Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
ddgdfgdgdfdfdgfdgfdgfdgf
Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 6:49PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I know that inflicting serious pain on a kid is wrong, but I want to make sure that I DO spank them properly. I want to make sure that I don't raise a bunch of self-entitled brats. So what's the best way to spank? I also hear that using something like a wooden spoon inflicts MORE pain, but does less tissue damage than your hand, so maybe that will be the best bet.
awhaaaa??
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 7:05PM - in reply to ddgdfgdgdfdfdgfdgfdgfdgf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If you're afraid to risk injury by going bare-handed, you can get a pair of light and thin gloves that will allow you to reap all the same benefits as spanking bare-handed. I think you will find that your spanking form improves and disciplining your child will come a lot more naturally (this is how our bodies evolved to spank in the first place).

I also heard that Nike will be unveiling their FreeSpank glove in time for the fall teething season. The FreeSpank will have cushioning to withstand frequent spankings, but will be flexible enough to force your hand and arm muscles to adapt and get stronger. You will be living vicariously through your kid in no time as he/she makes up for all your own personal shortcomings.
ddgdfgdgdfdfdgfdgfdgfdgf
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 7:11PM - in reply to awhaaaa?? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

awhaaaa?? wrote:

If you're afraid to risk injury by going bare-handed, you can get a pair of light and thin gloves that will allow you to reap all the same benefits as spanking bare-handed. I think you will find that your spanking form improves and disciplining your child will come a lot more naturally (this is how our bodies evolved to spank in the first place).

I also heard that Nike will be unveiling their FreeSpank glove in time for the fall teething season. The FreeSpank will have cushioning to withstand frequent spankings, but will be flexible enough to force your hand and arm muscles to adapt and get stronger. You will be living vicariously through your kid in no time as he/she makes up for all your own personal shortcomings.

Well, in all seriousness, I don't want to risk giving my child some sort of labral tear from smacking/punching the bum/hip area. I think using a hard spoon would be much better at really stinging the tissue.
care antenna
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 7:22PM - in reply to ddgdfgdgdfdfdgfdgfdgfdgf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
My parents used an old metal car antenna. That got the job done.
Guardian Ad Litem
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 7:29PM - in reply to ddgdfgdgdfdfdgfdgfdgfdgf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Most states define 'hitting with an object' (wooden spoon) as child abuse, so if you're looking to continue living in the same home as your children, and avoid criminal charges, I'd suggest looking for a more sophisticated, intelligent method of child rearing asap.

I'm hoping you're a troll, but in case you're not, and for the benefit of any other derelict parents that think striking a person smaller, weaker, and less cognitively developed than yourself is O.K., I thought I'd speak up.

Spanking has been considered an ineffective and inhumane form of "parenting" for decades.
awhaaaa??
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 7:30PM - in reply to ddgdfgdgdfdfdgfdgfdgfdgf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

ddgdfgdgdfdfdgfdgfdgfdgf wrote:

Well, in all seriousness, I don't want to risk giving my child some sort of labral tear from smacking/punching the bum/hip area. I think using a hard spoon would be much better at really stinging the tissue.

Damn dude, how hard do you plan on hitting them? I feel like the psychological effect of the spank does more than the pain ever will. Or at least that's sort of how I remember it. I don't know, kids are wusses. The idea that I was ever deterred by a spank as child seems laughable at this point.

I think your instincts are probably right regarding the spoon.
ddgdfgdgdfdfdgfdgfdgfdgf
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 7:35PM - in reply to Guardian Ad Litem Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Guardian Ad Litem wrote:

Most states define 'hitting with an object' (wooden spoon) as child abuse, so if you're looking to continue living in the same home as your children, and avoid criminal charges, I'd suggest looking for a more sophisticated, intelligent method of child rearing asap.

I'm hoping you're a troll, but in case you're not, and for the benefit of any other derelict parents that think striking a person smaller, weaker, and less cognitively developed than yourself is O.K., I thought I'd speak up.

Spanking has been considered an ineffective and inhumane form of "parenting" for decades.

I'm not trying to do damage to my children, I'm trying to inflict pain on them. There's a difference. I don't want them to suffer an injury in any way -- I just want them to feel agony. There's a fine line between abusing a child and disciplining them.
Jame Wiskey
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 7:38PM - in reply to ddgdfgdgdfdfdgfdgfdgfdgf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I spank my little one all the time, if you know what I mean.
Interesting, eh
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 7:41PM - in reply to ddgdfgdgdfdfdgfdgfdgfdgf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
My dad used the bristled end of a brush on me once. Didn't work as well as he hoped.

He used to whip off his belt a lot, too. But I don't remember him ever actually hitting me with it.

Just lots of bare hand action.

I've never struck my kids anywhere and they are not nearly the pain in the a$$ that I was. Go figure.
allallagram
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 7:43PM - in reply to Guardian Ad Litem Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What, are you going to attempt to reason with a bratty 5 year old? I'm sure he will realize the error of his ways without any intervention on your part, because child are usually very logical and unselfish.

Not disciplining your kids will do them more harm than judicious spanking ever could.
Guardian Ad Litem
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 7:48PM - in reply to allallagram Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

allallagram wrote:

What, are you going to attempt to reason with a bratty 5 year old? I'm sure he will realize the error of his ways without any intervention on your part, because child are usually very logical and unselfish.

Not disciplining your kids will do them more harm than judicious spanking ever could.

Are you truly so unskilled as a parent that you think not spanking equals not disciplining?

I'm advocating the OP learn some positive discipline methods that are not only more humane, but more effective than spanking.
MadRunner
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 7:52PM - in reply to allallagram Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ever heard of Love and Logic? It works and you don't have to abuse your child.

If you don't think a 5 year old can understand reason, then you don't understand children.
Here's Johnny
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 7:59PM - in reply to MadRunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ever hear of fear & intimidation?....it works just as well, and you don't have to lay a hand on your kid.
Jame Wiskey
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 8:00PM - in reply to ddgdfgdgdfdfdgfdgfdgfdgf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Just force your kids to eat large amounts of sardines when they've been bad. Quite the punishment, and boosts the magnesium levels.
trhtyhfg
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 8:36PM - in reply to Guardian Ad Litem Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Guardian Ad Litem wrote:

You have never been to China. Or even the 1980s.
Fluffy
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 8:46PM - in reply to Guardian Ad Litem Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
My parents spanked me all the time when I was a little kid. Any kid that gets mentally damaged from spanking is a little puss regardless of whether they got spanked or not. Kids are so pampered these days it blows my mind. I'm not saying that parents should punch and abuse their kids, but a little discipline isn't a bad thing.
Night Runner
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 8:54PM - in reply to ddgdfgdgdfdfdgfdgfdgfdgf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ddgd - Sounds to me like you have crossed the line, you want to inflect pain and agony on them. Take your anger out on something else. Scary father. Think of this post every time you hit them.
Night Runner
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 8:59PM - in reply to Fluffy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Fluffy - "got spanked all the time when I was little" Wow 24/7. Sounds like abuse to me.
Biggest Douche in the Universe
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 9:00PM - in reply to Night Runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Night Runner wrote:

Fluffy - "got spanked all the time when I was little" Wow 24/7. Sounds like abuse to me.

Yeah, you definitely know his childhood better than he does.
Colonial
RE: Proper way to spank your children? 8/17/2011 9:06PM - in reply to MadRunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

MadRunner wrote:

Ever heard of Love and Logic? It works and you don't have to abuse your child.

If you don't think a 5 year old can understand reason, then you don't understand children.

Stellar program that worked with my kids. Never laid a finger on them, didn't psychologically abuse them and they are well-adjusted with a terrific sense of right and wrong.

Please tell me you are joking about the spoon.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |