god damnit
How to stop pooping while running? 8/9/2010 7:26AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hey dudes so I've been having this odd problem lately and its never really happened before... I get a sudden need to pop a squat usually around the time i get 50-70min into my run. I've been running for years and this has never happened to me before, i'm not old, i'm 20, i'm not out of shape, i'm sub 15 for the 5k. wtf is going on? how can i stop needing to shit? i shit before i run every day yet it doesn't help. my diet has not really changed much either. This has been happening for about 3 weeks but with increasing frequency
IfYouReallyWannaKnow
RE: How to stop pooping while running? 8/9/2010 7:47AM - in reply to god damnit Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
you poop before you run and it still happens? you're obviously not emptying completely -- find a good magazine and take a nice long dump.

you may need to put more time between your meals and your workouts. if you go in the morning try eating your dinner earlier (12 hours earlier is a safe rule of thumb), if you go in the afternoons have a smaller lunch.

drink more coffee during the day.

i know shit!
out of my element
RE: How to stop pooping while running? 8/9/2010 7:59AM - in reply to god damnit Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I know it is kind of a funny topic but sucks when it happens to you. I had the same thing happen one summer and I was in the same boat as you. Nothing I did seemed to help. I went to the Dr., had all kinds of tests, changed what I would eat the night before, etc. Nothing. Finally it just stopped happening on its own and never happened again. So, bottom line (no pun intended) I never could figure it out and hopefully it will just go away for you after a few weeks. Sucks to have to plan your runs so that you go by porta potties several times though--or at least some dense trees.
its normal
RE: How to stop pooping while running? 8/9/2010 8:04AM - in reply to god damnit Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Maybe it's because you're drinking more fluids with it being summer time/hot. As someone who runs 120-130 mpw, it's actually fairly normal to "go" 3-5 times a day, or more. There was a thread about it a few months ago.
anorexia has its benefits
RE: How to stop pooping while running? 8/9/2010 9:34AM - in reply to god damnit Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
stop eating
antidefiberlater
RE: How to stop pooping while running? 8/9/2010 9:48AM - in reply to anorexia has its benefits Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
eat more fiber at dinner