adored
How many hours without bathing does it take before your body starts to noticeably stink? (without exercising) 3/21/2012 7:43PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
After 24 hours without bathing (using deodorant. not exercising) I start to stink.

On a few occasions I've gone 48 hours without bating and it's god awful. I smell like vinegar and rotting vegetables.

What's up with that? How did our ancestors live without showering everyday? Did they smell like shit and vinegar all the time?
Fluffy
RE: How many hours without bathing does it take before your body starts to noticeably stink? (without exercising) 3/21/2012 7:47PM - in reply to adored Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
By the time you realize you stink its already way too late.
creampuff's friend
RE: How many hours without bathing does it take before your body starts to noticeably stink? (without exercising) 3/21/2012 8:55PM - in reply to adored Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
zero
stinky stinkerton
RE: How many hours without bathing does it take before your body starts to noticeably stink? (without exercising) 3/21/2012 9:49PM - in reply to adored Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I start to smell pretty bad within half a day if I don't put on deodorant, kinda sucks but I shower two to three times a day anyway (in the morning before school and after runs)

One of my friends used to go close to a week without showering and the only way I could tell is that his hair would look greasy, didn't smell bad at all.
dfsdsfa
RE: How many hours without bathing does it take before your body starts to noticeably stink? (without exercising) 3/21/2012 9:54PM - in reply to stinky stinkerton Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Did you sniff his arse?
please stop
RE: How many hours without bathing does it take before your body starts to noticeably stink? (without exercising) 3/21/2012 10:39PM - in reply to adored Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
about 4-5 days with running, weeks without. no joke
rin tin tin
RE: How many hours without bathing does it take before your body starts to noticeably stink? (without exercising) 3/21/2012 10:42PM - in reply to dfsdsfa Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

dfsdsfa wrote:

Did you sniff his arse?

Yes, it's lovely.
Truths 4sho
RE: How many hours without bathing does it take before your body starts to noticeably stink? (without exercising) 3/22/2012 3:05AM - in reply to rin tin tin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It varies by person.

If its a hot girl, she prob could go a few days and be fine. Most people 24hrs.

Ugly and obese people may stink up places if they don't shower after 8hrs.

It all depends.

Then you also have incontinent people wearing diapers who may stink up a room without warning.
virginia runner
RE: How many hours without bathing does it take before your body starts to noticeably stink? (without exercising) 3/22/2012 6:42AM - in reply to adored Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
depends on physical exertion and the heat. If you're just sitting in a nicely air conditioned room and not doing too much, it could take a while
Borgenian
RE: How many hours without bathing does it take before your body starts to noticeably stink? (without exercising) 3/22/2012 8:40AM - in reply to Truths 4sho Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
[quote]Truths 4sho wrote:

Ugly and obese people may stink up places if they don't shower after 8hrs.

quote]

Ugly people have a greater tendency to stink than normal/attractive people? Is there a physiological basis for this?

Either way... it explains a lot about me. My crotch starts stinking around lunch time. I always smell it, and I pray no one else can. I figure it's because of the fairly tight dress pants that I wear to work cramping my junk all day.
A. Hipster
RE: How many hours without bathing does it take before your body starts to noticeably stink? (without exercising) 3/22/2012 9:05AM - in reply to adored Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

adored wrote:
What's up with that? How did our ancestors live without showering everyday? Did they smell like shit and vinegar all the time?

I would guess that what you eat plays a large role in how you smell, so our ancestors probably smelled quite a bit different. They probably didn't mind the smell though. Do you think dogs care that other dogs smell like dog?
Steve Martin
RE: How many hours without bathing does it take before your body starts to noticeably stink? (without exercising) 3/22/2012 10:27AM - in reply to Truths 4sho Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Truths 4sho wrote:

It all depends.

Then you also have incontinent people wearing diapers who may stink up a room without warning.
Depends. Haha. What a fungi!
serious dude
RE: How many hours without bathing does it take before your body starts to noticeably stink? (without exercising) 3/22/2012 11:42AM - in reply to Steve Martin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
For me probably 3 days. I am not a smelly person. When it is cold outside (20's or 30's) I could go for a hard 10 mile run and you would not know it afterward. It is cold enough that I don't sweat much, and therefore I don't smell.
random a hole
RE: How many hours without bathing does it take before your body starts to noticeably stink? (without exercising) 3/22/2012 11:50AM - in reply to Borgenian Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Borgenian wrote:

Either way... it explains a lot about me. My crotch starts stinking around lunch time. I always smell it, and I pray no one else can. I figure it's because of the fairly tight dress pants that I wear to work cramping my junk all day.

They probably see you and your tight pants and stay out of smelling range.
Agreed
RE: How many hours without bathing does it take before your body starts to noticeably stink? (without exercising) 3/22/2012 12:53PM - in reply to please stop Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I can go a week easy without showering, even when running, except in the height of summer. I don't smell but I start feeling crusty from dried sweat. I Never wear deodorant either. And it isn't just me not noticing myself. I have asked multiple close friends to speak honestly about if I smell and they all have said there is no issue. They are then shocked to learn that at the moment I am asking them I have not showered in 8 days and have had the same stick of deodorant for at least 6 years.

After a week my hair starts getting greasy.