Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
georgelincoln
Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/20/2011 11:14PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I go to a large state-school and have classes tomorrow as the university does not observe Presidents day with a day off... However we did have Martin Luther King day off...Do people really think MLK is more important that George Washington, Lincoln etc..???? this is confusing, please answer..
rapist
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/20/2011 11:23PM - in reply to georgelincoln Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

georgelincoln wrote:

I go to a large state-school and have classes tomorrow as the university does not observe Presidents day with a day off... However we did have Martin Luther King day off...Do people really think MLK is more important that George Washington, Lincoln etc..???? this is confusing, please answer..

Yes, MLK is more important than a slave owning rapist like George Washington.
really
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 12:11AM - in reply to rapist Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Or MLK and his many white whore girlfiends.
rape and murder
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 12:35AM - in reply to really Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

really wrote:

Or MLK and his many white whore girlfiends.

Can it compare to rape and murder. Anyone involved in slavery was a murderer. Slaveowner/Trader = Murderer

The Founding Fathers were dirty pieces or crap. Nothing they did good can outweigh murder and rape.

Its funny how one can forgive the torture, rape and murder of human beings, but Mike Vick is the Son Of Sam.
Stating the obvious
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 12:45AM - in reply to georgelincoln Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Both days are work days for me.
Maybe one is tied to a school break?
Owen Wilson
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 12:45AM - in reply to rape and murder Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
How about the question that really matters? Why don't we have Columbus Day off?
free
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 12:53AM - in reply to georgelincoln Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
MLK is the greatest man the US has ever produced. Those other two were wig wearing homosexuals.
Coorsfield
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 1:29AM - in reply to georgelincoln Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ask your coach.
West Lafayette
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 2:52AM - in reply to georgelincoln Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Presidents are mere politicians. Dr Martin Luther King, Jr. created a new America, 100% different from the cowardly nation it originated from. Those of us who lived in both know that.
wjc
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 6:41AM - in reply to georgelincoln Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Same PC bullshit that led to Title IX.
Nat Turner
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 6:49AM - in reply to georgelincoln Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Why do the racist right wing brojos keep threads like this up and delete all negative threads about conservatives.

Like the one they deleted last night about Michele Bachmann. She recently said in a speech that the founding fathers worked tirelessly to end slavery. One of the biggest crocks of shit I ever heard. When I heard she said that I thought it was a joke. Bachmann and Palin must be in a "I bet I'm dumber than you" contest.
Binaca Obama
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 7:17AM - in reply to Nat Turner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
In case you weren't paying attention in history class, Lincoln was for ending slavery....and.....He was a President. Kinda why he got assassinated - Wilkes Booth supported the slave owners and was pissed off Lincoln wanted to give them voting rights.
deez nuts
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 7:24AM - in reply to Nat Turner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Because they are whiteys. You should know this by now.
Nat Turner
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 7:45AM - in reply to Binaca Obama Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
[quote]Binaca Obama wrote:

In case you weren't paying attention in history class, Lincoln was for ending slavery....and.....He was a President. Kinda why he got assassinated - Wilkes Booth supported the slave owners and was pissed off Lincoln wanted to give them voting rights.[/quote

Wow, a mind is a terrible thing to waste. The depth of your ignorance is mind blowing. SINCE WHEN WAS ABE LINCOLN A FOUNDING FATHER? I must have been absent that day in history class.
PBR is awesome
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 7:45AM - in reply to Nat Turner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
PBR, it's like George Washington going down your throat to fight the redcoats and injuns.

Drink it ya asshole.
Flagpole Willy
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 7:55AM - in reply to georgelincoln Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

georgelincoln wrote:

My advice to you is that when you enter the working world, work for yourself so then you can take any damn day off that you like.
Binaca Obama
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 8:28AM - in reply to Nat Turner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Nat Turner wrote:

[quote]Binaca Obama wrote:

In case you weren't paying attention in history class, Lincoln was for ending slavery....and.....He was a President. Kinda why he got assassinated - Wilkes Booth supported the slave owners and was pissed off Lincoln wanted to give them voting rights.[/quote

Wow, a mind is a terrible thing to waste. The depth of your ignorance is mind blowing. SINCE WHEN WAS ABE LINCOLN A FOUNDING FATHER? I must have been absent that day in history class.

He is included in the President's Day celebration, even though he's not a founding father. So by dissing P's Day, you dissin' Abe.
Mantis Toboggan
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 8:31AM - in reply to Flagpole Willy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
For all of you that are the sorry products of today's watered down educational system (where everyone's a winner), president's day came about by combining Lincoln's Day and Washington's Day (both of which used to be honored separately) into a single holiday. It's not just Washington that's being honored.

So remind me again why we should spit on Lincoln's memory?
stick with match.com
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 9:17AM - in reply to Mantis Toboggan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
MLK, JFK, Abe Lincoln

What do they all have in common?

They became hero's because they were shot. Had they not been shot they most likely would not have been as revered as they are.

That being said I think its ridiculous to compare MLK to Abe Lincoln or George Washington. George Washington and Abe Lincoln took the steps that allowed MLK to do what he did.
Aghast
RE: Why do I get MLK day off, but not Presidents day? 2/21/2011 9:20AM - in reply to stick with match.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This is how they used to celebrate Presidents Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIOhat9A5Q0
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |