Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Hopeful!!
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/13/2011 9:43AM - in reply to long dong silver Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

long dong silver wrote:

Beijing wrote:

Is Hall blaming this 10th place Beijing performance on soy sauce?

Yeah seriously. It seemed like he really hated soy sauce.

Ryan stated that he recently discovered he is gluten intolerant. Soy sauce contains gluten. If he were to have soy sauce prior to a race, he could be spending his race in a porta-potty.
jjjjjjjj
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/13/2011 10:17AM - in reply to my name is whaaa? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I hope he does great at Boston. Now about the value of conversions from altitude times: runners raised and trained at altitude don't get the same size drops to sea level as sea level trained runners, and it is important to get the legs used to the actual pace that you will run in the race, not just the altitude adjusted pace. We have seen before that he could run very fast long runs at altitude at Mammoth and Big Bear without that necessarily translating to a great marathon time. I could swear that he was doing 4:50 pace long tempos at Mammoth in years past. I hope that this time is different. He ran well at Boston last year and has raced poorly since. Good luck to him! If it doesn't work, maybe he'll finally make a track season of it and get back into contact with the speed that got him to 59:43 and 2:06:17.
Bulldog
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/13/2011 10:34AM - in reply to Hopeful!! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
True soy sauce is gluten free. Most of the junk available in the stores contains wheat.

Hopeful!! wrote:

long dong silver wrote:

Beijing wrote:

Is Hall blaming this 10th place Beijing performance on soy sauce?

Yeah seriously. It seemed like he really hated soy sauce.

Ryan stated that he recently discovered he is gluten intolerant. Soy sauce contains gluten. If he were to have soy sauce prior to a race, he could be spending his race in a porta-potty.
cite your sources
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/13/2011 10:45AM - in reply to lilly dipper Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hall does indeed run on sundays when it doesn't coincide with his offday, as evidenced by his twitter:

Long run+church=perfect Sunday morning
Sun Mar 13 2011 16:34:01 (EDT) via web
Mick Lovin
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/13/2011 11:55AM - in reply to My goose is cooked Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

My goose is cooked wrote:

[quote]Hmmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Assuming that the workout was relatively easy for Mr. Hall, I see him going sub 2:10 (assuming good weather in Boston).

The question to ask is " what are you willing to do to win Boston"?

Most that win will tell you that they were very fit, pushed late in the race and took a chance somewhere earlier in the race and it paid off.
FogRunner
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/13/2011 4:02PM - in reply to asdfasdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He has a nice relaxed spinal engine resonance flowing in the video, just like he did in his sub-60 half-marathon. If he runs like that at Boston, I think he will feel good and can run well.
Bulldog
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/13/2011 4:22PM - in reply to FogRunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"nice relaxed spinal engine resonance" what is this new-age junk science?

FogRunner wrote:

He has a nice relaxed spinal engine resonance flowing in the video, just like he did in his sub-60 half-marathon. If he runs like that at Boston, I think he will feel good and can run well.
Rene the Cart
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/13/2011 8:17PM - in reply to Bulldog Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The dude listed 'God' as his coach for the doping form at the Houston half. He's cracked. I honestly hope he doesn't run well, but is in great shape, so he takes some sense and goes back to listening to a coach rather than his schizophrenia, and uses his reenergization from training on his own to power an olympic year push.
What ?
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/13/2011 8:55PM - in reply to Phenom Man Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The Africans will set the race up , Hall will have no say.
If he can stay out of the front of the pack craziness , don't get caught up waving to girls on the sidelines , stick to a race/pace plan , Hall could be in the hunt at the end ( I don't mean a high finish , a race to win )
He is fit , very fit , now can he race smartly ?
Run SB
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/13/2011 10:36PM - in reply to What ? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I like Ryan Hall a lot. I like watching him run and I hope he does well at Boston, but I can't help but notice that everything I see him in (his blog, videos like this, interviews, etc.) is just corny beyond belief. I guess he's just kind of an awkward guy, which I don't really mind.

does anyone else notice this?
IloveSaraBei
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/13/2011 11:17PM - in reply to Run SB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He may be awkward, but he's still sticking whatever God gave him into Sara Bei/ Hall, who is unbelievably gorgeous, and has a ridiculous body, on the reg. Props to him. I wouldn't leave the house to ever run if I had a piece like that waiting for me.
so you think?
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/14/2011 12:07AM - in reply to Soho Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
quote/Yeah, Ryan needs to be able to handle some 4:30 mile surges. I do not understand marathon vs half marathon fitness, but it seems like he should be able to run a fast half if he's ready to handle those surges./quote

Ryan hall was at his best when he came off the track and was fast enough to run a sub 60 half, for some ridiculous reason he persists with long draining tempo runs and is always stale in his races. What he doesnt understand is that speed is strength, what i dont understand is why he doesnt identify what has worked for him in the past and just build with that.

He will never be able to run 2.06 again if he keeps running 63 minute half marathons in races, you need to be good at the half to be good at the marathon, the speed has to be there, just look at someone like wanjiru (and even hall himself before his marathon debut). You will never be competitive running just 63 pace, you need to be able to handle suicide pace to win and thats what half marathon speed allows you to do
the smartest letsrunner
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/14/2011 12:55AM - in reply to What ? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

What ? wrote:

He is fit , very fit ?

Based on what? A workout most of the Kenyan contingent could do twice weekly?
mjm
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/14/2011 1:38AM - in reply to the smartest letsrunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Good luck to him! If it doesn't work, maybe he'll finally make a track season of it and get back into contact with the speed that got him to 59:43 and 2:06:17.

This hits the nail on the head. For years he's talked about 'tempo tempo tempo' which has clearly caused him to plateau. Hit the track! It also wouldn't hurt to run with somebody else. He should go hang out in Iten for a couple of months and run with those guys. He can chuck around some bibles and build a well if it makes him feel better.
sportscenter
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/14/2011 6:41AM - in reply to mjm Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This will be his first bad marathon, and slowest by minutes. It's remarkable he has yet to really be off on marathon day.
soft
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/14/2011 6:58AM - in reply to sportscenter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
he is looking softer in the stomach then years past.
Dont try it Buddy!
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/14/2011 7:13AM - in reply to IloveSaraBei Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He may be awkward, but he's still sticking whatever God gave him into Sara Bei/ Hall, who is unbelievably gorgeous, and has a ridiculous body, on the reg. Props to him. I wouldn't leave the house to ever run if I had a piece like that waiting for me.

I wouldnt try it Buddy!!! Old man Daniels be there a wait'in for you in a rock'in chair on da porch with a shotgun - take yo ass out fool!!!!!
^9^
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/14/2011 8:03AM - in reply to naia champ Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

naia champ wrote:

Sorry but I just had to laugh when looking back at Bill Rodgers diet after watching this. "large amounts of milk, soda and fruit juice, plus such junk foods as chocolate-chip cookies, olives, pickles, Fritos, ketchup, horseradish, tartar sauce, potato chips and various dips involving quarts of mayonnaise". http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20070638,00.html

How fast did Rogers run?
obiwan6262
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/14/2011 8:48AM - in reply to ^9^ Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

^9^ wrote:

naia champ wrote:

Sorry but I just had to laugh when looking back at Bill Rodgers diet after watching this. "large amounts of milk, soda and fruit juice, plus such junk foods as chocolate-chip cookies, olives, pickles, Fritos, ketchup, horseradish, tartar sauce, potato chips and various dips involving quarts of mayonnaise". http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20070638,00.html

How fast did Rogers run?

Is that supposed to be some sort of intelligent comment? Hmmm. He was just running slightly off the world record at the time.
Very Strange!
RE: Ryan Hall Pre-Boston Workout 4/14/2011 8:56AM - in reply to ^9^ Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I just finished watching that interview and I didn't hear even one time how, "God is my coach, I'm going with my faith, The Lord this, The Lord that...." It's as if that aspect of his personality and life was completely expunged from his daily routine. They made such a huge fuss over on Flotrack about his "faith" Interview, but yet in that segment, it doesn't even factor in. Bizarre! It's like he can talk about it in some contexts but when there's a commercial link to products or his shoe contract - it's the- "No Jesus Zone." (Ha!) Obviously he must be getting some kind of advice and coaching from Dr.Daniels. Which is fine -he's a good guy! But you don't house sit for someone unless you know them at least in some way. But why doesn't he just come out and say this? I really don't care about his personal life but he continues to present a very strange picture to the public. Whatever his living and coaching arrangements are - they're none of my concern. I just hope he does well on monday and improves on his time and place from last year.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |