Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
APPLE STOCK
Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/13/2012 12:04PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Regardless of the Samsung ruling,

iPhone 5 is not the cause but a symptom of the disease. There is nowhere left for Apple to go and the "status symbol" status of Apple has officially peaked.

Now everyone owns an iPhone and Mac Book and rich snobs will look for the "next thing."

Stock may still rise for a bit, but the tide has begun to turn. Short this stock in the next couple months.
Steve Jobs' Ghost
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/13/2012 2:36PM - in reply to APPLE STOCK Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

APPLE STOCK wrote:

iPhone 5 is not the cause but a symptom of the disease. There is nowhere left for Apple to go and the "status symbol" status of Apple has officially peaked.

Now everyone owns an iPhone and Mac Book and rich snobs will look for the "next thing."

Stock may still rise for a bit, but the tide has begun to turn. Short this stock in the next couple months.

HE MAD!!!!!!!!!!
AAPL
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/13/2012 2:44PM - in reply to APPLE STOCK Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
AAPL is up nearly 4% since the iPhone 5 was announced.

AAPL is up 68% YTD.

AAPL is up 112% since 2011.

I'm personally up over 325% on my AAPL stock.

Have you enjoyed these financial gains, or have you been calling for the downturn all this time?
fsfdsfsfds
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/13/2012 2:44PM - in reply to APPLE STOCK Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

APPLE STOCK wrote:

Wow, such an obvious lack of knowledge of finance.
Do you realize with a PE of 16, AAPL is not valued as a growth stock. It is traded as if it were a utility. Yet it still has many markets to grow into nonetheless ehem CHINA. regardless of any growth explosion, aapl is not overvalued like facebook was because thought it should grow. PE of 16 is about right for a mature company. even if aapl only grows very very incrementally, the long term effect is not going to be down.

anyway, i am glad you heard about Iphone5 event and somehow thought that made you an expert
orbitboy
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/13/2012 2:49PM - in reply to APPLE STOCK Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
alanta
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/13/2012 2:57PM - in reply to APPLE STOCK Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
wow...the opening poster was utterly schooled in the first five posts.
Red Delicious
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/13/2012 3:22PM - in reply to APPLE STOCK Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Among tech writers, many of the cool kids have indeed moved on to Android, which is more exciting and open ended. Because of its lower cost Android is also selling more low end phones than Apple.

That's all probably OK with Apple, which is going after the upper middle class market with disposable income and little interest in bleeding edge technology, just like Apple has always done. Among that audience Apple has done nothing to hurt its position.
turkey leg
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/13/2012 5:06PM - in reply to Red Delicious Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If, by the end of dominance, you mean the end of Apple's superior innovation, I have to agree. Sure, their products are getting better but they're not industry changing like they were. 30 years from now, I think it'll be obvious that Jobs' death was the beginning of the end.
A Duck
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/13/2012 5:35PM - in reply to turkey leg Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

turkey leg wrote:

If, by the end of dominance, you mean the end of Apple's superior innovation, I have to agree. Sure, their products are getting better but they're not industry changing like they were. 30 years from now, I think it'll be obvious that Jobs' death was the beginning of the end.

If you read a round a bit with cell phone technology you'll realize that the law of dominishing returns in new technologies to add or integrate into cell phones is declining....for all the cell phone makers...
Crazy 8
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/13/2012 6:17PM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If the law of diminishing returns is declining then that is a good things. Your point makes no sense. I think you meant that because of the law of diminishing returns, adding new technologies is becoming less profitable. But even if you meant that, that is a tautology.

A Duck wrote:

If you read a round a bit with cell phone technology you'll realize that the law of dominishing returns in new technologies to add or integrate into cell phones is declining....for all the cell phone makers...
APPLE STOCK
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/13/2012 8:34PM - in reply to Crazy 8 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
For the record closed today at 682.98
O.o
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/13/2012 9:11PM - in reply to APPLE STOCK Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You're telling me a company with more dedicated fanboys than PS3 and Xbox is declining?

I don't believe it

You were the one that said the Zune would crush the Ipod weren't you?
wtfunny
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/13/2012 9:29PM - in reply to turkey leg Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
30 years? Wow .. that's going out on a limb. 30 years after Jobs' death things will be different. That's quite a prediction.
dogs are for fish
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/14/2012 2:50AM - in reply to APPLE STOCK Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I am already looking forward to iphone 7. I hear it will create 3D hologramps of my favorite pron flicks and the phone will be able to morph into a fleshlight and clean itself with some new technology. I will really love that phone.
CGBatch
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/14/2012 3:06AM - in reply to dogs are for fish Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I tend to feel that apple (intentional or not) has created too high of an expectation for their products and that will be their undoing. The market will simply want more than apple can provide and people with become displeased with what will be deemed a shortcoming.
rekrunner
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/14/2012 3:45AM - in reply to APPLE STOCK Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Stock price is a poor measure of anything but collective fear and faith.

The fact that Apple took Samsung to court at all is the beginning of the end. They are no longer a company confident that they can beat the competition in the market, so they turn to the courts to set back their competitors.
AAPL
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/14/2012 3:52AM - in reply to CGBatch Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Initial stock already sold out for iPhone 5. That was quick.
Mrr82
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/14/2012 8:00AM - in reply to rekrunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rekrunner wrote:

Stock price is a poor measure of anything but collective fear and faith.

The fact that Apple took Samsung to court at all is the beginning of the end. They are no longer a company confident that they can beat the competition in the market, so they turn to the courts to set back their competitors.

Idiotic statement. They are competing against themselves when people are trying to sell a product so similar. If anything that's extreme confidence in their products. Samsung knew what they were doing, Google warned them they should change their phones because it was copying the Iphone. They choose not to.

Apple has a huge market left to reach in China. They are still working on getting on their major phone company which has almost 70% of the country. They will eventually come out with a TV game changer, and apparently a car? They have a lot of room for growth. Their P/E is very solid, and they have more money than they know what to do with. Expect some amazing things from Apple in the next year.
Mrr82
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/14/2012 8:02AM - in reply to Mrr82 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
One more thing, Apple is creating a gateway into business computers with their Iphones/Ipads. PC makers should be very worried. In the past hardly any companies used Macs, and it's still being very slow to change, but watch for it to excellerate as more and more businesses start using Iphones and now Ipads and the younger demographic that is all world Apple starts to get older. There's a HUGE untapped market there still.
not insider knowledge
RE: Iphone 5 is beginning of end of apple dominance 9/14/2012 8:14AM - in reply to Mrr82 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
apple sold more ipads in a year than the computer makers sold of their computers. so yeah they should worry. after all these years who is laughing now?
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |