Pages: | 1 | 2 |
tdk
Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/16/2011 11:31AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hey guys, I've been having a problem being able to sleep through the night. For almost 3 weeks now, I've been waking up after about 4 hours of sleep, and I always need to urinate and I'm also cold. It's really annoying, and I was wondering if anybody out here has any suggestions on what I should do to stop it. I don't know why it only started a couple weeks ago, but its happened every single night since. Has anyone ever experienced something similar? How did you fix it? The only difference I think that I've made that happened at the same time as this problem is that I've started to shower twice a day instead of just once, but I don't think that could be the cause.
Anyways, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
H.C.
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/16/2011 11:33AM - in reply to tdk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Your man juice may just need a release. Swollen prostate can cause such issues.
redux
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/16/2011 11:46AM - in reply to tdk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Stop drinking so much water before bedtime.
suggestion
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/16/2011 11:51AM - in reply to tdk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
have your blood calcium levels checked
Al Gardiner
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/16/2011 12:00PM - in reply to tdk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Pee before you go to bed.

Oh, and turn up the heat.
CuriousJorge
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/16/2011 12:18PM - in reply to suggestion Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

suggestion wrote:

have your blood calcium levels checked

Just curious...as I have this same problem and actually have high blood calcium levels...why would high blood calcium levels lead to frequent night urination?

Thanks
just let loose
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/16/2011 12:23PM - in reply to tdk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I've trained myself to go without waking up. I'd rather change my sheets at my own convenience than get up and go when I'd prefer to be sleeping.
E Boyle
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/16/2011 1:55PM - in reply to Al Gardiner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Al Gardiner wrote:

Pee before you go to bed.

Oh, and turn up the heat.

Don't go to sleep
haha YO
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/16/2011 1:57PM - in reply to tdk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If you are hydrating well you should have to get up to go piss AT LEAST once during the night. Not pissing at night is not a good sign.
Pizzaguy
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/16/2011 2:01PM - in reply to haha YO Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Start wetting the bed.

1.No more getting up to go pee
2.The fluid coming out at body temperature should be enough to warm you
ALH359
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/16/2011 2:06PM - in reply to Pizzaguy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Pizzaguy wrote:

Start wetting the bed.

1.No more getting up to go pee
2.The fluid coming out at body temperature should be enough to warm you

P.O.D.
Ralphy
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/16/2011 3:57PM - in reply to tdk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Serious response, as I went through the same thing for an entire summer and fall.

For me, this was a sign of overtraining and undereating. I experienced the same symptoms as you. At first, it began with waking up in the middle of the night after about four hours of sleep and having to pee. No big deal, I could easily get back to sleep. This progressed to the point where I was waking up after only 2hrs of sleep having to urinate, going back to sleep, and repeating the process about 3 times over one night's sleep. And this was on a daily basis. I stopped drinking (water) within 4-5hrs of bed and got blood work done (everything normal).

During this time (following Spring college track season and into fall college xc season), I was pretty severly overtrained and undereating. My mileage was 80-90mpw for 2.5months during which time I was consuming about 1700-2000cals/day...way to little for a serious NCAA athlete. I dropped 7lbs over the period of 3months.

Now that I have gotten back to eating the necessary amount of food to provide my body with the energy it needs and regained a more natural and healthy weight, the problem has gone away. I no longer have these problems with sleep and on the occasions that I do, I find that it is after hard workouts or long run days where I might go to bed hungry.

Just my .02. This sort of thing really sucks and not only effects physical performance but also academic. I hope you can resolve the problem.
Yikes!
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/16/2011 4:49PM - in reply to tdk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I've had this problem since my teenage years. Back then I would go once a night. Now I'm in my 50's and go 2-3 times a night average. It's an inconvenience but it's been happening my whole life so I dont think it's anything serious. Something I just have to live with.
crazy person
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/16/2011 5:18PM - in reply to Yikes! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Yikes! wrote:

I've had this problem since my teenage years. Back then I would go once a night. Now I'm in my 50's and go 2-3 times a night average. It's an inconvenience but it's been happening my whole life so I dont think it's anything serious. Something I just have to live with.

I only have to pee at night if: 1) The indoor temperature is cold; or 2) I am sleeping at high elevation. And it's usually a couple hours before I wake up. If I sleep in a place with a temperature of 60 or above, I usually don't have to pee at night. Been this way since I was 19. It's just something my body does. I don't think I'd worry about it too much.
allin
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/18/2011 12:22PM - in reply to crazy person Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Do protein shakes make you pee at night?
jerkstore
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/18/2011 1:52PM - in reply to tdk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i rarely have a night that i dont get up to pee. I think i just have a small bladder
Azaleas
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/18/2011 1:54PM - in reply to haha YO Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

haha YO wrote:

If you are hydrating well you should have to get up to go piss AT LEAST once during the night. Not pissing at night is not a good sign.
]
This is not true. Normal sleep is uninterrupted. If you have to get up in the middle of the night something is abnormal. There's a lot of garbage out there about hydration, but you really don't need to be drinking water all day long unless you're thirsty.
allin
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/18/2011 1:58PM - in reply to Azaleas Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What about a high protein diet? I wake up 2-3 times to pee and I'm wondering if the high protein is doing it?
hydrate earlier
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/18/2011 2:01PM - in reply to tdk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Concentrate on getting hydrated earlier in the evening so you don't have to drink a ton later in the evening. I used to always drink a bunch right before bed to rehydrate and I'd end up getting up to pee a few times. Now, I really drink a lot between 6 and 8pm and then slow down for the rest of the evening. I rarely have to get up to pee now.

Just hydrate really well earlier in the evening so you don't have to pound water right before bed.
game break
RE: Waking up in middle of the night/have to pee 12/18/2011 2:10PM - in reply to hydrate earlier Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Like the person above said it could be a swollen prostate. Google it & then massage the prostate. It works wonders to decrease the need to urinate.

High protein diet can cause you to urinate more. Lots of protein is hard on the kidney & you pee out the excess protein.

I don't feel right in the morning if I don't hydrate at night. I get up at 1 & 5 am to urinate every night. Old gatorade bottle at the bedside works wonders when you're sleeping alone.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |