|Check out this: http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2012/03/26/In-Depth/Clutter.aspx?hl=olympic%20sponsor&sc=0
Look to the bottom of the page in the section where this quote is to be found:
Repucom asked consumers if, over the past 12 months, they could recall seeing or hearing any sponsorship while watching a game/event on television. This would include signage on or around the field of play as well as any sponsored segments of the broadcasts, such as a halftime show or play of the game. Television commercials were not included.
The survey found that the highest sponsor recall on television was among NASCAR and NFL viewers. Here are the overall highlights:
* Men and women
Note: Repucom, through its SponsorLink product, conducts an online survey each month among 1,000 sports enthusiasts. The results shown are for the January 2012-March 2012 waves.
Source: Repucom International
What this means is that the television exposure of the GREATEST TRACK AND FIELD TEAM ON THE PLANET, IN AN OLYMPIC YEAR has resulted in a sponsor recall efficiency below Women's Basketball and High School sports...
Better get busy, Max. How about instead of setting targets for the athletes, which you don't control, you set some targets which you do? I'll propose one: 3 in 2012! See if you can bring onboard as few as 3 new major sponsors this year?
eyes wide shut wrote:
Nice backgrounder , thanks.
We have to forget what the guy has done in the past , he will now be judged on everything he does from May 1st on. How he got the job , the boards lack of credibility , Millers BS excuses all history. Olympics this year is really to bed , sponsors , trials all but done.
What should we demand of Max and 1st steps ?
1. Get your ass out of the sky box at events and mix with the coaches and athletes and get a pulse on the sport.
2. Take notice of the ass kissers that will be chasing you around trying to hold on to their jobs/roles and judge wether they are capable or not.
3. Sit with the shoe company reps and see where they stand on the sport as they are funding many of the elites and events. They have a direct link to the consumer.
4. Talk with your major sponsors to see if they are getting what they paid for , do this without Hightower and crew.
5. Talk with the major marathon/race directors see how they are doing with the masses that are flooding their events in record numbers.
6. Talk with the media , ask what is it going to take to get your attention on a regular basis , not just every four years.
BTW , make sure someone in the USATF organization understands advance notice of 16 minutes of a press conference is simply not acceptable by any account.