Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |
wejo
co-founder
Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 6:47AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I spoke to both Ryan and Abdi.

Ryan dropped out about 10.2 miles in and Abdi soon after that.

Ryan had problems with his right hamstring. It has been a minor problem for him in training but something he thought he had taken care of. It kept getting up in the worse and he decided to drop out instead of risk damaging his career.

Ryan had been battling plantar fasciitis on his left foot and he thinks in compensating for that he started stressing the hamstring in training.
Ryan said it is the first race of his life he has dropped out of. He pointed out has his marathon career has been amazingly consistent and this was his worst marathon.

Abdi had problems with his right knee. It also was a minor problem that bothered him in training. He said the USOC doctors looked at him and determined he had water on his knee. Not a ton and he thought he'd be fine.

Abdi couldn't remember the last time he dropped out.

Race still going. About 20+ minutes left. Meb Keflezighi in 10th at 30k.
long sox
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 6:51AM - in reply to wejo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Saving it for NYC.
dinerooooo
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 6:56AM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That movie he was making is going to be anti climatic.
Old Man Runner
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 6:57AM - in reply to dinerooooo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
God said you should rest on the 7th day. Ryan should have known this.
Ace in the troll
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 7:22AM - in reply to dinerooooo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Against the climate??? That makes no sense.

dinerooooo wrote:

That movie he was making is going to be anti climatic.
the choosing one
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 7:25AM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

lolololryanhall wrote:

Looks like god slept in this morning.

Nope, He was up quite early preparing Uganda Kiprotich for the race of his life.
Brianruns10
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 7:29AM - in reply to Old Man Runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Old Man Runner wrote:

Ha! Right on. Pretty hypocritical of pious holier than thou hall, to break to not rest on the sabbath, and in fact, to race for a gold idol with the graven image of a "false god," I.e. Nike, goddess of victory.

Ryan Hall hellbound?
big les
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 7:35AM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

lolololryanhall wrote:

Looks like god slept in this morning.

Have you not seen the amount of athletes god is helping? He's a busy man. His inbox must be overloaded with unanswered prayers.

http://i.imgur.com/Ud6UZ.png
losangelesrunner
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 7:41AM - in reply to wejo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Good to hear Hall dropped rather than risk further injury. Hopefully he can get the hamstring healed in time for a fall marathon. Best of luck to him.
david okeyo jr
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 7:44AM - in reply to wejo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
wejo can you look into the official reason the Olympic marathons were scheduled for such late starts?
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 7:44AM - in reply to losangelesrunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
In my opinio, he should not have talked so much beforehand. When you are not 100% and injured you should not talk about 'the best marathon I will ever run'. Just my 2 cents.
J CruuZ
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 7:45AM - in reply to losangelesrunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Clearly these guys are running the Olympic marathon when they know they are injured and then drop out early so they can get the Olympic experience and still make money in a fall marathon. These two should be ashamed of themselves

If you are a marathoner, you know if you can race or not. 15K runs are done all the time. They know. There is no way they should be dropping out that early. It was planned.
hikari wa kagayaite iru
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 7:46AM - in reply to Brianruns10 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Like the two men being crucified with Christ, you have also been tested, and like each one's character was revealed, so has yours been laid open. But which of the two are you?

Brianruns10 wrote:

Old Man Runner wrote:

Ha! Right on. Pretty hypocritical of pious holier than thou hall, to break to not rest on the sabbath, and in fact, to race for a gold idol with the graven image of a "false god," I.e. Nike, goddess of victory.

Ryan Hall hellbound?
It's all about the money
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 7:50AM - in reply to losangelesrunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Bad move by Hall , he has not been right for weeks , maybe he was thinking divine intervention would save him. Should have pulled out and gave up his spot , Abdi the same , water on the knee is cumulative , it's been around awhile , he should have not started , both hurt chances of others and now will run for fall money marathons. Bad examples both of them.
BreadnButta
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 8:01AM - in reply to It's all about the money Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Just like with the women's race, there's no on to take their places. Ritz already ran the 10k, and the other guys wouldn't have stood a chance. I'd rather Hall and Abdi make a go for it than throw in a guy with no chance.
Hall the Loser
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 8:04AM - in reply to BreadnButta Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
For 15k?

Of course they both knew they weren't going to finish the marathon.

Ritz could have run.
Sp!kes
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 8:07AM - in reply to long sox Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

long sox wrote:

Saving it for NYC.

Ha, saving WHAT for new york? Saving his weak ass effort that lets the lead pack go and finish 10th? At this point who cares about hall? I was disgusted by hall before his race and now it's multiplied by 100.

Meb is everything that hall is not. Can you even imagine Meb dropping out of the Olympic marathon? The thought is laughable.
Karen
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 8:08AM - in reply to losangelesrunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Good to hear Hall dropped rather than risk further injury. Hopefully he can get the hamstring healed in time for a fall marathon. Best of luck to him.

Agree... was sad to see, but ultimately a wise choice, I think. Desi made a similar hard choice and got slammed for it last Sunday. I hope the same doesn't happen to our male marathoners today.[quote]losangelesrunner wrote:
Rocky Balboa
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 8:09AM - in reply to Hall the Loser Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Didn't Ryan pray for his injuries to go away? Has he gone to the dark side? Maybe he drank one of Mayeroff's 666 Energy Drink
Dirt
RE: Update on Ryan Hall and Abdi Abdirahman Dropping Out of Olympic Marathon 8/12/2012 8:21AM - in reply to wejo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
here we go, first ripping on Tebow's faith, now Ryan Hall...you're just gonna go straight to hell...
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |