Pages: | 1 | 2 |
Random Shmo
RE: I lost the spark between me and running 10/12/2011 6:08PM - in reply to Fresh Air Guy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I lost that spark at some point in my college career as well. I like the earlier post about this being your last opportunity to run for a team. That is true, team running can be very fun and exciting. But if the love just isn't there, don't waste your time. Maybe you should stick it out for the rest of the season, or the rest of the school year. But don't force it man. There are PLENTY of other things in life. Life is too short to remain a narrow-minded distance runner if you don't enjoy it...
Sorry 2 be blunt
RE: I lost the spark between me and running 10/14/2011 9:37PM - in reply to LostLove Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

LostLove wrote:

I ran all throughout high school and am currently on a D3 team, but I just don't have the love, or the spark, for the sport anymore.... How did I get it back?

If you love something set it free, if it comes back then it was meant to be, otherwise stop your complaining AND start running or find another sport/passion.
Another Option
RE: I lost the spark between me and running 10/30/2011 1:06PM - in reply to LostLove Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I agree with many that are saying take some time and get away from the sport for awhile, but don't be surprised if you never get back the drive you once had.

When you start running there are lots of PRs/wins and then you get jacked in search of additional PRs and victories. Eventually you get a pretty good idea of how good you can be with as much effort as you're willing to put into it. That's often the beginning of the end unless there are financial incentives to keep you engaged.

It's ok to move on to other challenges. If you're like most you have been shaped by your experiences and they will always be a part of who you are. If they were great experiences, you might end up as a coach in an attempt to get others to experience the same. If they weren't such great experiences, put it behind you and move on to other things. Enjoy your life.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |