here is the truth
Does drinking water actually make you feel better and make you healthier ? 7/31/2012 12:35AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Like everyone, since I was a kid I was told to drink 8 classes of water a day. I rarely drink water. I am healthy. Of course, I am always trying to make my body feel better.

So will drinking lots of water actually make a noticeable difference in my life? I am not an elite athlete, just a normal dude trying to be healthy.
rupple stiltskin
RE: Does drinking water actually make you feel better and make you healthier ? 7/31/2012 6:37AM - in reply to here is the truth Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If your pee is clear-ish (not completely clear), you're good. Otherwise drink more and you will indeed feel better, as well as have less unhealthy food cravings. 8 glasses a day is just a wild guestimate, don't listen to that, listen to the color of your pee.
Wisconsinite
RE: Does drinking water actually make you feel better and make you healthier ? 7/31/2012 7:45AM - in reply to here is the truth Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I like to look at the opposite side of the question:
Does NOT drinking water make you feel better and make you healthier?
I suppose one could argue that they feel better if they don't drink any water. Then they die.
Soooooooo....
s.mouse1
RE: Does drinking water actually make you feel better and make you healthier ? 7/31/2012 8:34AM - in reply to Wisconsinite Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What is Evian spelled backwards? Yep.
here is the truth
RE: Does drinking water actually make you feel better and make you healthier ? 7/31/2012 1:10PM - in reply to s.mouse1 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
so I got one good answer. Pee is the answer
rekrunner
RE: Does drinking water actually make you feel better and make you healthier ? 7/31/2012 9:31PM - in reply to here is the truth Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Here's an idea -- drink when you are thirsty. Your body knows when it's running short, and it's not too late to wait until you are thirsty.

Hard and fast rules like "8 glasses of water a day" are always bad recommendations.

If it's hot and dry, you will need to drink more.

If you eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, you will need to drink less.
Leprachaun 3
RE: Does drinking water actually make you feel better and make you healthier ? 7/31/2012 9:52PM - in reply to here is the truth Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You need to be properly hydrated to feel your best. Drinking more than that will not do anything for you except make you urinate. Alot of people with little health issues could probably benefit from getting properly hydrated, especially digestive issues and headaches.