Track Fan
Ruptured Baker's cyst in the calf... how long a recovery? 6/22/2010 7:13PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
My wife was just diagnosed with it. She has to go in for X-Rays to see if there is any damage to the knee b/c she was complaining of some pain there. The doctor said she can swim and bike but not run on it. Of course there was no time frame for the no running part. She also recommended PT on it. Has anyone had this injury and what were some of the things you did to rehab it and how long were you out of running? Thanks.
Track Fan
RE: Ruptured Baker's cyst in the calf... how long a recovery? 6/23/2010 6:11AM - in reply to Track Fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Bump.
Track Fan
RE: Ruptured Baker's cyst in the calf... how long a recovery? 6/23/2010 9:29AM - in reply to Track Fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
BUMP, Anyone????
Track Fan
RE: Ruptured Baker's cyst in the calf... how long a recovery? 6/23/2010 1:21PM - in reply to Track Fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Oh come on now!!!! BUMP!!!!!!!
MD from hell
RE: Ruptured Baker's cyst in the calf... how long a recovery? 6/23/2010 1:26PM - in reply to Track Fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Gently massage 1 part baker's yeast: 1 part water to the affected area for 1 week. This will cure the condition.
Mr Mountain
RE: Ruptured Baker's cyst in the calf... how long a recovery? 6/23/2010 8:36PM - in reply to MD from hell Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sorry I can't help you out. I have had a bakers cyst for years but it never ruptured. I can just barely feel the bump behind my knee now but at one time it was pretty large. I read about them rupturing but was lucky mine never did.

good luck
hold the phone
RE: Ruptured Baker's cyst in the calf... how long a recovery? 6/24/2010 12:28AM - in reply to Track Fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Like the other guy, I've had a Baker's cyst behind my knee for a few years. Doesn't hurt. It ruptured a year or two ago -- at least, that's what my doctor thinks happened, since I now have a dark wine-colored stain there. But I didn't really notice it, and it didn't affect my running. (And the cyst itself has come back, so now I have a bump AND a stain.)
Brian
RE: Ruptured Baker's cyst in the calf... how long a recovery? 6/24/2010 10:03AM - in reply to Track Fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Several years ago, I had an unruptured Baker's cyst that kept me from runnign for several weeks (neglected to go to the doctor to get it diagnosed - thought it was a calf injury). Once it ruptured, that is when the relief quickly came. It must have been pressing a nerve or something. I was told to try to rupture it. On the ultrasound, it looked like a deflated balloon after it ruptured. Relief was nearly immediate.