muscle cramps
Deep tissue massage, State college 8/11/2011 10:00PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Any one know a good massage therapist in state college who knows something about running?
running bum
RE: Deep tissue massage, State college 8/11/2011 10:56PM - in reply to muscle cramps Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm assuming you're talking state college PA. I saw a physical therapist named Tom Whipple last winter. He's at the Mount Nittany Medical Center by the hospital. He's not a massage therapist, but he knows a hell of a lot about running. He fixed my biomechanics and form and helped me go from being hurt with serious injuries once every 3 or 4 months to being able to run great (6 months injury free now. i know its not a lot but with my history (2 stress fractures in 1 calendar year) it is a huge success). he's very willing to work with athletes. he took my training goals seriously and understood that i wasn't running as 20 minutes of cardio at the gym once a week. we did a little bit of massage therapy, but i'm not sure if you can just go in and ask for that.
muscle cramps
RE: Deep tissue massage, State college 8/12/2011 10:36AM - in reply to muscle cramps Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm looking for more of a massage expert...someone trained in massage and experience with running. Yes, State College PA
Chet Esber
RE: Deep tissue massage, State college 10/17/2011 3:06PM - in reply to muscle cramps Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Try Tom Zellner at Synergy Massage 814-238-3000. He is the best around!
lion tamer
RE: Deep tissue massage, State college 10/17/2011 6:39PM - in reply to Chet Esber Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I second that opinion.