Pages: | 1 | 2 |
Victor Winner
Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/5/2011 11:14AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
How come that Renato Canova comes and brags AFTER athletes "he coaches" do something outstanding, but he never says beforehand what the outcome of a race is likely to be? e.g. how will Mosop fare in Chicago? wisom after the fact is straightforward...
Victor
marathon guru
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/5/2011 11:26AM - in reply to Victor Winner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Are you kidding me!! Renato canova is one of the best coaches ever. He has coached numerous elite athletes including Moses mosop. His peruodization training system is based on pure science and physiology. Times don't lie
DocB
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/5/2011 11:36AM - in reply to Victor Winner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Victor Winner wrote:

How come that Renato Canova comes and brags AFTER athletes "he coaches" do something outstanding, but he never says beforehand what the outcome of a race is likely to be? e.g. how will Mosop fare in Chicago? wisom after the fact is straightforward...
Victor

So are you complaining that he doesn't count his chickens before they hatch?
Renato Canova
Coach
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/5/2011 1:03PM - in reply to Victor Winner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Its ok, my friend. People they like to ask me question about this athlete or that athlete, I tell them the truth. Sometimes these questions come to me after one of my athletes do good. To me, its nothing much. I answer the question and thats all. If you ask me question before race, I gonna tell you my opinion.
Viktor, I don't know exact result for Mosop. But I can tell you, my friend, that I expect result to be faster time than 2:06. Maybe weather is something that will help or hurt runners on Sunday. I learn one thing when I was young boy. It is the future that is known, my friend, and it is the past keeps changing.
trollism
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/5/2011 1:08PM - in reply to Renato Canova Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I would say keeping quiet before the event is helpful in case another guy wins.

He'll just claim to be his coach instead.
Larry T
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/5/2011 1:50PM - in reply to Victor Winner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thank you Mr. Canova. We really appreciate your posts on here. Ignore the idiots that post negative stuff about you. We all thank you for the support you give us.
Westeuropean Hope
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/5/2011 3:48PM - in reply to Larry T Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Can someone explain Canova┤s answer to me?

"It is the future that is known, my friend, and it is the past keeps changing."
Jesse is a friend
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/5/2011 4:00PM - in reply to Westeuropean Hope Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Westeuropean Hope wrote:

Can someone explain Canova┤s answer to me?

"It is the future that is known, my friend, and it is the past keeps changing."

This quote relates to the tendency of those in power (and others) to rewrite history to make themselves look better or suit themselves. Look at the Boston marathon this year. You have people who will swear there was very minimal advantage from the wind. Many of those are trying to make their performances look good. The past is constantly being revised, so it is in perpetual fluctuation. The future is "known" in comparison because it cannot be proven erroneous in advance and then it is revised once it becomes the past...
Jimmy 6
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/5/2011 10:25PM - in reply to Jesse is a friend Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The utter genius of a Renato Canova post captivates me to no end. The pure wisdom is crystal clear as we weed through the broken English. The brilliance of his last quote about the future being known, and the past being changed, is the stuff you can't teach. I sit hear dunbfounded as I read Canova's posts. Pure genius!
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/7/2011 5:37PM - in reply to Jesse is a friend Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I don't get it. The past is revised, okay. And the future is known when you say something about it??
haha YO
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/7/2011 5:45PM - in reply to 52.43 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's amazing how big of douches so many people on here are to one of the most knowledgeable and connected posters. I am amazed Renato keeps coming back, thanks for doing so Renato!
what in the world
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/8/2011 8:41PM - in reply to haha YO Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
show the man respect , he is a coach of world class athletes, appreciate he takes time to post on here
Freddie Gibbs Energy
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/8/2011 9:32PM - in reply to 52.43 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Everyone knows what's going to happen and they change what has already happened to fit their own purposes
smarterguy
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/9/2011 7:50AM - in reply to Freddie Gibbs Energy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
But every one doesn't know what is going to happen. Quick...who's going to win Chicago? Will they set a world record?
BradW
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/9/2011 5:17PM - in reply to Victor Winner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the front page of LR have this at the top of the page yesterday?

"If you can run 2:02, if you are at 80-85 percent of shape off of basic training it indicates you can run in 2:05."

- Renato Canova, coach of Bank of America Chicago Marathon favorite Moses Mosop, at Friday's press conference. Mosop has been dealing with an Achilles injury. Can an 80-85% Mosop beat Ryan Hall?

Are you calling him out for being 37 seconds off?
What a joke
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/9/2011 5:21PM - in reply to BradW Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The 80-85 percent is a made-up number.
daniel komen
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/9/2011 6:38PM - in reply to What a joke Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The percentage of shape given is based on the outcome of the workouts he did prior to today's race compared to those he did prior to Boston marathon in April. For example, prior to Boston, Mosop is said to have done 40k at 2:07 whereas he did the same workout before today's race at 2:14. In my opinion I think this is how one is supposed to gauge where you are and therefore both Mosop and Renato are right. Just because he won doesn't change the fact he was at 80-85% of his best. For someone else a 2:05 is 100% or even 110%.
Rocket Scientist Plus Plus
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/10/2011 12:46PM - in reply to Jimmy 6 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Jimmy 6 wrote:

The utter genius of a Renato Canova post captivates me to no end. The pure wisdom is crystal clear as we weed through the broken English. The brilliance of his last quote about the future being known, and the past being changed, is the stuff you can't teach. I sit hear dunbfounded as I read Canova's posts. Pure genius!

^ Respect.
Ricky Henderson
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/10/2011 12:51PM - in reply to daniel komen Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

daniel komen wrote:
Just because he won doesn't change the fact he was at 80-85% of his best. For someone else a 2:05 is 100% or even 110%.

Me, I always gave 110%. Heck, if you don't give at least that much you're just a slacker.

Like I always say, the game is 50% physical and 50% mental. The other 50% is all emotional - you gotta have your heart in it.
Fast_Runner
RE: Renato Canova or wisdom after the fact 10/10/2011 1:15PM - in reply to Ricky Henderson Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Let's assume he was 85% (upper range of what Renato gave). So he ran a 2:05 something. Let's just calculate with 2:06 because that's easier and even more conservative.

2:06 = 126min = 85%

126 / 100 * 85 = 107.1

Again, being conservative, we take 108. 108 min = 1h48m

SO, he may have to train a bit harder to get to 1h48m but he can do it.

No one will talk about 2h marathon anymore, Mosop will shatter this barrier.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |