Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
jwiaf
Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 2/27/2012 1:50AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yes, there is no doubt that Lawi Lalang is already better than Galen Rupp. Rupp ran a nice little 2 mile, a bit faster than Emiel Puttermans ran on a shitty track when Nixon was President, but Lalang is going to be much better. Rupp is not able to beat the big boys, and that is OK. Rupp is doing fine, but he should not have oversized expectations placed on him. Rupp has reached his peak and will not improve. That is OK.
troll bait
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 2/27/2012 2:16AM - in reply to jwiaf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
so jessie was a friend was lying when he said he would stop posting here.
jwiaf
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 2/27/2012 2:20AM - in reply to troll bait Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hahahahahaha. Jesse was no friend of mine.
which is it
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 2/27/2012 6:36AM - in reply to jwiaf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

jwiaf wrote:

Yes, there is no doubt that Lawi Lalang is already better than Galen Rupp. Rupp ran a nice little 2 mile... but Lalang is going to be much better.


so which is it? he's already better or going to be better? Two sentences in and you're not looking so hot.
reeding is phuntastic
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 2/27/2012 12:26PM - in reply to which is it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

which is it wrote:


jwiaf wrote:

Yes, there is no doubt that Lawi Lalang is already better than Galen Rupp. Rupp ran a nice little 2 mile... but Lalang is going to be much better.


so which is it? he's already better or going to be better? Two sentences in and you're not looking so hot.


Nope.

He IS better. He is going to be MUCH better.
The Answer My Friend
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 2/27/2012 12:43PM - in reply to jwiaf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Why would you say that Rupp, who has very recently set new American records, has reached his peak and is not going to improve? I'm not gonna argue the Lalang point with you, but Rupp is improving and should continue to improve. Not by as much as Lalang, but he'll improve.
you know it
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 2/27/2012 3:40PM - in reply to jwiaf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
26:48 > 13:08......closer to 12:50-51

8:09 > 7:44.....closer to 7:34-35

So STFU. One bad race doesn't change anything. With that said, I do believe Lalang is incredibly talented and possibly more talented than Rupp. Time will tell. Not sure what their age differences are but I imagine they are close.
Shoebacca
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 2/27/2012 3:50PM - in reply to jwiaf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
jwiaf promises he'll stop posting on this message board if Lalang doesn't break Rupp's 10k PR before age 27.
beer?
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 2/27/2012 3:57PM - in reply to you know it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

you know it wrote:
With that said, I do believe Lalang is incredibly talented and possibly more talented than Rupp.


Possibly? I think it's safe to say WAY more talented, undoubtedly.
jwiaf
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 2/28/2012 4:04AM - in reply to The Answer My Friend Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

The Answer My Friend wrote:

Why would you say that Rupp, who has very recently set new American records, has reached his peak and is not going to improve? I'm not gonna argue the Lalang point with you, but Rupp is improving and should continue to improve. Not by as much as Lalang, but he'll improve.



Rupp is no longer a young runner. He'll be 26 in May and he's already outlived Prefontaine by about 1.5 years. Rupp is at the point where few elite runners continue to improve. Those are simply facts. At least Rupp has improved to the point where he is one of the top 3 distance runners in the U.S. That is a nice accomplishment, and few reach this level.
Nah, Not Really
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 2/28/2012 4:21AM - in reply to jwiaf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

jwiaf wrote:

Rupp is no longer a young runner. He'll be 26 in May and he's already outlived Prefontaine by about 1.5 years. Rupp is at the point where few elite runners continue to improve. Those are simply facts. At least Rupp has improved to the point where he is one of the top 3 distance runners in the U.S. That is a nice accomplishment, and few reach this level.


Rupp is just now entering the age where white runners start to reach their potential. Pre died real young, Pre pwned Shorter for years despite being younger than Shorter; yet Shorter, despite being less talented than Pre, went on to Olympic medals because he lived to enter peak whitey years.
Think people Just THINK
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 2/28/2012 3:56PM - in reply to Nah, Not Really Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Nah, Not Really wrote:
Pre died real young, Pre pwned Shorter for years despite being younger than Shorter; yet Shorter, despite being less talented than Pre, went on to Olympic medals because he lived to enter peak whitey years.


Remind me again about all those marathons in which Pre "pwned" Shorter, 'cause I'm pretty sure that this is the distance at which Shorter won some Olympic hardware.
SPMBLNPF
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 7/11/2013 12:16AM - in reply to jwiaf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The OP is clairvoyant. Lalang has run faster at 1500m and 5000m than Galen this year, not to mention 10,000m (although that really shouldn't count). IF Lalang makes the Kenyan team, a big IF, he would be likely to defeat Galen at 5000m in Moscow.
Yup yup
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 7/11/2013 12:43AM - in reply to SPMBLNPF Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Good for Lawi. What is the point of this thread? Lawi might be better at 5000. Rupp might be better at 10000. Rupp has never done better than third in an international 5000 - he got third at Pre. No shame in that.

I hope Lawi gets a silver at the Olympics someday. If so, he will be in good company. i mean how many Kenyans have gold in an Olympic 10000 again? One, in 1968 I think. I know Tergat and Chelimo have silvers. Musyoki has a bronze. It's not like Galen best any Kenyan Olympians last year. Of course, Galen is not Tergat but neither are most Kenyans and so far that includes Lawi.


SPMBLNPF wrote:

The OP is clairvoyant. Lalang has run faster at 1500m and 5000m than Galen this year, not to mention 10,000m (although that really shouldn't count). IF Lalang makes the Kenyan team, a big IF, he would be likely to defeat Galen at 5000m in Moscow.
Marty Robbins
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 7/11/2013 1:00AM - in reply to Yup yup Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Shorter reached his peak and won his gold three years before Pre died.
Thundercats_GO
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 7/11/2013 1:11AM - in reply to SPMBLNPF Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

SPMBLNPF wrote:

The OP is clairvoyant. Lalang has run faster at 1500m and 5000m than Galen this year, not to mention 10,000m (although that really shouldn't count). IF Lalang makes the Kenyan team, a big IF, he would be likely to defeat Galen at 5000m in Moscow.


Hey idiot, everyone knows it was YOU who started this thread.
Yup yup
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 7/11/2013 1:12AM - in reply to Marty Robbins Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
No argument there.
Creepy cracker
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 7/11/2013 1:25AM - in reply to SPMBLNPF Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
SPMBLNPF = tool!! He has no reason to live except to be an a-h@le on threads about Rupp because he will NEVER be anything close to an equal. Dude!! Were you a school mate in the 2nd grade and used to beat Rupp on the fitness runs but later had your a$$ handed to you when it counted? Stop being a Pen!s. Your posts are getting old!
good kush & alcohol
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 7/11/2013 1:53AM - in reply to Creepy cracker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
galen, at Lawi's age, most def did not run 3:33, not 13:0x

then again who the hell can tell how old these damn kenyans are
ryan foreman
RE: Lawi Lalang Is Better Than Galen Rupp 7/11/2013 4:34AM - in reply to troll bait Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
At least Jessie had good grammar as I recall.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |