Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
s.mouse
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/28/2012 9:27AM - in reply to cards32 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
awesome link with coghlan- thanks! the trailer for "catching an antelope" looks pretty darn good as well. seeing peter rono in those clips reminds me of the shock i felt in seoul seeing him hold off everyone- cram, et al. you just had to feel genuine happiness for the little fellow. i think he was almost as shocked as everyone else. the other clip that stands out in my mind from the vid is seeing the kenyan having to dodge a goat during a repeat on a dirt track. it just seems to be running fast in all its pure form, and that makes me smile inside. i'm really looking forward to seeing that one in its entirety.
HenrikB
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/28/2012 9:43AM - in reply to downloaded Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
lucky you!
maybe upload to Dropbox and sharing info? (THANKS!)
if not maybe one day will be open again...

downloaded wrote:

I downloaded the full video it when it first came out. It's close to 1GB.
Password or Upload
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/28/2012 10:34AM - in reply to HenrikB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Can we get a password or a Download?

Still all the links posted so far are asking for a password. Help would be fantastic
hot-like-fiya
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/28/2012 12:44PM - in reply to Password or Upload Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
More clips found here (not the whole movie) fascinating:

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Man-on-a-Mission/2857985
Impossible Is Nothin
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/28/2012 1:02PM - in reply to hot-like-fiya Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Man all these clips are making me want to watch this so badly. Disappointing that it can't be found anywhere. As others have said, if there's anyway to get the files online that would be wonderful.
Captain Jack
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/28/2012 1:16PM - in reply to Impossible Is Nothin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
We must improve our piracy efforts!
TDF
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/28/2012 2:39PM - in reply to Impossible Is Nothin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The account the movie was listed under was this guy: http://vimeo.com/user9672955 You could write and ask if he will put it up again. It certainly is a wonderful documentary.
gramthlete
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/29/2012 4:11AM - in reply to TDF Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Would anyone who watched the documentary care to share what they liked about it? From what I've seen from the upcoming "Iten" film, kenyan athletes have zero insight into the sport in which they are indisputably the best. None of them seem to think about training techniques at all, they just boast about driving on when they're tired and going all out. It seems they simply follow the directives of their coaches and training groups and reap the benefits of genetics and altitude. It's a far cry from Salazar-type athletes who hungrily pursue and actively seek novel training methods, diet, psychological reinforcement, etc.

I must be wrong about this: the 20 best marathon times of 2011 can't all be just doing what they're told. Did the documentary reveal anything?
Dropbox
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/29/2012 4:52AM - in reply to gramthlete Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I am on the case - will try and get this uploaded today.
Dropboxfriend
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/29/2012 11:14AM - in reply to Dropbox Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thanks! I've also emailed them. I'll keep everyone posted..
jcclalre
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/29/2012 12:25PM - in reply to Dropboxfriend Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Here's 6:13 worth of the video.. again password needed to watch all of it: http://villanovarunning.blogspot.com/2012/03/man-on-mission-brother-colm-oconnell.html
no hulu here
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/29/2012 12:28PM - in reply to Dropboxfriend Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Does this Colm guy really have the influence suggested by the one clip I've seen?

And if so, does the movie explore the irony (not exactly the right word) of all of this black Kenyan success coming thanks to the efforts of a white Irish priest? It's right out of the movies - poor dark natives need a white guy to save themselves from poverty or whatever.

(I am a poor dark native myself.)
android
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/29/2012 1:17PM - in reply to no hulu here Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I have the entire file but I'm concerned about copyright infringement. Any suggestions?
BlackGold
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/29/2012 1:18PM - in reply to no hulu here Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Not really. I am a runner myself, I never once thought of brother Colm as my hero. Kipchoge Keino is one of the most influential people in Kenya world of running. Every kid I know growing up wanted to be like Kip. Brother Colm helped but not engineered the Kenyan success. Kenyans took the sport of running on because they wanted to be like kip, tergat, hussein, boit, kipketer and others. I took on the sport because one of my classmates and friend in high school qualified and represented Kenya in world junior athletic championships in Bulgaria, these guy was an hero to me and all the kids I know.
Tila Tequila
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/29/2012 2:47PM - in reply to android Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I too have the full film. But nowhere to host it.

How do I put it online?
phyyit
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/29/2012 3:05PM - in reply to BlackGold Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wow, this is really fantastic, what a tease! I would love to see the rest of this, can anyone out there provide any information about how to get this on DVD or just download it? This seems too good to miss. When can we see chasing the antelope too? that one also seems very interesting.
BlackGold
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/29/2012 4:33PM - in reply to Tila Tequila Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Password or Upload
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/29/2012 4:38PM - in reply to BlackGold Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thanks to BlackGold for posting but is there one with English subtitles as well for the parts where they are not speaking in English?
BlackGold
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/29/2012 5:03PM - in reply to Password or Upload Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I don't think we have one yet. I am hoping somebody is going to insert some subtitles in it.
try
RE: Fantastic documentary on Kenyan runners 3/29/2012 5:10PM - in reply to BlackGold Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
google translate
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |