Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 |
BAA or BUST
OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 9:51AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
For those of us who can't watch the race live and have to furtively check our phones every few minutes' LetsRun.com Addition - Don't forget to listen to our post-race live Internet show at 12:30 pm ET. Hopefully the race is over by then!!!
I <3 Tacos
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:16AM - in reply to BAA or BUST Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Heres an update, if anymore people defer I'm going to have to run a BQ -30 to get in.
Patriots Day Worker
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:19AM - in reply to BAA or BUST Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Awesome. Even though I work in Boston a block from the finish line I will still only be getting updates here. April 16 is a bad day to be an accountant
Peace Out
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:22AM - in reply to BAA or BUST Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I am so thankful not to be running it this year. I train in the snow in Canada all winter; running Boston on a day like this would be frickin' torture from the start line.

Thanks for starting this thread; this will probably be my only way of getting updates as well.
oh please
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:22AM - in reply to Patriots Day Worker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Stream is working on Universalsports. Wheelchair competition is about to start.
agip
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:23AM - in reply to oh please Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
fun listening to the announcers before they think they can be heard
Patriots Day Worker
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:24AM - in reply to I <3 Tacos Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

I <3 Tacos wrote:

Heres an update, if anymore people defer I'm going to have to run a BQ -30 to get in.

Just run your qualifying marathon in the fall to qualify for 2014. If I were entered today I would defer.
broken computer man
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:24AM - in reply to oh please Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
redux
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:24AM - in reply to oh please Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That dude's pinwheel is making me feel sick.
oh please
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:27AM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Women warming up around the startline. They are sweaty already.
rojo
co-founder
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:34AM - in reply to oh please Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Who is doing the commentating on the universal sports online coverage?

On tv, todd williams is on there but he's in California or wherever their studios are.

Todd obviously hasn't read Jk's weather prediction as he said 455 per mile and thought over 2:10.
Sleepy American
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:36AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Horrible video and webcast feed. Choppy breaking up. 100% worse than Rotterdam yesterday.
Gunnar Bruun
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:36AM - in reply to broken computer man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I can't get the stream to work either. Just blank in all browsers.
universal pain
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:37AM - in reply to broken computer man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
not for me :-( any alternatives ?
rojo
co-founder
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:38AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It looks like the online stream and the tv coverage may be the same except the online is 3-4 seconds ahead of my tv.

And online there are no commercials!!!

Is anyone watching the local cbs stream?

Is Toni Reavis on there? Maybe I should get a Boston proxy server as the commentator in CA is kind of boring.
Ho hum
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:40AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
6:15 first mile for women
rwfijoaf
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:42AM - in reply to BAA or BUST Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
omg! free high def stream! cool prerace discussion! loving this NBC!
triple zero
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:43AM - in reply to universal pain Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Trying to watch from outside of the US, no luck so far. I'm guessing the universal sports feed is only available in the US? Would have been nice to know that earlier.
IanL
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:43AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Not sure why they keep showing the "pre-race" show when the race has already started...
Patriots Day Worker
RE: OFFICIAL BOSTON UPDATE THREAD 4/16/2012 8:46AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rojo wrote:

It looks like the online stream and the tv coverage may be the same except the online is 3-4 seconds ahead of my tv.

And online there are no commercials!!!

Is anyone watching the local cbs stream?

Is Toni Reavis on there? Maybe I should get a Boston proxy server as the commentator in CA is kind of boring.

The local cbs coverage should be streaming on their website:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 |