Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
split shorts only please
Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 4:36PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thats some range, not sure how (or why) he does it. seems like a lot of punishment for not a lot of money, but what do i know, i'm at my desk on a sunday.

Pittsburgh story with results:

http://bringbackthemile.com/news/detail/Miller_and_Kampf_Win_GNC_Live_Well_Liberty_Mile

and Providence story with results. by my calculations, he had exactly 36hrs between races. nuts!

http://running.competitor.com/2012/08/news/christian-hesch-stephanie-pezzullo-win-rock-n-roll-providence_57116
Tyrone shoelaces
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 4:50PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Posts as somerandomdude.

casual commentary wrote:

I also believe Christian reads these boards occasionally, so maybe you'll get lucky and he'll see this thread...
Ballsy
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 4:55PM - in reply to split shorts only please Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Did he stop and do pushups before the finish line? Did I read that correctly?

I thought we were going to come up the hill together and sprint to the line, said Hesch. Instead, the 33-year-old Rock n Roll Marathon Series veteran squeezed in a few pushups before crossing the finish line at 1:07:05.

Why? Why not? You cant always be so serious about it, he said with a laugh.
ZealotAssasin
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 5:35PM - in reply to Ballsy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What a baller
Tyrone shoelaces
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 5:45PM - in reply to ZealotAssasin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Apparently also posts as ZealotAssasin

ZealotAssasin wrote:

What a baller
Ho Hum
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 6:01PM - in reply to Tyrone shoelaces Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Little known fact: Christian Hesch alone accounts for 34% of all Letsrun personalities.
enquiring minds
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 6:14PM - in reply to Ho Hum Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Did they have drug testing at either of these races?
hart crane
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 8:37PM - in reply to enquiring minds Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Was he wearing board shorts?
push ups really ?
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 8:39PM - in reply to Ballsy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Ballsy wrote:

Did he stop and do pushups before the finish line? Did I read that correctly?

I thought we were going to come up the hill together and sprint to the line, said Hesch. Instead, the 33-year-old Rock n Roll Marathon Series veteran squeezed in a few pushups before crossing the finish line at 1:07:05.

Why? Why not? You cant always be so serious about it, he said with a laugh.

Doing push ups before the finish is quite a douche bag thing to do. But that fits his personalty perfect i guess.
somerandomdude
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 8:58PM - in reply to push ups really ? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
-actually, i only did it for you....knew it'd get the 'ol panties in a bunch, never fails ;)

-don't sell me short, I'm pretty sure i account for 37% of letsrun posts

-no, shorts were 2in above the knee

-if i posted as zealotassassin, I'd still spell it correctly, even if i was trying to post anonymously

-last thought: I'm freakin tired! got back to manhattan, went straight to sleep. what the heck was i thinking doing that?

cheers, dude~
KINGTroLL.
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 9:03PM - in reply to somerandomdude Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Well good for you to face the music.
Gowl
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 9:07PM - in reply to somerandomdude Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
somerandomdude
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 9:21PM - in reply to KINGTroLL. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I see what you did there.....smooth. lets see how many other ppl get it~
dude~

KINGTroLL. wrote:

Well good for you to face the music.
rhglakgeof
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 9:22PM - in reply to enquiring minds Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You're obviously jealous.

enquiring minds wrote:

Did they have drug testing at either of these races?
KINGTroLL.
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 9:30PM - in reply to somerandomdude Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I didn't get it myself until you pointed it out!!

A daily double!!
2001 fo real
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 10:11PM - in reply to split shorts only please Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
whooooaaa! 2001 just called- they want their dbag runner back.
somerandomdude
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 10:14PM - in reply to KINGTroLL. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
frankly, i thought it was one of the better "i see what you did there" posts i've seen in a while....sometimes greatness happens by accident, right?

on that note, I fully accept that today i basically rolled the dice going to PVD and got lucky. those guys more or less jogged most of the race, so it's not like i beat any good names. you just never know w/ RnR races, sometimes its 5 good guys and 5th place is 65:flat, and sometimes there's only 2 decent guys and 67min wins it....hey, i'll take lucky/gifting when it pays the bills. went to chicago since it was won in 69min last year, of course this year it was won in 64low, with 2-3-4 all in 65mid.....like i said, hit or miss....I got lucky today~

Dude~
enquiring minds
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 10:20PM - in reply to rhglakgeof Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rhglakgeof wrote:

You're obviously jealous.

No, but note that that was one point he didn't reply to. 'Nuff said.
somerandomdude
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 10:24PM - in reply to enquiring minds Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
sorry bro, replied about that to someone on FB, so forgot i didn't here....yes, def +, VERY elevated levels of Dunkin, pretty much a daily shoot-up for me when i'm on the east coast~
08 debbie green I was there
RE: Christian Hesch wins Rock-n-Roll Providence 1/2 Marathon 1 day after 4:00 mile- crazy 8/19/2012 10:26PM - in reply to somerandomdude Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Dude, you should put Wheeling on your calendar for next year.

You could run that downhill mile in about 3:40 friday night and then crush that HILLY half marathon (used to be 20k)the next morning!!
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |