Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
John Smallberries
Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 8:25PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Me and this guy were in the shower at the gym and were discussing. He thinks it's soccer players. He thinks that because they have nice bodies. I told him football players have way better bodies so by his logic, he's wrong.
Eastwood
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 8:37PM - in reply to John Smallberries Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Nordic Skiers
Raul Meireles
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 8:44PM - in reply to Eastwood Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Well you are technically right. I don't know why people call it soccer. Football is the proper name. Americans should really embrace true "football".
therealLetsRun
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 8:59PM - in reply to John Smallberries Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
No comparison
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 9:10PM - in reply to John Smallberries Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Swimmers
yagtash
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 9:26PM - in reply to Eastwood Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Eastwood wrote:

Nordic Skiers

this was my first thought. immense lower leg strength to weight ratio, presumably really F-ing strong upper body, good core strength, and possibly unmatched aerobic output.
907 born
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 9:31PM - in reply to John Smallberries Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I live in Anchorage. The nordic skiing community here is world-class. These guys - and girls - kick ass in both winter and summer.
Diego Boy
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 9:33PM - in reply to John Smallberries Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Why are you and a dude in a shower talking about which guys have hotter bodies under the guise of discussing who's more conditioned...
Snatch
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 9:43PM - in reply to Diego Boy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I will put in a vote for wrestlers.
Just No
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 9:45PM - in reply to therealLetsRun Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

There is absolutely no way that distance running is easier than badminton, tennis, and rodeo calf roping.
leprend
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 9:46PM - in reply to Snatch Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ultrarunners obviously... have you seen how far they can run without stopping?
Jackasaurus 3: The jackening
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 9:47PM - in reply to John Smallberries Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The guys that run Tough Mudder.
rowers
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 10:03PM - in reply to leprend Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Rowers, going by bodies.
altoroad
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 10:04PM - in reply to John Smallberries Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

John Smallberries wrote:

Me and this guy were in the shower at the gym and were discussing. He thinks it's soccer players. He thinks that because they have nice bodies. I told him football players have way better bodies so by his logic, he's wrong.

Wrestlers.
hounddogharrier
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 10:09PM - in reply to John Smallberries Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Nordic skiers, without a doubt.
Gaylord Xfitter
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 10:10PM - in reply to John Smallberries Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Crossfitters for sure. NO other "athletes" can do the workouts the winners of the crossfit games do!

And if its hot bods your shower buddy is looking for check out these pics:

http://games2009.crossfit.com/Games08BarberPullup_th.jpg

http://c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000Nw5M5raIai4/s/750/750/James-OPT-Fitzgerald-CrossFit-Games-2009.jpg

http://games2009.crossfit.com/Games08JeremyPostRun_th.jpg
rsbones
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 10:22PM - in reply to John Smallberries Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Surfers, ftw.
Trying Hard To Win
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 10:32PM - in reply to rsbones Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
lolz auto racers are higher? THats not a f***ign sport.
rsbones
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 10:47PM - in reply to Trying Hard To Win Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Trying Hard To Win wrote:

lolz auto racers are higher? THats not a f***ign sport.

"“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” - Ernest Hemingway
therealLetsRun
RE: Which sport has the best conditioned athletes 7/2/2011 10:55PM - in reply to Just No Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Just No wrote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

There is absolutely no way that distance running is easier than badminton, tennis, and rodeo calf roping.

It doesn't say that it's easier. It takes into account all forms of athleticism that each sport's top athletes require. Badminton players probably require a lot more hand-eye coordination and agility than a cross country runner. The list has sortable categories and I'm sure runners rank higher in the endurance category. The overall ranking is the sum of the scores that the sport receives in each of the categories.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |