from the OR
Whatever happened to Zuber Ahmed? 9/7/2010 1:24PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Anyone from the Oregon area know whatever happened to Zuber Ahmed. Was a good prep runner from Benson high school, ended up running for University of Portland. Was second in the WCC in 2007... never heard anything after that. So I was just curious, whatever happened to the kid?
Arizonian
RE: Whatever happened to Zuber Ahmed? 9/7/2010 1:43PM - in reply to from the OR Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I heard he was introduced to Xbox.
Arizonian
RE: Whatever happened to Zuber Ahmed? 9/7/2010 1:51PM - in reply to Arizonian Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
No but I've been curious about that too. I remember his dominating victories at the 2005 oregon state meet, and especially his solo time trial win to set the PIL district meet record in the 3k. Very talented runner. I know his younger brothers had some success at central catholic too, Musa had quite a few flashes of promise I seem to remember.

Side note - Benson had a stacked team in those days. Ahmed, Nate Anderson (46.mid open 400 runner), eric bailey in the hurdles, handful of other good 100 guys and even martin romero clark in the mid-d events.
from the OR
RE: Whatever happened to Zuber Ahmed? 9/7/2010 2:50PM - in reply to from the OR Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Bump
Tony Monero
RE: Whatever happened to Zuber Ahmed? 9/7/2010 2:55PM - in reply to from the OR Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Is that the guy from Dance Fever?
not grote
RE: Whatever happened to Zuber Ahmed? 9/7/2010 3:17PM - in reply to Tony Monero Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
From The Grote Pole a few years back

Frosh Zuber Ahmed, from hometown Benson (home of the 500m track) could make an impact early. Rob Conner called him the greatest distance recruit out of the state of Oregon in 15 years. This is not to say that Ahmed is better than Gaylord, just that Gaylord really was not a recruit. So, Ahmed wins on a technicality.

I always expected him to be a stud after reading that.
donkeysrus
RE: Whatever happened to Zuber Ahmed? 9/7/2010 4:15PM - in reply to from the OR Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I know that he dropped out of Portland. couldn't ever stay healthy while at Portland. Rumor had it he was running around 25 miles a week while at Benson, hence why Conner spoke the way he did about Ahmed. I'm sure trying to run 80-90 at Portland was a huge adjustment, really too bad that things didn't work out for him.