Pages: | 1 | 2 |
rojo
co-founder
Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 7:07AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
To Mrs. Jenny Barringer Simpson,

On behalf of anyone who has ever doubted your decision to leave Wetmore for Henner or to focus on the 1500, we formally apologize. It's now clear your lack of performances have been from injury and nothing else. We started to wonder if that was the case when we read this by John Meyer: http://www.denverpost.com/running/ci_18673498

Yes, people can make excuses for Jamal and it was unfortunate that Uceny fell or the US might have gone 1-2 but a world championship gold is a world championship gold.

Congrats.

Sincerely,

- All Doubters
PS. But imagine what you could run for the steeple. ;)

PPS. Please work on your celebration. You seemed to be more stunned than the tv announcers or world-wide viewers.
Watch the tape, dude
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 7:10AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That's exactly the same look she had at the Pre. Exactly.
ptmeltdown
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 7:22AM - in reply to Watch the tape, dude Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I won?
I won.
I won!!!
gracious the pompusness
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 7:29AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rojo wrote:

To Mrs. Jenny Barringer Simpson,

On behalf of anyone who has ever doubted your decision to leave Wetmore for Henner or to focus on the 1500, we formally apologize. It's now clear your lack of performances have been from injury and nothing else. We started to wonder if that was the case when we read this by John Meyer: http://www.denverpost.com/running/ci_18673498

Yes, people can make excuses for Jamal and it was unfortunate that Uceny fell or the US might have gone 1-2 but a world championship gold is a world championship gold.

Congrats.

Sincerely,

- All Doubters
PS. But imagine what you could run for the steeple. ;)

PPS. Please work on your celebration. You seemed to be more stunned than the tv announcers or world-wide viewers.

Shut up
rojo
co-founder
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 7:47AM - in reply to Watch the tape, dude Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Watch the tape, dude wrote:

That's exactly the same look she had at the Pre. Exactly.

It's funny as you'd think celebrating would be natural but there was a pre-race article on Uceny and she talked about how when she was winning that first golden league meet this year, the thought that went through her mind was something along the lines of "Oh that's the finishing tape. What do i do now?"

A great problem to have.
Young Throws Coach
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 7:50AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I will admit that I questioned the move from steeple...but holy crap! I remember watching her in the steeple in Berlin and being amazed at the result there...but yea, Sorry for doubting. What a great race, between her and Centro, the US ran some great tactical 1500m victories tonight!
bangalangadanga
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 8:08AM - in reply to Young Throws Coach Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
she didn't exactly make a decision to leave wetmore. he kinda just told her that he didn't have time for her. i don't think he wanted a repeat of kara goucher.
Spite
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 8:16AM - in reply to bangalangadanga Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Well, you have the details all wrong, but you are correct in the fact that he gave her the boot, not the other way around.
msuxc1
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 9:01AM - in reply to Young Throws Coach Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wow! I still can't believe it. Very exciting and congratulations to Jenny! She had a clear run to the tape coming off the curve and just looked like the most fit runner in the field with good speed. Awesome! It looked similar to her semi-final where she just went around everybody because she was the better runner.

Definitely disappointed for Uceny, but excited to see what the young Centro can do in the final. He looks very good, but may have benefitted from being in the right place at the right time in the right heats so far. Maybe that just means he hasn't expended too much energy and will still have legs for the final! Go USA!
ukathleticscoach
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 9:25AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
RunRunner
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 11:06AM - in reply to ukathleticscoach Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I fully admit i didn't think it would happen. That is amazing. I litterally had to stop and remember if it was April fools day or something. Go Jenny! F YES!!
Feeling Ashamed
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 11:16AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I apologize for everything I ever said about fainting goats. Seriously. It was childish and wrong. After today, she can never do anything wrong in my eyes. Jenny S is a class act and it's great that she's dealing with her nerves, handling the pressure, and kicking butt.
come on ya'll
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 12:53PM - in reply to Feeling Ashamed Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This is a wonderful result, no need to bring up the fake fainting episode.
wepmad
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 12:56PM - in reply to come on ya'll Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Congratulations!
whoooo buff 4 life
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 3:25PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The colorado connection

Both jenny simpson and mary slaney - the last 1500m gold medal at WC both went to CU.
can-can
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 3:36PM - in reply to wepmad Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
She showed with the 3.59.9 that she could run a world-class 1500m, and she also showed in that race that she could kick with the best. That's all that really happened today (with Jamal fading and Uceny having fallen), and that was presaged in the semi-final with her sprint finish there. The only way she would have lost (in the last 150m) is if she had been dropped already (not happening at that pace).
She could still be a great Steepler, although that Russian ran relatively better, frankly, than did those in the 1500m. But would you trade a world champs medal in the 1500m for the relative anonymity of the steeple? I know I wouldn't. She and Henner believed that she could be competitive in the 1500m (doubters thought otherwise), good for them for sticking with their belief.
Good to have a few (obviously Uceny as well) women in contention for world titles in the event - Pierce, CWT and Rowbury too - as the event is rather stagnant at the moment (No one even under 4.00 this year), so it is open to any number of women at the 4.00 level. Hannah England is coming along as well, but some other "not-so-healthy at this moment" women should be in the mix for next year, so nothing can be taken for granted.
chicken bulgogi
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 3:42PM - in reply to can-can Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
1.) wetmore is a turd
2.) for an ivy leaguer, rojo's sentence structure is DEPLORABLE
3.) congrats to jenny
Capitalization Nazi
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 3:49PM - in reply to chicken bulgogi Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
For someone who criticizes sentence structure, your punctuation and capitalization are deplorable.

P.S.

GO JENNY!
Stating the obvious
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 3:57PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I don't understand all this doubter stuff, like we are all sitting around and wishing her bad?
When she railed against her doubters earlier, I was like wha? Got a chip on your shoulder? Whatever works for you.

I'm surprised she won, didn't expect it. Crazy race, but we should expect that now.

I'm happy she won.
Do I owe her an apology?
coach
RE: Simpson 1 - Doubters 0 - Game Over, An Official Apology From Any And All Doubters 9/1/2011 4:11PM - in reply to Stating the obvious Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I would still love to see her run the steeplechase. Maybe she can set the world record in the event or cement herself as the US' most versatile distance runner.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |