Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
sle9
Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 4:01PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Or, is there one colder?
hotbuttrue
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 4:04PM - in reply to sle9 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ummm....ever heard of Antarctica? Also, Canada isn't a continent.
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 4:09PM - in reply to sle9 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
South Africa, that's the one under Africa right?
sadbuttrue
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 4:12PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Does anyone care???
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 4:15PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Africa is South Africa's hat.
knowledgable about Antipodes
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 4:23PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

wrote:

South Africa, that's the one under Africa right?

a logical question.
the answer to the OP (and you) is No Antarctica is.
magma is under Africa
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 4:25PM - in reply to knowledgable about Antipodes Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

knowledgable about Antipodes wrote:

a logical question.
the answer to the OP (and you) is No Antarctica is.


That's not right either. There is no continent right under Africa. Antarctica is south of Africa, not under it.
2012xxx
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 4:28PM - in reply to sle9 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
No, Alaska is the coldest continent. Or perhaps Minneapolis. Besides Candada is a village, not a continent. And South Africa is part of Europe.
Bad Wiggins
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 4:31PM - in reply to sle9 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Forget Antarctica. You can't go to Antarctica unless you're some puffed-up research scientist. And there's nothing there but a bunch of damn penguins and some ice.

For real cold weather go to Siberia. You can go to Siberia as long as the Russians give you a visa.

There are many great hockey players from Canada, and many great hockey players from Russia, but there are none at all from Antarctica. That should tell you something about who has the best cold weather.

The Russians are also the only nation on Earth whose cold weather slaughtered an entire army of Germans. The Germans would have had no trouble invading Canada.
NYC RUNNER
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 4:32PM - in reply to sle9 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Russia.

End of thread.
Plutonium
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 4:44PM - in reply to sle9 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Mars is the coldest continent because its on the dark side of the sun.
Knower of things
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 5:36PM - in reply to Plutonium Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Coldest continent - Antarctica. Coldest country - Greenland. Parts of Siberia are colder but Russia as a whole country is warmer than Greenland.
Well actually
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 6:11PM - in reply to Knower of things Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Knower of things wrote:

Coldest continent - Antarctica. Coldest country - Greenland. Parts of Siberia are colder but Russia as a whole country is warmer than Greenland.


No way Greenland is, on average, colder than Pluto.

Get your facts straight.
H.C.
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 8:15PM - in reply to Well actually Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Mine's the Sun! It's like the king of planets!
Sprint.geezer
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 8:19PM - in reply to sle9 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
BAMA is favored by 40 on Saturday.
atownrunnin
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 8:56PM - in reply to Bad Wiggins Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Bad Wiggins wrote:

Forget Antarctica. You can't go to Antarctica unless you're some puffed-up research scientist. And there's nothing there but a bunch of damn penguins and some ice.

For real cold weather go to Siberia. You can go to Siberia as long as the Russians give you a visa.

There are many great hockey players from Canada, and many great hockey players from Russia, but there are none at all from Antarctica. That should tell you something about who has the best cold weather.

The Russians are also the only nation on Earth whose cold weather slaughtered an entire army of Germans. The Germans would have had no trouble invading Canada.


Antarctica actually has a marathon:

http://www.icemarathon.com/
No It Is Not So
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 9:31PM - in reply to atownrunnin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Greenland is a country now?
RocketsTrack
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 9:35PM - in reply to sle9 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Your heart is the coldest continent on Earth.
Sleepy Jeans
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 9:44PM - in reply to atownrunnin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
They play hockey in Florida so it must be pretty cold there.
Knower of things
RE: Is Canada the coldest continent on Earth? 9/2/2012 10:19PM - in reply to atownrunnin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The Antarctic ultra calls itself the coldest in the world but in reality the White Mountains 100 in Alaska is colder. They do the Antarctic ultra in November under 24 hours of daylight and temperatures around 0F.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |