Tiwtter has released the names of the 10 athletes who received more than a million tweets during the Olympics:
1.Usain Bolt (@UsainBolt)
2. Michael Phelps (@MichaelPhelps)
3. Tom Daley (@TomDaley1994)
4. Ryan Lochte (@ryanlochte)
5. Gabby Douglas (@gabrielledoug)
6. Andy Murray (@andy_murray)
7. Kobe Bryant (#GetKobeOnTwitter)
8. Yohan Blake (@YohanBlake)
9. Lee Chong Wei (@Lee_C_Wei)
10. LeBron James (@KingJames)
Is this supposed to be surprising? Track has more global appeal than swimming. The Olympics are not really the main event for basketball and nothing really surprising happened in this year Olympic basketball. Badminton is very popular in very populous places.
|I call BS|
Bolt got way more attention pre-Olympics. Phelps was low key throughout.
Bolt has also said controversial things, that will get more twits.
Phelps was entirely diplomatic. Sponsors will take one look at Bolt and Phelps and go with Phelps because of the 'risk' of track athletes.
|might be a ceo|
We have an opening at our company for a VP of strategic marketing. I think you would be a shoe in if you applied.