Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 |
SomeRandomDude
Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/14/2012 10:53PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I want to make it clear that I don't blame anyone for any & all feelings against me, it's my bed that i've made and I will sleep in it. On the bright side, I'm pretty sure I've pulled my head out of my @$$ and it's going to stay that way. thanks for reading, and no worries if you want to flame away~ I've earned it.
hopefully, someday i can earn your respect back.

Dude~

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/sports/runner-christian-hesch-describes-doping-with-epo.html

http://running.competitor.com/2012/10/news/christian-hesch-publicly-apologizes-for-doping_60364
Kendall
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/14/2012 11:13PM - in reply to SomeRandomDude Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Make a mistake, fess up, move on, don't make it again. Good luck.
hypnotoad
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/14/2012 11:16PM - in reply to SomeRandomDude Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You will earn my respect when you pay back your ill-gotten prize money and not a second sooner.
High Wire
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/14/2012 11:19PM - in reply to hypnotoad Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Oh come on now, don't be ridiculous. Surely his public humiliation is worth $40,000?

hypnotoad wrote:

You will earn my respect when you pay back your ill-gotten prize money and not a second sooner.
throjo
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/14/2012 11:28PM - in reply to High Wire Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I do not think you know what the word "surely" means...
Boom Goes The Synthetics
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/14/2012 11:37PM - in reply to hypnotoad Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Who Else Is There?
selvage
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/14/2012 11:38PM - in reply to SomeRandomDude Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You are delusional if you believe this. There is absolutely no chance you will ever come close to those times without drugs. I'm sure you were having your red blood cell count measured before you started on EPO, right?

Your push-up stunt seems real cool now brah.

----------
Hesch maintains that he never raced on EPO but used it to recover from injuries.

ďMaybe this is my cue to walk away, but Iím real tempted to make a real clear point that I can and have run all those times perfectly clean. Itís not that difficult to run these times, and it doesnít take any outside help.Ē

----------
TLW
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/14/2012 11:39PM - in reply to throjo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Christian I find this crazy since you were so hard on Mo Trafeh for doping (posting a picture about him when he dropped from the Olympic Trials marathon saying something about doping and dropping out) yet Mo had no positives or anything (just stating that fact).

This isn't coming from a negative place, I've always been a big fan of yours because you were a character in a sport that lacked characters and were cool enough to post on here about racing and so on, but what was your thought process when you bag on others about doping yet dope?
Saul Goodman
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/14/2012 11:49PM - in reply to SomeRandomDude Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
WTF. I held you in high regard, being a full-time employee and racing at a decently high level myself. I met you once, I think in SLO about 10 years ago, I didn't know who you were then, but I connected the dots later and have followed you in recent years.

It's a major disappointment, to say the least. I know your intentions are fine and you're maybe a product of the environment we live and race in, but WTF. Who can we trust anymore? I already assume all the big contract guys are on something, now I have to question the 'working class' runners?

You're not beyond redemption, but you are tainted. Very sad to read. I hope you find a way to make it right.
ecin
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/14/2012 11:57PM - in reply to Saul Goodman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"Hesch maintains that he never raced on EPO but used it to recover from injuries."

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.
The Vindicator
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/15/2012 12:05AM - in reply to SomeRandomDude Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You're a POS and you owe me $500.
Jeff Wigand
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/15/2012 12:12AM - in reply to Saul Goodman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Saul Goodman wrote:

WTF. I held you in high regard, being a full-time employee and racing at a decently high level myself. I met you once, I think in SLO about 10 years ago, I didn't know who you were then, but I connected the dots later and have followed you in recent years.

It's a major disappointment, to say the least. I know your intentions are fine and you're maybe a product of the environment we live and race in, but WTF. Who can we trust anymore? I already assume all the big contract guys are on something, now I have to question the 'working class' runners?

You're not beyond redemption, but you are tainted. Very sad to read. I hope you find a way to make it right.

You'll more often find the Heschs and Hellebuycks of this world using because they're not good enough to get in the testing pool and they don't finish high enough in races that test to get selected for testing. They give a bad name to the real pros (who have to submit themselves to regular testing) and they disenfranchise the local guys who have no hope of making the big time, but want to do well in their own ponds. Pretty shameful stuff.
fashu
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/15/2012 12:16AM - in reply to SomeRandomDude Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
jesus christ! legalize the epo already!
White Zin
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/15/2012 12:20AM - in reply to ecin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Tough news to swallow...Hesch has his fair share of admirers in the SoCal area where he is based. Very tough for the 20somethings fighting to make some extra cash while "Hollywood" goes on his whirlwind tour of local road races to scoop up a few hundred dollars every weekend with his overblown celebrations and attention-grabbing antics. He has also been very outspoken regarding the lance armstrong scandal, etc. Shame. Too bad for his Nike Run LA group as well...
SCIENCE!
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/15/2012 12:21AM - in reply to High Wire Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ďMaybe this is my cue to walk away, but Iím real tempted to make a real clear point that I can and have run all those times perfectly clean. Itís not that difficult to run these times, and it doesnít take any outside help.Ē

-Then why cheat at all? Lots of people aren't fast enough to win races. They can live with it, so can you.
The Animal Within
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/15/2012 12:23AM - in reply to The Vindicator Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sad. Probably has been going on longer than just 2 years.
Yeah totally bro
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/15/2012 12:24AM - in reply to SomeRandomDude Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You don't know me, we met once after a race you ran at UCLA and you surely don't remember me but I was always a big fan of yours. I'm really disappointed to hear about your doping. I hope you can turn it around and come back "clean", but I'll never cheer for you again. You've lost at least one fan for life. (Clean is in scare quotes because you were able to train at a higher level for at least some portion of your life which is an advantage I don't think ever truly goes away even if it is only mental, and not physiological.)
Jeff Wigand
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/15/2012 12:24AM - in reply to fashu Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

fashu wrote:

jesus christ! legalize the epo already!

I don't want to tell my kids that they have to risk dying of a heart attack in their sleep if they want to try to make it in this sport.
Saul Goodman
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/15/2012 12:26AM - in reply to Jeff Wigand Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I just don't get it. You can make way more money doing customer service than being a third tier runner, and you have plenty of time to train, race, and have a good time running. If you're not going to be an Olympian, what's the difference between a 68:00 and a 64:00 HM? Or a 13:45 and 14:10? Or a 3:58 and 4:05? A few hundred bucks for winning a race every few weeks? It doesn't make sense. Either you love competing or you love the 'glory' that comes along with being at the top. There's not really a middle ground in this sport. Our bench warmers don't make a $150k league minimum.

I just wish I never heard stories like this.
Sad but Truepo
RE: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com 10/15/2012 12:29AM - in reply to Saul Goodman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The difference is the attention you get when you dominate local road races for years.

Hesch obviously loved the attention he got from winning races and pulling stunts like board shorts, carrying a surfboard and stopping and doing pushups.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 |