Pages: | 1 | 2 |
baby cakes
how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 5/23/2012 2:32PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm not a huge drinker, but on the nights I have more than two drinks, my wife complains that my entire body smells like alcohol. I've tried hydrating, mints, etc, everything, but she always claims the smell is there, coming out of my pores.

Seasoned drinkers, is there any way to avoid this? I do like to have fun from time to time, but don't like the, uh, side effects of smelling bad.

Would everclear (obviously rationed carefully) stop the issue? I've heard it is odorless, and I do tend to smell like what I've been drinking.
Science!
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 5/23/2012 2:39PM - in reply to baby cakes Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
She just doesn't like you drinking, it has nothing to do with the smell. You have to drink your face off then sweat a ton to actually produce any alcohol smell.
Ghrelin
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 5/23/2012 2:46PM - in reply to baby cakes Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Nope, Everclear won't help. It's the smell of the alcohol itself. I guess you could take up smoking?
Moderator #4
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 5/23/2012 2:52PM - in reply to baby cakes Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Maybe get a shower, you filthy animal.
Gibson
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 5/23/2012 3:07PM - in reply to baby cakes Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
May want to switch to Gibson Martinis as your go to drink. The pervasive onion smell will take care of the issue.
might be wejo
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 5/23/2012 3:52PM - in reply to Gibson Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
get a new wife.

problem solved.
off the leash
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 5/23/2012 4:53PM - in reply to baby cakes Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What are you drinking?

I think some drinks are stinkier than others. Whiskey is the worst, but if you drink enough anything you will stink.

I am like your wife in that I can smell the drink on a person and I hate that stink. And just so you know the stink lasts on you the whole next day as well, whether you shower or not.
Wild n crazy guy
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 5/23/2012 6:36PM - in reply to baby cakes Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
As a seasoned drinker I recommend telling your wife to mind her business.
Steve Prefontaint
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 5/23/2012 6:44PM - in reply to Ghrelin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Ghrelin wrote:

Nope, Everclear won't help. It's the smell of the alcohol itself. I guess you could take up smoking?



Alcohol is odorless. So grain alcohol (like Everclear) actually wouldn't produce a smell. That is as long as you're drinking it straight though.

Smoking is a good suggestion though.
gasser
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 5/23/2012 6:47PM - in reply to baby cakes Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's not you man, it's your lady. Back in my college days I used to drink my face off at least twice a week. Nowadays I rarely have more than one tasty micro-brew a day, generally after my run or while I'm working in the yard or whatever. The perspective of the wife (wife-to-be way back when) hasn't changed a bit - she will almost always casually mention that she thinks I drink too much. Women have zero ability to self-analyze when it comes to nagging. It's not in their DNA. Yes, I know I'm generalizing. There is almost never a reason to not drink beer. It's delicious and good for you. Hope this helps.
1989 called
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 5/23/2012 7:02PM - in reply to Steve Prefontaint Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Steve Prefontaint wrote:

Alcohol is odorless. So grain alcohol (like Everclear) actually wouldn't produce a smell. That is as long as you're drinking it straight though.

Smoking is a good suggestion though.

Back when I was still living at home my mom would always be able to tell if I had been drinking the morning after by the smell in my room, and I've definitely noticed a smell coming off people who've been drinking.
Cosmo K
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 5/23/2012 7:09PM - in reply to baby cakes Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Try Hennigan's, the no smell, no tell Scotch.
Tequila, Nevada
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 5/23/2012 8:22PM - in reply to 1989 called Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

1989 called wrote:


Steve Prefontaint wrote:

Alcohol is odorless. So grain alcohol (like Everclear) actually wouldn't produce a smell. That is as long as you're drinking it straight though.

Smoking is a good suggestion though.

Back when I was still living at home my mom would always be able to tell if I had been drinking the morning after by the smell in my room, and I've definitely noticed a smell coming off people who've been drinking.


Ethanol is a colorless and odorless liquid. Most alcoholic beverages do have an odor, however. But grain alcohol by itself will not produce a smell.

Besides, I doubt your tell was the smell in your room. I'm sure it was more so your tendency to sh*t in the bathtub every time you came home drunk.
Beer Machine
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 5/23/2012 11:36PM - in reply to Cosmo K Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I wanted to make this joke. :( Nice one!!
Data Error
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 5/23/2012 11:46PM - in reply to Tequila, Nevada Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Tequila, Nevada wrote:


1989 called wrote:


Steve Prefontaint wrote:

Alcohol is odorless. So grain alcohol (like Everclear) actually wouldn't produce a smell. That is as long as you're drinking it straight though.

Smoking is a good suggestion though.

Back when I was still living at home my mom would always be able to tell if I had been drinking the morning after by the smell in my room, and I've definitely noticed a smell coming off people who've been drinking.


Ethanol is a colorless and odorless liquid. Most alcoholic beverages do have an odor, however. But grain alcohol by itself will not produce a smell.

Besides, I doubt your tell was the smell in your room. I'm sure it was more so your tendency to sh*t in the bathtub every time you came home drunk.


Please, do you really think it's the ethanol that is giving off the smell? It's been metabolized into various organic compounds-these give off the smell of "alcohol".
lenny
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 5/24/2012 8:17AM - in reply to baby cakes Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I only have this problem after going on a real bender. If you still stink after a long run and a shower you drank way too much.
Cooper
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 11/1/2013 4:53AM - in reply to lenny Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Saying you drank " way too much " is in no way helpful !
At best you are pointing out the obvious...

My best suggestion is to * as was said above *; drink clear liquor ( honestly vodka has the best results ).

*BUT*

If you really would like to minimize your chance of getting caught; gargle a bit of Listerine before you exhale...

I would like to stress that you should caution not to SWALLOW the Listerine... You will be sick.

This still does not completely rid your body of the smell. It is simply and quick fix. More long term solutions include taking Bentonite or Charcoal.

More info on this can be found at:

http://www.wikihow.com/Cure-Alcohol-Breath

Good Luck !!!
hoser from Moose Jaw
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 11/1/2013 5:01AM - in reply to baby cakes Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Don't go home to your wife after you've been drinking. She'll stop complaining that you smell of alcohol.
Hiya folks
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 11/1/2013 5:22AM - in reply to hoser from Moose Jaw Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's not ethanol that she smells, it's the formaldehyde into which the ethanol is metabolized that gives off the almost fruit-like but disgusting smell on your breath and on your skin.
fsdfasdf
RE: how to avoid my entire body smelling like alcohol 11/1/2013 6:20AM - in reply to Beer Machine Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Beer Machine wrote:

I wanted to make this joke. :( Nice one!!


Waaaaahhhh Waaahhhhhh I want to be the chosen one.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |