Let's hear some predictions for XC. With Navy losing so many of their top runners could someone else get the win this year? Bucknell has a good chance to unseat the champs. Lehigh has an outside shot as well. Navy has 9 guys that ran sub 9:19 and 4:19 in HS, and a slew of others in the 9:20, 4:20 range. Can a few of them step up and run well? Hebda ran the 2 mile in 9:07 but didn't have much of an impact as a Freshman but you know he has a lot of potential to step up and help Navy this year.
Based on returning runners of last years PLC:
1. Navy (4,5,12,14,15) 50
2. Lehigh (8,10,11,16,27) 72
3. Army (7,9,13,20,25) 74
4. American (2,3,17,22,41) 85
5. Bucknell (6,18,19,21,20) 90
6. Colgate (1,28,30,32,34) 125
7. Lafayette (23,29,31,33,37) 153
8. Holy Cross (35,36,38,39,40) 188
1. Lehigh (big 3 of mueller, miller and bernitt will anchor this team to its first Patriot League Championship)
2. Navy (very deep, they will find a way to replace some of their top guys)
3. American (centro will need a studly recruiting class to bring the championship back to American, i can see Mark Allen making a run for the individual title)
4. Bucknell (team with some young talent, they will be right there competing for a top 3 finish)
5. Army (like navy, they are always going to have guys that will show up)
6. Lafayette (if Will Volkmann can crack the top ten, i can this team being very close with colgate)
7. Colgate (Chris Johnson will most likely lock up that 1 spot, but will that be enough?)
8. Holy Cross (yeah...)
|Dietz and Watson|
Nice predictions. Bucknell will surprise some people this year I believe. They have three stud rising sophomores who have performed well on the track, two of those being IC4A qualifiers outdoors this year. Krystek returns as well to lead the charge.
We didn't hear much from Robbie Patterson of Navy in track this year, but he was 12th at xc Patriots last fall. Look out for him. Navy always brings guys out of the woodwork throughout the season (big roster, great coach) so they will be a threat even without their notorious front runners.
American is hurting, but Centro knows what he's doing. Allen, Pope, and Leininger will have big years. Look for Constantine Matsakis to step up into that top 5.
After seeing what Johnson did to Cody Rome in the last 2 laps of the outdoor 5k, he looks incredibly tough to beat at this point.
Lehigh is young and deep. They also may have the package to pull out a win.
Yes, nice packages all around. Tyler Mueller is ready to let the beast hang out of the bottom of his shorts.