1) In shape: Obviously they will be more likely to stay in shape than non runners over the course of a relationship that lasts more than a few months. Non runners suffer from freshman 15's and party guts galore, not a problem with runners.
2) In shape for life: As a consequence of #1 if the relationship becomes a marriage they will will live longer and healthier lives with you and be in much better shape as you both age. Try checking out how many hot former foot ball players there are that are in their 50's.
3) Chill attitude: Runners are generally more relaxed people. That chick may have called runners OCD but I would say all the runners I know are the most chill relaxed people around. Running has always been sited as a way to relax you and relieve stress so how could people who do it everyday be uptight.
4) Endurance: Not just for the bedroom but also in everyday activities. Runners can enjoy outdoor activities like hiking, skiing, biking etc far longer than non runners. If you think thats not important try taking an out of shape girl on a long hike and see how much fun that is.
5) Good out look on challenges. Most of the runners I know are successful in life due in large part to the fact that they enjoy challenges and overcoming adversity. These qualities make you a great runner and usually a successful person. I am willing to bet that if you did a study measuring average salaries of former college foot ball players and former college runners 10 years after school ends that runners would crush them.
6) Not pretentious: I don't know what runners the girl in the article was hang out with but in my experience runners they are among the most humble people. I have earned a few medals at races but I have never, ever worn one of them. If one was place over my head on an award stand I took it off as I got off the stand and I would say that is true of almost every race and runner I have ever seen. I doubt if most of the runners on this site can even find their medals or ribbons as they are probably in an old box somewhere in the attic or were thrown away long ago. At any rate in my experience runners usually don't take themselves that seriously. Look at these boards and you will find runners making fun of themselves 1000 times more than you will find someone bragging about some accomplishment.
7) Intelligence: Look at the GPA's of any HS or college cross country team compared with other sports and you will find that they almost always have the highest in the school. Some of the smartest people I know are runners. I am sure that there are some smart foot ball players out there but on average I would say that runners are of above average intelligence.
8) Great bodies: I know this one is very subjective however I would submit that if you list characteristics generally desirable in women's bodies (long slender legs, toned, tanned, thin, great abs etc.) runner girls meet almost all of them with the possible exception of big boobs (which aren't my favorite thing). I won't go through the mens characteristics but would point out that most of the so called hottest men in hollywood (Brad Pit, Matthew Mcconaughey, Tom Cruise etc) all either were runners or certainly looked like runners in their younger years. The Rock a former foot ball player really only gets fat chick excited.
9) Sense of humor: I know I am biased but runners are usually pretty funny people. The social nature of running where you end up having to fill the long hours of running with good conversation I think leads to people who know how make fun of life. If you can laugh on a ten mile hard run chances are you can laugh at (or crack a good joke at) all the other problems that life throws at you.
10) Enjoyment of life: Being a runner allows you to enjoy life to a much greater extent. Runners fit easily in to airplane seats, don't worry about what they eat, aren't afraid to show their bodies, and the list goes on. Basically our bodies and mind sets are far better designed to have fun in this world.