Dave G
Is it better to drink Mountain Dew of Gatorade? 11/27/2011 2:02PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Like with a snack or meal? Gatorade has more calories in a bottle than a can of Mountain Dew, but I feel like Mountain Dew would be worse for you with all the caffine and what not.
Ummm
RE: Is it better to drink Mountain Dew of Gatorade? 11/27/2011 3:15PM - in reply to Dave G Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Calories are not a bad thing.
why so?
RE: Is it better to drink Mountain Dew of Gatorade? 11/27/2011 3:17PM - in reply to Dave G Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Dave G wrote:

Like with a snack or meal? Gatorade has more calories in a bottle than a can of Mountain Dew, but I feel like Mountain Dew would be worse for you with all the caffine and what not.

Caffeine is bad for you?
Dave G
RE: Is it better to drink Mountain Dew of Gatorade? 11/27/2011 3:26PM - in reply to Dave G Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ok, so caffine is not bad for you and calories are indeed good, but which is better for your body to drink? I feel like the same person posted both of those responses.
It's got electrolytes
RE: Is it better to drink Mountain Dew of Gatorade? 11/27/2011 3:29PM - in reply to Dave G Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Brawndo!
i'd go with...
RE: Is it better to drink Mountain Dew of Gatorade? 11/27/2011 3:33PM - in reply to Dave G Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Dave G,

I'd go with Gatorade. In all reality is any of the two better or worse for you? Maybe not. I always go with something I know is similar in sugar content, but is easy on the stomach and something I could drink while running. I could not drink MD while running but Gatorade I could.

As an aside, there is some evidence that quick fast sugar drinks like these, even Gatorade, aren't really "good" for the body. But if you need quick sugar I don't see a big problem. Is drinking MD once in awhile going to hurt you though? No way.
P.Whelan
RE: Is it better to drink Mountain Dew of Gatorade? 11/27/2011 3:53PM - in reply to i'd go with... Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

i'd go with... wrote:

I always go with something I know is similar in sugar content, but is easy on the stomach and something I could drink while running. I could not drink MD while running but Gatorade I could.

It sounds like you are implying that because gatorade is not carbonated it is healthier.
laughingostrich
RE: Is it better to drink Mountain Dew of Gatorade? 11/27/2011 3:55PM - in reply to P.Whelan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Drink some water. You're gonna end up with diabeetus.
KiwisTasteGood
RE: Is it better to drink Mountain Dew of Gatorade? 11/27/2011 4:07PM - in reply to P.Whelan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Gatorade will give you cavities. So will Mountain Dew though. Go with the Mountain Dew if you're a redneck. According to the rednecks I know, it's the "best drink alive."
Maximus
RE: Is it better to drink Mountain Dew of Gatorade? 11/27/2011 4:11PM - in reply to laughingostrich Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

laughingostrich wrote:

Drink some water. You're gonna end up with diabeetus.

Myth: Eating too much sugar causes diabetes.

Fact: No, it does not. Type 1 diabetes is caused by genetics and unknown factors that trigger the onset of the disease; type 2 diabetes is caused by genetics and lifestyle factors. Being overweight does increase your risk for developing type 2 diabetes, and a diet high in calories, whether from sugar or from fat, can contribute to weight gain. If you have a history of diabetes in your family, eating a healthy meal plan and regular exercise are recommended to manage your weight.

http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/diabetes-myths/
i'd go with...
RE: Is it better to drink Mountain Dew of Gatorade? 11/27/2011 4:58PM - in reply to P.Whelan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

P.Whelan wrote:

i'd go with... wrote:

I always go with something I know is similar in sugar content, but is easy on the stomach and something I could drink while running. I could not drink MD while running but Gatorade I could.

It sounds like you are implying that because gatorade is not carbonated it is healthier.

I am? I think YOU drew those conclusions. Nowhere did I say or imply anything about health in that sentence.