Pages: | 1 | 2 |
YMCMB
Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 4:02PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Briefly: I have a lib arts college degree, yes I know how stupid I am for not getting an engineering or math type degree and I don't need you to tell me that. I am about to go to grad school to pursue a career in academia that will eventually pay like 50k per year. I'm fine with all of this, but umm really all I care about is fvcking cash money, it is the source of all power and the way to get all the women. If you disagree that's fine, I only want advice from people who can look at my situation and give me advice on a different career path or method to get rich quick and bang lots of hoes.. I am a red blooded male, I am good looking, I'm fast and I'm not afraid to admit that all I care about is money and hoes... Just looking for a way to live the dream.
CosmoDhfjfjfj
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 4:14PM - in reply to YMCMB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Become either a pimp or an investment banker?
ILP has landed
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 4:15PM - in reply to YMCMB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yes you can probably make several thousand dollars almost immediately in options with Silver, Gold, Stocks, and Currency etf's this week.

If there is no debt deal you will probably see Gold and Silver shoot up 10% or more in a few days. Stocks will be very volatile, and the dollar will sink and other currencies will rise. With options you can get all the delta leveraged 100 or so times.
OP
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 4:48PM - in reply to ILP has landed Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
For real? I can cash in on the national debt deal??
The Colonel
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 4:57PM - in reply to YMCMB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Start playing the lottery - if you don't play, you can't win.
mogelijk
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 5:01PM - in reply to The Colonel Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You're already richer than 90% of the world, and the reason you don't have "hoes" is a lack of confidence, not money. So no, if you aren't "rich" now than there isn't really any hope for you. Sorry.
tyktrjk
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 5:09PM - in reply to YMCMB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You do realize kidneys and bone marrow (yours of course) sell for huge amounts on the black market right?
quesitons
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 5:09PM - in reply to YMCMB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Commodities are in the early stages of a new, secular bull market. This provides one of the best speculative opportunities of all time.
ILP has landed
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 5:17PM - in reply to OP Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yup, its sending USD pairs all over the place right now.

If you were short the dollar friday and held you're in big money right now.

Likewise if you were long Gold, Oil, and Silver friday you'll probably make some good coin monday also but it depends on the leverage in those commodities, they could down but probably won't if the dollar is keeping slaughtered.

Then there will probably be some kind of deal later in the week that sends prices the other way and you can make money off that.

I bet congressmen are playing the markets knowing full well if there will be a deal or not.
OP
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 5:46PM - in reply to ILP has landed Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Gentlemen, it sounds like speculation "investing" is the way to go... If only I had the start up funds to throw down right now. Good to know though, that market speculation is still a viable way to make bank... And then therefore get skanks.

I mean seriously, look how ugly that prince from Monaco was at the meet this weekend... Tell me how does a short, fat, and ugly dude bag a dime like that? $$$$$$$$$$$$!!

ILP has landed wrote:

Yup, its sending USD pairs all over the place right now.

If you were short the dollar friday and held you're in big money right now.

Likewise if you were long Gold, Oil, and Silver friday you'll probably make some good coin monday also but it depends on the leverage in those commodities, they could down but probably won't if the dollar is keeping slaughtered.

Then there will probably be some kind of deal later in the week that sends prices the other way and you can make money off that.

I bet congressmen are playing the markets knowing full well if there will be a deal or not.
The Party After You Left
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 10:32PM - in reply to YMCMB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Why don't you get a good bartending job? If your description is accurate you will be surrounded by women that want you and you will make good money at the same time.
The thing you hang flags on
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 10:52PM - in reply to YMCMB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Be rich. Then you can stay rich, because the government right now is favoring that method of success.
Internet Sargent Slaughter
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 11:07PM - in reply to YMCMB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Spend two to three years working 80 hour weeks in finance. I'm not sure if this qualifies as "rich", but you'll make plenty of cash by the end of it. It's tough to get out once you are in though. The idea of dropping from 150Kish a year to 50Kish a year is brutal for a lot of people. You keep on telling yourself "Just one more miserable year..." and all those 'one-more-years' keep on accumulating.
YMCMB
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 11:13PM - in reply to Internet Sargent Slaughter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Would I need to get some sort of econ or business degree??? Or can I get in with my lib arts degree?

Internet Sargent Slaughter wrote:

Spend two to three years working 80 hour weeks in finance. I'm not sure if this qualifies as "rich", but you'll make plenty of cash by the end of it. It's tough to get out once you are in though. The idea of dropping from 150Kish a year to 50Kish a year is brutal for a lot of people. You keep on telling yourself "Just one more miserable year..." and all those 'one-more-years' keep on accumulating.
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 11:23PM - in reply to YMCMB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
There are definitely places where you can get in with a liberal arts degree, but there is going to be more risk there. Drop your resume at a company for a position in their risk division and put in a solid year while they are expanding (look for small offices that are a part of big companies that are looking to gain a foothold into new business segments... energy companies right now will probably give you some really good opportunities) and then take any promotion you can get and coast out your 3 years and see if you can stomach quitting at the end while you feel like you are just another year or two away from making "real" money.
coach d
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 11:28PM - in reply to YMCMB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Get an MBA in finance if that's what you really want and you can handle 80 hour weeks to make it.
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 11:33PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ugghh... that's getting rich slow... 2 years for an MBA, one year to get back to flat, and then 3 years to get back to the same level that he can be at if he gambles and wins on a boutique finance job. Take the chance. MBAs are more life sucking than anything else you could possibly choose to do.
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/24/2011 11:42PM - in reply to Internet Sargent Slaughter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm a dick, but I'm also drunk... the prior guy might be right... all the opportunities to get rich quickly are going to be some balance of high probability salaries and low probability jackpots... that being said, there are seriously higher expectancies in finance than there are in other fields that require equally low level of hard skills. You have a significantly higher probabilities of getting rich if you choose the field that has money spilling all over it.
YMCMB
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/25/2011 1:29AM - in reply to Internet Sargent Slaughter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thanks for the replies. It feels good to admit that I really only care about money, that's all women care about... They are all the same. I've already got the perfect physique, just need endless paper stacks to control the flock of bitches, that's all they are and all they want is money.

It's looking like finance is the way to go. I'll just go the Gordon Gecko route, if I apply half the effort I do into running, I should be loaded by 30 (5 years from now).
YMCMB
RE: Is it possible to "get rich quick"? Because I'm tired of being poor. 7/25/2011 2:20AM - in reply to Internet Sargent Slaughter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I can not emphasize how much of this is about getting laid, more money = more pvssy, and therefore more power. If you can't admit that this is what life is all about then you are a fool.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |