Pages: | 1 | 2 |
Ironton
Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 12:31PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hi guys,

Ive seriously been considering this, since Im not really a triathlete, and I likely won't ever do a full Ironman, Im considering getting a small boston marathon logo tattoo'd on my lower calf. I think it would look cool, and be like the runners version of an M-dot tattoo. Thoughts? Anyone got one?
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 12:39PM - in reply to Ironton Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I got a Boston tattoo on my right shoulder after I ran it in '07. It's a significant life event and something I will always be proud of.
P.Whelan
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 12:45PM - in reply to 2007 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If you think you want it, get it. It does not matter if other people like it, tattoos are not for other people, they are for you.

I will qualify that a bit with my personal taste. If I saw somebody with that tattoo I would think the follow things
1. That dude has a calf tattoo
2. Calf tattoos are gay
3. That dude is gay

Calf tattoos are only okay if you have like, 85%+ of your upper body covered in tattoos.
P.Whelan
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 12:52PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

lolwut wrote:
I'm pretty sure they're the most common area for running tats

I don't understand how that makes them less gay. (Just kidding, but still...)
Backdoor Shenanigans
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 1:54PM - in reply to Ironton Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Ironton wrote:

Hi guys,

Ive seriously been considering this, since Im not really a triathlete, and I likely won't ever do a full Ironman, Im considering getting a small boston marathon logo tattoo'd on my lower calf. I think it would look cool, and be like the runners version of an M-dot tattoo. Thoughts? Anyone got one?

What is tattoo'd? Is it similar to tattooed?
Festizio
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 2:03PM - in reply to Ironton Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
DO IT!
lamb cannon
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 2:05PM - in reply to Ironton Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Ironton wrote:

Hi guys,

The problem with these 'achievement' tattoos, in my opinion, is that they scream "Hey, everyone, I did a marathon, aren't I GREAT?" They are obviously for the benefit of others - you hardly need to glance at your lower calf to remind yourself you did Boston, do you? It all looks attention-seeking. I'd think you were a twat if I saw it, sorry.
Clark Griswold
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 2:10PM - in reply to lamb cannon Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

lamb cannon wrote:

The problem with these 'achievement' tattoos, in my opinion, is that they scream "Hey, everyone, I did a marathon, aren't I GREAT?" They are obviously for the benefit of others - you hardly need to glance at your lower calf to remind yourself you did Boston, do you? It all looks attention-seeking. I'd think you were a twat if I saw it, sorry.

I couldn't have said this any better....
You are kidding, right?
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 2:16PM - in reply to 2007 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

2007 wrote:

I got a Boston tattoo on my right shoulder after I ran it in '07. It's a significant life event and something I will always be proud of.

PLEASE tell me this is a joke. As a guy who has run Boston 28 times now, I am embarrassed for you.
Ted Underhill
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 2:17PM - in reply to Ironton Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I've run Boston twice, but never thought my times were tatoo-worthy.
flippertygibbett
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 2:27PM - in reply to Ironton Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Ironton wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm really insecure, so I have tattoos of every minor accomplishment in my life all over my body - in the hope that people will like me as a result. My personal favorite, is "middle school student of the quarter" on my chest.
prof
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 2:33PM - in reply to flippertygibbett Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i've got a tatoo of the middle finger on my forehead. i'm having trouble finding a job.
Jay Yell
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 2:41PM - in reply to Clark Griswold Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Agreed. There is nothing I can think of as more douchey!

Clark Griswold wrote:

lamb cannon wrote:

I couldn't have said this any better....
txRUNNERgirl
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 2:51PM - in reply to Jay Yell Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Jay Yell wrote:

[/quote]

How about a guy who has the Olympic rings tattooed on his calf even though he never ran in the Olympics or even the OTs? He may even still be on letsrun.
haha YO
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 2:55PM - in reply to You are kidding, right? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

You are kidding, right? wrote:

PLEASE tell me this is a joke. As a guy who has run Boston 28 times now, I am embarrassed for you.

If you don't live in the Boston area you are a f***ing douche as well. 28 times, gee whiz! Boston is a f***ing joke, how many times did you run the Olympic trials you f***?
just say no
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 3:03PM - in reply to txRUNNERgirl Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This is comparable to the same people who wear their finisher's medals around for two days after the race including on the flight home or getting one of those stupid Boston Marathon finisher's jackets. Both are huge acts of douchebaggery.
You know you ran it, obviously the people who are close to you know that you ran it, so who are you trying to impress with a tattoo ?
Douchebaggery, I say.
txRUNNERgirl
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 3:11PM - in reply to just say no Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yeah, you're better off with a Nike swoosh ;)
mr. cool
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 5:00PM - in reply to txRUNNERgirl Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

txRUNNERgirl wrote:

Jay Yell wrote:

[/quote]

How about a guy who has the Olympic rings tattooed on his calf even though he never ran in the Olympics or even the OTs? He may even still be on letsrun.

I know a guy who has the olympic rings tattooed on his back. I'm not sure he's even broken 17:00 for the 5k before.
ultra achieve
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 6:15PM - in reply to Ironton Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I got a tattoo for each time I made the honor roll in high school. GPA PR 3.8 baby!
great success
RE: Boston marathon... tattoo 4/27/2011 6:16PM - in reply to ultra achieve Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
what do you guys and gals think of small olympic rings tattoo for someone who qualifies for the Trials but not an olympic team?
Pages: | 1 | 2 |