Bergie
CT Running Specialty Stores 2/10/2012 5:31PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Anyone know where to find the best shoes selection in CT? I have a few running specialty shops near me which I would like to support, but none of them seem to carry any models that I want to try, they all only carry the same 2 types of shoe for lightweight trainer/road racer. I'm looking to try the Mizuno Musha or the Brooks ST Racer, but no one seems to have them. Any ideas?
Derpo
RE: CT Running Specialty Stores 2/10/2012 6:13PM - in reply to Bergie Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Kilometers on Route 7 in Ridgefield?
CT coach
RE: CT Running Specialty Stores 2/10/2012 7:46PM - in reply to Derpo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Kilometers is ok, but try Woodbridge Running Company in Brookfield or Woodbridge. Also, don't forget Runners Roose in Darien.
Bergie
RE: CT Running Specialty Stores 2/10/2012 11:53PM - in reply to CT coach Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yeah, I'm up towards Hartford, so those, especially Darien and Ridgefield, would be a real haul. I'm surprised there isn't anything as good as Marathon Sports around here. Might just drive up to MA and hit up PR Running or something.
P.Whelan
RE: CT Running Specialty Stores 2/11/2012 12:02AM - in reply to Bergie Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Kelly's Pace in Mystic is like 45-60 minutes out of hartford, but is my favorite running shoe store.
Eccentric Former Runner
RE: CT Running Specialty Stores 2/11/2012 4:55AM - in reply to P.Whelan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Is the Run In in Rocky Hill still open? Would they have it? Try Fast Feet in West Springfield too
How badly do you need them? Quit yer whining, get in the car, and get driving- Westchester RR in White Plains has everything
Ray
RE: CT Running Specialty Stores 2/11/2012 7:53AM - in reply to Eccentric Former Runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Woodbridge has the best selection in the state and can order you anything you want to try. They also have a store in Northampton and Brookfield. They are as good as marathon and a lot closer.
CT coach
RE: CT Running Specialty Stores 2/11/2012 8:42AM - in reply to Ray Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Don't forget about Fleet Feet Sports in Farmington. They sponsor mysportsresults.com and put on many high school spike nights. I've never been there, but it is only a few minutes from Hartford.
Bergie
RE: CT Running Specialty Stores 2/12/2012 2:38PM - in reply to CT coach Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thanks for the input. I wasn't aware of some of these places. I ended up checking out Sound Runner in Branford and was happy with what I got, though they still didn't have some of the particular models I was interested in. I can't blame smaller stores for not carrying everything to control inventory.
the ct duuuuuude
RE: CT Running Specialty Stores 2/12/2012 2:48PM - in reply to Bergie Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The run In is still open on the Silas Deane Highway. Don't expect a good retail store. It's small and crowded but then can order anything and usually have decent selection. I work in the building next door and I almost never buy shoes there though. if you need anything other than shoes forget the run in.

Ask for a discount too.

Fleet Feet is in West Hartford Center on Farmington Ave. They have a decent selection of shoes and gear plus info about races.