women would have run a better race on that day? Most likely Shalane, but which other two?

To help you out, here is the women's 5000m toplist for that year.
http://www.iaaf.org/records/toplists/middlelong/5000-metres/outdoor/women/senior/2011

Deniro Bobby wrote:

If she took 7th in London and broke 15 by at least 15 seconds, THEN you would have a valid point.

Now female distance runners know what they must do to earn the respect of LetsRun. You must break 15 by at least 15 seconds and you must do it in an Olympic final.
andre agassi
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/7/2012 8:09AM - in reply to long sox Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
basically lr reflects american society and showed an acute level of anti-semitic hatred for lauren fleshman, a liberal, stanford educated, hollywood jew. no matter what she does in life she will face anti-semitism. steve jobs faced anti-semitism his whole life. sergey brin faces anti-semitism daily.
Comprehender of all things
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/7/2012 8:11AM - in reply to long sox Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I don't think he said that, but thanks for lying. Running 14:45-14:50 is not running 15:09. Lauren is far from great, but you keep believing it and carry on.

Now female distance runners know what they must do to earn the respect of LetsRun. You must break 15 by at least 15 seconds and you must do it in an Olympic final.[/quote]
not a womens track follower
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/7/2012 8:14AM - in reply to long sox Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I hadn't really heard of her prior to the NYCM Picky Bar tattoo incident. Seemed like she running more to get her brand out there than to actually compete.

I was impressed with her story the next year preparing for the trials through an injury, but the NYCM mess had already kind of turned me off as a fan (sort of like when Rupp ran as a "pro" for a while after HS).

It is funny that some people here are so amazed that there are good looking, smart, and fast women. Good luck to her, but I don't need an overpriced power bar in cute packaging.
Wow Unbelievable
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/7/2012 8:28AM - in reply to not a womens track follower Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Well, unlike Power Bars, which are vile, Picky Bars actually taste good.
Fleshman is the least "annoying" elite American female distance runner. We could use a lot more people who are as "annoying" as she is.
An Engineer
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/7/2012 8:42AM - in reply to JUMPING ON Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

JUMPING ON wrote:
Lauren, an ambassador????? That is one of the biggest running oxymorons that I have ever heard. 7th place in a weak WC year and suddenly she's an ambassador.

Do you not understand what "ambassador" means?

Hint: It doesn't mean "the fastest."

The idiocy and hatred are strong in this thread.
not a womens track follower
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/7/2012 8:51AM - in reply to Wow Unbelievable Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Wow Unbelievable wrote:

Fleshman is the least "annoying" elite American female distance runner. We could use a lot more people who are as "annoying" as she is.

Fair enough on the Power Bar thing, they could be charitably described as an acquired taste, but since a power bar is really a glorified candy bar, i guess the same might apply to Lauren's product.

I never said she was annoying, but maybe that part of your post wasn't as a reply to my post. Many (most?) runners can be annoying though, so maybe it was implied somewhere :)
Wow Unbelievable
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/7/2012 8:58AM - in reply to not a womens track follower Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It was a "combination" reply, not just to you. Sorry if that was misleading.
A Real Engineer
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/7/2012 9:58AM - in reply to An Engineer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It doesn't mean fastest, no kidding junior!!!!! LOL and you think far too highly of yourself.
It also means that you have DONE something to represent a certain field, not just politically.
We think the "idiocracy" of the board is ruled by you.
You, an engineer? Now that's funny:):):):):):)
knot fooled easily
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/7/2012 10:00AM - in reply to Wow Unbelievable Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Wow Unbelievable wrote:

Hi Lauren!
Wow Unbelievable
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/7/2012 11:08AM - in reply to knot fooled easily Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Uh, no. I don't even live within 2800 miles of her. Some of you people have such little faith.
dumbo tron
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/7/2012 12:38PM - in reply to Wow Unbelievable Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
or some of u have too much. depends which side of the fence you're on. reality or disneyworld. u pick.

Wow Unbelievable wrote:

Uh, no. I don't even live within 2800 miles of her. Some of you people have such little faith.
An Engineer
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/7/2012 1:57PM - in reply to A Real Engineer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

A Real Engineer wrote:
It doesn't mean fastest, no kidding junior!!!!! LOL and you think far too highly of yourself.
It also means that you have DONE something to represent a certain field, not just politically.
We think the "idiocracy" of the board is ruled by you.
You, an engineer? Now that's funny:):):):):):)

FYI, somebody could be an ambassador for running without being much of a runner. Just like someone can speak out against cancer, or child abuse, or social injustice, without ever having been a part of any of them. It's simply about being able to connect with people and get a message across.

The fact that she was a 15-time All-American, 5-time NCAA champ, and 7th at Worlds doesn't hurt either.

Sorry, I don't have any "zingers" about a random person on the internet to contribute to that part of your post.
Pot 2 Mr. Hypocrisy
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/8/2012 6:54PM - in reply to An Engineer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You're calling the other poster "random". Who the hell are you Mr. Fake Engineer? Talk about Hypocrisy?

I read the post too Mr. Fake Engineer and you must suck at your job as YOU just made points that made his post look better than yours. How stupid are you?

7th at World's in a WEAK FIELD, I've read it a dozen times by more than one poster, have YOU?
A Duck
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/8/2012 7:53PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Koneko wrote:

Her looks are over-rated.

Everything about this girl exudes "I think I'm better than you."

Good riddance.

How screwed up are you?

I've followed her blog for years and her tweets, and there is NOTHING about her that exudes that she thinks she is better than anyone.

She's just an athlete in a sport not cared about much, trying to survive/thrive and do something/s she loves.
pre841
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/10/2012 11:10AM - in reply to Jumping in Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Jumping in wrote:

In general I am a fan of Nike and for what they do for the sport which overall is very good but in some cases they make supremely bone headed moves.
Case in point: letting Meb go. Bad move.
Letting Lauren Fleshman go, another bad move.

It looks like Asics has picked up Lauren.
sanchobaile
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/10/2012 12:32PM - in reply to pre841 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

pre841 wrote:

what makes you say that? that she was at Foot Locker? so were Meb and Adam Goucher and they're not Asics..
pre841
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/10/2012 2:42PM - in reply to sanchobaile Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

sanchobaile wrote:

pre841 wrote:

what makes you say that? that she was at Foot Locker? so were Meb and Adam Goucher and they're not Asics..

You're right. No definite proof. Looking at this picture, I assumed the Asics regalia was evidence. Id din't notice from the FL broadcast what Meb and Goucher were wearing. Is Goucher still under contract with Nike though?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151559035417564&set=t.1045776590&type=3&theater
pre841
RE: Lauren Fleshman Taking 2013 off 12/10/2012 2:42PM - in reply to sanchobaile Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

sanchobaile wrote:

pre841 wrote:

You're right. No definite proof. Looking at this picture, I assumed the Asics regalia was evidence. Id din't notice from the FL broadcast what Meb and Goucher were wearing. Is Goucher still under contract with Nike though?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151559035417564&set=t.1045776590&type=3&theater
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |