what am i
Can someone explain why I feel like I'm burning up all the time?!! 3/18/2011 11:13PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Recently it seems I feel hot all the time and cannot cool off. Sitting in the house (temp is set 78) I'm so hot even wearing only boxers. My family wont turn the A/C on cause they aren't hot. My body temp is normal. Could this be due to my training or hormones ? I've always been partial to cold, and the heat always bothers me, but lately I've been so hot even after a shower and hours after a run.
Mrs. Masterbooner
RE: Can someone explain why I feel like I'm burning up all the time?!! 3/19/2011 7:26AM - in reply to what am i Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Must be menopause.
That sucks
RE: Can someone explain why I feel like I'm burning up all the time?!! 3/19/2011 7:44AM - in reply to what am i Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's 78 degrees in your house and your family isn't hot? I don't care who you are, that is very warm for an inside temperature. We keep our thermostat on 72. Since your family won't turn on the A/C, get yourself a little oscillating fan. I'm always hot, as well, and I lived in a house without A/C for a while, so the fan was a welcome relief.
That sucks
RE: Can someone explain why I feel like I'm burning up all the time?!! 3/19/2011 7:45AM - in reply to what am i Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Also, drink a lot of water. I'm sure you do already, but sipping on ice water really does cool you down.
DocLove
RE: Can someone explain why I feel like I'm burning up all the time?!! 3/19/2011 8:03AM - in reply to what am i Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
(temp is set 78)

You need to turn the heating down not the ac on

Your folks are old and feel draughts and stuff - 78 is too hot for someone fit- reading the rest of the post you just sound like a jerk though, so...good luck with that
laughingostrich
RE: Can someone explain why I feel like I'm burning up all the time?!! 3/19/2011 10:05AM - in reply to what am i Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I don't think you have a problem, your heat is at 78. I get hot and start sweating in my classes and they are at about 70. I keep my apartment at 64 most of the time.