Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Runner Man
Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 10:54AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Lately it's been fairly cold here (high 30s). I still like to wear my shorts when it's this temperature, but at about mile 3 or 4, I start to feel my penis becoming an icicle. It's not excruciating pain, but it doesn't feel good and interferes with my focus/run. It also makes it stiffer, so I start chaffing a little.

What are some reasonable solutions? Stuffing a sock down there seems awkward and ridiculous.
Nice n warm
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 11:09AM - in reply to Runner Man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I use a knitted willy warmer like the one linked below, keeps my todger toasty:

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/18970580/590479741/Snake-Willy-Warmer/ListingDetails.html?_$ja=tsid%3a11518%7ccat%3a18970580%7cprd%3a18970580
amrunner800
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 11:13AM - in reply to Runner Man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I use a sock. Simple, free (if you have more than a pair of socks), and most importantly it does the job. No one is staring at your junk, and as long as you arent using some gigantic, triple cushion tube sock, its very discreet. However, go ahead and pay money for something that isnt "ridiculous"
casual commentary
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 11:16AM - in reply to Runner Man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
search Google for "wind briefs"
sknid yknirhs
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 11:17AM - in reply to Runner Man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's only a hypothetical concern for most of the posters here, but feel free to gather their hypothetical answers.
Zero Reading Skills
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 11:37AM - in reply to Runner Man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
although you are not yet wearing tights, I wear shorts over them for this very reason.
HRE
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 11:39AM - in reply to Runner Man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i just put an extra pair of underwear on.
joho
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 11:41AM - in reply to casual commentary Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

casual commentary wrote:

search Google for "wind briefs"

This.

And what the other poster said about a sock. It will work also and I have had to use a glove in an emergency situation before. Or just wear a pair of underwear, any additional layer will help but the wind briefs are the best.
loan wolf
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 11:49AM - in reply to Runner Man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I usually wear tight shorts with nothing underneath. If it's cold (
fisky
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 12:05PM - in reply to loan wolf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Fold a paper towel into quarters. Insert in shorts. If it's rainy or really cold, add a layer of vaseline to the paper towel. It makes it windproof and waterproof. Sounds funny, but it's a trick I learned about twenty years when living in a really cold climate.
the truth.f
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 12:13PM - in reply to Runner Man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wearing underwear (briefs or trunks) under half tights or shorts helps. A foreskin also helps. at some point you should forget about the shorts until spring.
loan wolf
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 12:16PM - in reply to loan wolf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

loan wolf wrote:

I usually wear tight shorts with nothing underneath. If it's cold (

Don't know what happened here. Half my post disappeared!??

Anyways all I was saying was throw on a pair of boxers underneath and happy days.
much tougher than you
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 12:16PM - in reply to Runner Man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
First of all, high 30s isn't "cold" weather.

I often run at below -20 celsius (that's below -5 F) without a second thought. Helps to be Canadian.

Here's how:

1. For not-really-cold weather like you're talking about, just wear any pair of briefs under your shorts or tights. This simple extra layer alone buys you a lot of comfort.
2. Wind briefs. Google it. There are dozens of products out there with a wind panel in the front for exactly this purpose.
3. If you're either broke or cheap, which it seems like many posters here are, pin a race number over the front of your underwear. Put pants over that. Run.
4. Ignore anyone talking about layers of paper towel and vaseline. That is crazy talk and sounds.

/thread
Kip Dynamited
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 12:17PM - in reply to Runner Man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Toque (or as you 'Mericans say, a Beanie) down the front of the gounch works well.
I live in Alaska
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 12:17PM - in reply to the truth.f Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
2 pairs of undies and Petroleum jelly. Never had a problem even in -20 degree runs.
Canada- my southern neighbor
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 12:25PM - in reply to much tougher than you Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Above freezing - shorts
20 - 32 shorts and wind pants
0 - 20 tights, shorts, and wind pants
-20 - 0 an extra sock, tights, shorts and wind pants
-40 - -20 same as above plus the 'hotties' warmers in case of emergency and a shot of whiskey
Colder than -40 I go inside
t94bell
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 12:35PM - in reply to Runner Man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I can't speak as strong as the Canadians and possibly Alaskans on this, but in Wisco 38 degrees is really nothing. I wear short shorts with a pair of briefs on and that does the trick for 12 mile runs. When it gets down to 15 or 20 degrees I'll put on perhaps two pairs of briefs and running tights and there's no problem.
doods
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 12:35PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
baby socks are perfect. slip it over your old boy. toasty.
Bryan
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 12:38PM - in reply to Runner Man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sock or small hat stuffed in front of the shorts.
Trollist
RE: Serious question for men: How do you keep your penis warm during cold runs? 11/18/2012 4:56PM - in reply to HRE Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

HRE wrote:

i just put an extra pair of underwear on.

I'm glad there is one other sensible person in this thread.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |