hsxc
cross country spikes 7/30/2011 5:34PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I just got some new spikes that come with 1/4 inch christmas trees. Should I buy any additional replacemet spikes that are longer than that?
xcrunner27
RE: cross country spikes 7/30/2011 8:04PM - in reply to hsxc Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
yeah
mogelijk
RE: cross country spikes 7/30/2011 8:11PM - in reply to hsxc Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
YEAH
hsxc
RE: cross country spikes 7/30/2011 8:35PM - in reply to mogelijk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
How long should I get?
I had to say it...
RE: cross country spikes 7/30/2011 9:03PM - in reply to hsxc Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Honestly, it depends where you are racing. If you were racing in south Florida, I would say don't even bother screwing in the spikes in the first place. Even so, if you are in the Pacific Northwest, in like Washington or Oregon, I would say 1/4 inch is fine. You may want to buy an extra package of the little metal piecessets of christmas tree spikes. The pieces of metal usually only last me 6-8 races before they are missing/warped.
sc42
RE: cross country spikes 7/30/2011 10:31PM - in reply to hsxc Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
leave spikes out if course has much gravel, cart path etc.
quarters for dry hard courses
3/8 for typical grassy course
halves for mud