Pages: | 1 | 2 |
I love to eat peaches
Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 4:36PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That is what my friend said. I frequently go out running without mine. Does it depend on the state?
26mi235
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 5:00PM - in reply to I love to eat peaches Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I never run with ID
what the OP was waiting for...
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 5:04PM - in reply to I love to eat peaches Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm Dean Karrneassssuous and I always wear my road ID.

DO U?
beeedlemd
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 5:11PM - in reply to I love to eat peaches Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
In DC it is the law. Not sure where else though.
Bad Area
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 5:58PM - in reply to I love to eat peaches Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I don't believe that's a law in CT.

That sounds like a pretty ridiculous law. You would need an ID to show whom?

If it's police, don't they have a dashboard computer where they could look you up or something?

I got pulled over for not having my seatbelt on a few weeks ago and I didn't have my license on me (had registration, insurance, title, etc. in my car). The cop didn't say anything about me not having my license. I live within a mile of where I work and I was at work before I had gotten pulled over. I figure it would be pointless to carry my license on me just for that. It has a much better chance of getting lost or destroyed that way.
juicy miler
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 7:03PM - in reply to Bad Area Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Not only do I know carry a state ID, I don't own a state ID. I live in Maryland.
Holland Nass
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 7:21PM - in reply to I love to eat peaches Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Depends on the state. Some have "vagrancy" laws on the books that a real prick policeman could cite you for. I was stopped by a cop once in California for jayrunning. I crossed the street in a crosswalk, but against the light. Fat f**k hung a U-turn to give me the ticket. Said he could have got me for vagrancy since I didn't have ID, but just gave me the jaywalking ticket. Further research into CA law showed me that the prick was full of da poo poo; something about the law being struck down as unfair to homeless people.
malmo
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 7:44PM - in reply to I love to eat peaches Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

I love to eat peaches wrote:

That is what my friend said. I frequently go out running without mine. Does it depend on the state?

That would be unconstitutional.

The "California Walkman" case settled this back in 1983.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolender_v._Lawson
Ghost of Ashenfelter
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 8:46PM - in reply to I love to eat peaches Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Only in Arizona, and certain small town in Nebraska, so you can prove you are a citizen.
Clell Adams
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 9:55PM - in reply to I love to eat peaches Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I have no idee.
clarity
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 10:35PM - in reply to I love to eat peaches Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
There is no state in the union in which it is a law that you must carry ID at all times.

Driving -- that's something else. But running? No. Absolutely not
Ghost of an male ass feeler
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 10:43PM - in reply to Ghost of Ashenfelter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Ghost of Ashenfelter wrote:

Only in Arizona, and certain small town in Nebraska, so you can prove you are a citizen.

You're a dumbass. Federal law states that you must carry ID on your person. There are exemptions, like working out, but what the mainstream media has never caught up to the fact that any peace officer can demand ID fom you at any time. Unlike the Arizona law, there doesn't even have to be the remote ascpect of suspicion or wrong doing. This is how hypocritcal the Obama administration is.

This is an issue that proves how far left the democrats and media are, ignoring US law.
rsbones
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 11:06PM - in reply to Ghost of an male ass feeler Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You're going to need to prove that. This is the USA: we don't have to carry "papers". The worst that can happen is that if a police officer can't verify your identity, they can take you "downtown" until they do so. And that's kind of an inconvenience to you. But it is not a crime to not have identification papers with you in the USA if you are a citizen.
come on now
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 11:15PM - in reply to Ghost of an male ass feeler Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Ghost of an male ass feeler wrote: This is how hypocritcal the Obama administration is.

This is an issue that proves how far left the democrats and media are, ignoring US law.

lol
no, i think what you said was an indication of how ridiculous YOU are
malmo
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 11:19PM - in reply to Ghost of an male ass feeler Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Ghost of an male ass feeler wrote:
You're a dumbass. Federal law states that you must carry ID on your person. There are exemptions, like working out, but what the mainstream media has never caught up to the fact that any peace officer can demand ID fom you at any time.

Look in the mirror. d-u-m-b-a-s-s

There is no Federal Law that requires you to carry an ID. The scenario you describe is, in fact, unconstitutional.
had to say it
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 11:31PM - in reply to malmo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

malmo wrote:

Look in the mirror. d-u-m-b-a-s-s

There is no Federal Law that requires you to carry an ID. The scenario you describe is, in fact, unconstitutional.

This.
roadkill
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/22/2010 11:59PM - in reply to had to say it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It helps to have id in case you get hit by a car or kill over so they know who to notify....it is just a safety issue I still don't run with mine...I like living on the edge.
I love to eat peaches
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/23/2010 3:52AM - in reply to roadkill Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I found this interesting link on the subject:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071003114409AAOBi8n
Well....
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/23/2010 5:52AM - in reply to Ghost of an male ass feeler Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Ghost of an male ass feeler wrote:
You're a dumbass. Federal law states that you must carry ID on your person.

You're not one to let facts stand in the way of your arguments, are you?

Look a couple of responses above you at malmo's response.
The supreme court ruled in Kolender v. Lawson that a law requiring persons to carry "credible and reliable" identification that carries a "reasonable assurance" of its authenticity, and that provides "means for later getting in touch with the person who has identified himself." was unconstitutional.

Persons temporarily detained on "reasonable suspicion" of criminal activity to identify themselves to a police officer (ref: Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada), but this doesn't mean you have to carry an id.
M.C. Confusing
RE: Is it a law that you have to carry state ID with you at all times? 6/23/2010 5:59AM - in reply to I love to eat peaches Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

I love to eat peaches wrote:

I found this interesting link on the subject:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071003114409AAOBi8n

He is right for California Law...I do believe there are something around 8 or 10 states, that have laws requiring you to identify yourself to police upon request, with or without some sort of probable cause (again giving your name and address suffice if you dont have a state ID) but most other states don't require you to do that, and give you the right to not do it without some sort of probable cause for arrest. And no federal law states anything of the sort.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |