Kinda worried
Sharp pain in right side of right leg 8/22/2011 3:44PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hi everyone, just a quick question. There has been a pain on the right side of my right leg for the last 3 weeks, but more so in the past 2 days. The pain starts right above my ankle, and runs up the side of my leg until about 3 inches below my knee. It hurts when I point my foot forward or tilt my foot to the side. It also hurts when I apply pressure with my hand. There is no pain when I am running however. I have been doing the most mileage I've ever done this past summer, with the last 3-4 weeks around 90. Does anyone know what this is? What can I do to prevent injury? I am afraid it will get worse.
Kinda worried
RE: Sharp pain in right side of right leg 8/22/2011 7:48PM - in reply to Kinda worried Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
bump
Typical Letsrun poster
RE: Sharp pain in right side of right leg 8/22/2011 7:53PM - in reply to Kinda worried Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I don't know what motion you are describing when you say "tilt my foot to the side."

I don't generally worry about things that do not hurt when I run.
Kinda worried
RE: Sharp pain in right side of right leg 8/22/2011 9:13PM - in reply to Typical Letsrun poster Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Haha yea I know what you mean. When I say tilt I basically mean when I move my foot/ankle around I'll feel a pull along that side of my leg
Guppy
RE: Sharp pain in right side of right leg 8/22/2011 9:49PM - in reply to Kinda worried Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sounds like it's soft tissue, which is probably a plus. Have you been stretching and icing it? Try that. Have you been running in arch supports? Sometimes an overly aggressive arch support and tilt your foot so that the outside of your leg is strained with every step... Sorry, that's about as much help as I can be. Go see a trainer or a PT.
worried runner
RE: Sharp pain in right side of right leg 5/4/2012 2:19PM - in reply to Kinda worried Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I have the same exact thing happening to me sms i really am getting worried , and i was wondering of you have figured out what was the problem. Ty very mucho
worried runner
RE: Sharp pain in right side of right leg 5/4/2012 2:21PM - in reply to Kinda worried Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I have the same exact thing happening to me sms i really am getting worried , and i was wondering of you have figured out what was the problem. Ty very mucho
voiceofreason
RE: Sharp pain in right side of right leg 5/4/2012 3:41PM - in reply to Kinda worried Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Kinda worried wrote:

Hi everyone, just a quick question. There has been a pain on the right side of my right leg for the last 3 weeks, but more so in the past 2 days. The pain starts right above my ankle, and runs up the side of my leg until about 3 inches below my knee. It hurts when I point my foot forward or tilt my foot to the side. It also hurts when I apply pressure with my hand. There is no pain when I am running however. I have been doing the most mileage I've ever done this past summer, with the last 3-4 weeks around 90. Does anyone know what this is? What can I do to prevent injury? I am afraid it will get worse.

Peroneal muscle problem/maybe with some tendonitis. Heat, foam roller, stretch, ART, Graston.