It's amazing how many things you can get wrong in so few words.
|Oh, and one more thing...|
Callahan, Dunbar, Leslie all botched things by letting the pace die in the first heat. No autos. Second heat, Bywater of UW took the pace and set up ND/Rae FTW 9:29. Ark also auto Wisco just out as was Washington and Villa , whose anchor McNemee ran about 3:55 to catch the leaders.
1 BYU 9:29.00
2 Indiana 9:29.12
3 Texas A&M 9:29.71
4 Notre Dame 9:29.72
5 Oklahoma 9:30.13
6 Wisconsin 9:30.86
7 Stanford 9:31.24
8 Arkansas 9:31.48
9 Villanova 9:31.52
10 Washington 9:31.68
11 Ohio State 9:31.71
12 Oregon 9:31.91
13 Princeton 9:31.95
14 Minnesota 9:33.02
15 Arizona State 9:33.48
16 Virginia 9:34.78
17 Penn State 9:35.24
18 Air Force 9:35.28
No wonder not even Flo Track can get it right..it is Sam McEntee not McKenzie like Flo boys kept calling him or MCEmee or anything else
Is it that hard for Track announcers that are there for the one big thing to KNOW who the better guys are at least
McEntee ran about 3:56.x making up tons of ground
Whoa, so many fast teams this year! I think they should take Ohio State/Oregon/Princeton but no teams further than that...those three can all be competitive and one could even win it all.
Nice women's DMR too (10:58) and a hot DMR at the Armory with Florida 10:58, Dartmouth 11:00 and UCONN 11:01....Cory McGee must have had a ten second lead at the handoff but went out in 2:11 (!!) and D'Agostino almost made up the entire deficit with a great anchor leg.
You have to think NCAAs will be won in 9:27.xx if the anchor leg doesn't get tactical
For women, SO many sub 11s this year! Gotta think Oregon, Georgetown, Washington, Florida etc. are going to push each other to low 10:50s.
Men: Going to go with BYU and Batty, REPEAT.
Women: Flood too far back to catch up and it's a Hasay-Infeld match-up. Infeld has had a crazy kick lately so going to go with her and Georgetown for the win.
|Boise is Alt...|
Boise is at altitude. It is not as high as Alb, NM, but it is up there. The distance racers who are doubling will be affected. The ones who are running one race, should be fine. But some are going to have to make a choice. Mile prelim/DMR/Mile final won't be so easy. Neither will 5k/3k.
NCAA participant cap usually allows 11 Men's Relays and 12 Women's Relays. No way Princeton makes it and I doubt Oregon, either.
I don't think it was a typical FloTrack announcer. He seemed to be very unfamiliar with how to properly perform a play-by-play on a distance race, and seems to have a fairly strong Notre Dame bias. Seemed almost like a ND feed that they allowed Flotrack to live stream.
Here are the results:
1 Notre Dame 'A' 9:29.72
1) Shawel, Johnathan 2) Giesting, Christopher
3) Babb, Randall 4) Rae, Jeremy
2 Wisconsin 'A' 9:30.86
1) Mudd, Austin 2) Thompson, Aaron
3) Mellon, Zach 4) Hatz, Alexander
3 Arkansas 'A' 9:31.48
1) Lieghio, Anthony 2) Southard, Travis
3) Momoh, Leoman 4) Rono, Patrick
4 Villanova 'A' 9:31.52
1) Tetreault, Brian 2) Murphy, Bryan
3) Ellison, Samuel 4) McEntee, Sam
5 Washington 'A' 9:31.68
1) Soberanis, Ryan 2) McNeal, Maurice
3) Whitley, Bradley 4) Bywater, Joey
6 Ohio State 'A' 9:31.71
1) Fallon, Chris 2) Smith, Korbin
3) White, Dan 4) Leslie, Cory
7 Oregon 'A' 9:31.91
1) Shrader, Brian 2) Berry, Mike
3) Guyota, Boru 4) Dunbar, Trevor
8 Princeton 'A' 9:31.95
1) Van Ackeren, Trevor 2) Hopkins, Tom
3) Williams, Michael 4) Callahan, Peter
9 Minnesota 'A' 9:33.02
1) Burkstrand, Travis 2) Holton, John
3) Abda, Harun 4) Hutton, Nick
10 Virginia 'A' 9:34.78
1) Gilland, Taylor 2) Anding, Kevin
3) Roller, Lance 4) Kostelac, Anthony
11 Air Force 'A' 9:35.28
1) Zubey, Alex 2) Delgado, Anthony
3) Lindsay, Alex 4) Walmsley, Jim
12 North Carolina 'A' 9:40.21
1) Driggs, Jack 2) Parros, Clayton
3) Wanliss, O'Neal 4) Presson, Isaac
13 Kansas 'A' 9:41.02
1) Wasinger, Don 2) Munsch, Josh
3) Fink, Dalen 4) Clemons, Kyle
14 Albany 'A' 9:46.36
1) Burke, Christopher 2) Santana, Jonathan
3) Rowell, Peter 4) Lagno, Paul
-- Penn State 'A' DNF
1) Endress, Wade 2) Nadolsky, Aaron
3) Loxsom, Casimir 4) Creese, Robby
-- New Mexico 'A' DNF
1) Evans, Sam 2) York, Richard
3) Aragon, Gabe 4) Millington, Ross
-- Georgetown 'A' DNF
1) Peavey, Bobby 2) Akers, Hansel
3) Ulm, Toby 4) Springer, Andrew
-- Texas 'A' DNF
1) Jessett, CJ 2) Dreyer, Dereck
3) Thompson, Kyle 4) McGregor, Patrick
Top 5 are all from the 2nd heat.