stevejobs
It hurts under the balls of my big toe, and the arch, and on top of one of my big toes? 3/14/2011 3:23PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Self explanatory. lately, it's been hurting under the balls of my big toes. But the pain is also on my arches sometimes. And on my right foot, it's been hurting on top of my big toe, like on top of the ball of my foot... any help as to what it is and how to fix it?
DocLove
RE: It hurts under the balls of my big toe, and the arch, and on top of one of my big toes? 3/14/2011 6:23PM - in reply to stevejobs Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That's not where I keep my balls
JB800/1500
RE: It hurts under the balls of my big toe, and the arch, and on top of one of my big toes? 3/14/2011 7:40PM - in reply to stevejobs Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
by arch, do u mean on the top of the foot or the bottom of the foot where the arch is? either way though, it sounds like u strained some tendons and maybe even a couple muscles. the same thing happened to me a while ago and just got better (by a while, i mean middle of XC this year, i got a very large acorn stuck on a spike and it didnt come off for two miles. by just got better, i mean like maybe a month ago) its gonna hurt u for a while if its anything like what i had but it isnt really anything to worry about as long as u ice it and take it a bit easier on it. like maybe do some XT on a bike or sumthing for a few days just to be safe.
but worst case scenario it sounds like it could also be a stress fracture. does it continue to hurt u while u run or does it go away while running and then come back maybe an hour or two when ur done? if it hurts while running its probably a stress fracture, if not then its probably just the tendon thing i described. if ur really worried, go get an x-ray done. just take it easy for a few days then see wat happens
stevejobs
RE: It hurts under the balls of my big toe, and the arch, and on top of one of my big toes? 3/15/2011 10:05AM - in reply to JB800/1500 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thanks for the reply. by arch, I mean on the bottom. Meaning it hurts under the ball of my foot but on the heel side, not the toe side, I guess.I think it hurts when I'm running on the push off, when my toes are still on the ground but my heel is lifted. (I've been training in nike free 3.0's... so they're flexible, but recently got some less flexible shoes to train in)
okey dokey
RE: It hurts under the balls of my big toe, and the arch, and on top of one of my big toes? 3/15/2011 11:04AM - in reply to stevejobs Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I had the same thing, but it cleared up after I went to a running store and took a shit in a pair of compression socks.
sesamoid
RE: It hurts under the balls of my big toe, and the arch, and on top of one of my big toes? 3/15/2011 12:54PM - in reply to stevejobs Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It could be your sesamoid bones which are located under the ball of your big toe. I woke up the morning after a long tempo and my big toe was so stiff I couldn't move it. I ended up with a stress fracture on the outside of my foot from overcompensating. Do not try and run on it until it's better otherwise you will break your foot to. The only thing that made the inflammation go down, even after six weeks off, was Zyflammend (google it). It's much better than regular anti-inflamatories as it doesn't restrict blood flow to the area. You have to take a lot of it but it works.
stevejobs
RE: It hurts under the balls of my big toe, and the arch, and on top of one of my big toes? 3/18/2011 7:09PM - in reply to sesamoid Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
sorry for the late reply. But it doesn't only hurt under the ball of my foot. now it hurts on the inside of that bone that kind of sticks out that connects your metatarsals to your toes (i think)... at the ball of the foot
Hayduke
RE: It hurts under the balls of my big toe, and the arch, and on top of one of my big toes? 3/18/2011 7:35PM - in reply to stevejobs Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

stevejobs wrote:

Self explanatory. lately, it's been hurting under the balls of my big toes. But the pain is also on my arches sometimes. And on my right foot, it's been hurting on top of my big toe, like on top of the ball of my foot... any help as to what it is and how to fix it?

Could be a problem with your anterior tibial muscle. It inserts in the area you are talking about and sometimes tightness in this muscle creates referred pain in that area.