Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |
Kiprop fan
Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 12:21AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703691804575255410855321120.html?mod=rss_whats_news_us

"Mr. Landis said that Mr. Armstrong's longtime coach, Johan Bruyneel, introduced Mr. Landis to the use of steroid patches, blood doping and human growth hormone in 2002 and 2003."

"He alleged Mr. Armstrong helped him understand the way the drugs worked. "He and I had lengthy discussions about it on our training rides during which time he also explained to me the evolution of EPO testing and how transfusions were now necessary due to the inconvenience of the new test,"

Other interesting names in the article are Dave Zabriskie, Levi Leiphiemer and George Hincapie.
observer of coverage
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 12:27AM - in reply to Kiprop fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Finally!!! God damn, I hate it when these BASTARDS try so hard to say they're innocent and clean.

If there's any of you that think Lance is still clean you seriously have to have your head way up your ass.
Geb Oly Champ
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 12:32AM - in reply to Kiprop fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Poor Floyd! Poor Lance. I am so sorry to learn of all of these fallen atleets. Not me! I am clean. So very very clean! I will never ever ever fail drugs test! No siree Bob! I run 12:39 on my smile and high-carbohidrate diet! I never ever take aspirin, I am so very BERRY clean!
UPPPPPPPPP
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 12:34AM - in reply to Kiprop fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
FLoyd Landis has absolutely no credibility. He's lost everything - his title, his $$, his wife and this seems just a desparate attempt to grab some publicity.
selective reading
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 12:39AM - in reply to Kiprop fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"Mr. Landis's charges couldn't be independently verified. Mr. Landis did not respond to a request for comment."/quote

Not so fast. Did you read the entire atricle .
Get Real Real
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 12:41AM - in reply to UPPPPPPPPP Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

UPPPPPPPPP wrote:

FLoyd Landis has absolutely no credibility. He's lost everything - his title, his $$, his wife and this seems just a desparate attempt to grab some publicity.

Exactly.
hotter than hell
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 12:43AM - in reply to Get Real Real Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Get Real Real wrote:

UPPPPPPPPP wrote:

Exactly.

Yeah, they said the same about Canseco. Landis may be desperate and also occasionally tell the truth...the two are not mutually exclusive.
Confirmations
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 12:43AM - in reply to Kiprop fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's nice to have another confirmation of Lance Armstrong's doping. The fact is Lance Armstrong years ago was nabbed by Cycling statisticians who detected and revealed his dirty career performances. He also has had numerous 'roid rages followed by "Happy like a Mormon" trances.
Avocados Number
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 12:43AM - in reply to Kiprop fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This is great news, even if it's a little like hearing that there's gambling in Casablanca.

I don't quite understand what's going on in the minds of those like the previous poster ("this seems just a desparate [sic] attempt to grab some publicity"). I'll grant them that Landis is a liar, at least when his own career is on the line, but I don't see much to be gained by libeling Armstrong.
Faceless
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 12:48AM - in reply to selective reading Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

selective reading wrote:

"Mr. Landis's charges couldn't be independently verified. Mr. Landis did not respond to a request for comment."/quote

I did. This is huge.

Sure, nothing is confirmed yet. But Landis hasn't just made vague accusations. He's extremely detailed--who, when, where and how (why don't need a snitch to tell use what and why). Landis knows enough to understand libel laws. This is for real.

As a cyclist, I've wondered for years who would be the first to come forth like this. I can't believe it's finally happened.

Landis just lost himself a lot of friends. But someone needed to do this. Good for him.

And as a parting shot, does anyone here actually believe that this problem is limited to cycling and that elite runners are clean?
Avocados Number
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 12:53AM - in reply to selective reading Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

selective reading wrote:

I did. Do you really think that a reporter for the Wall Street Journal is going to be able to obtain independent verification of such charges in the course of a single news cycle? At this point, the important "verification" obtained by the reporter from three other sources is that the emails were "authentic," in the sense that they were written by Landis.
hotter than hell
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 12:56AM - in reply to Avocados Number Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=5203604

Read it and weep...Landis claims Statute Of Limitations urgency played into his revelations...
Avocados Number
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 1:02AM - in reply to Faceless Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Faceless wrote:
And as a parting shot, does anyone here actually believe that this problem is limited to cycling and that elite runners are clean?

I don't think that it's limited to cycling, but I would be surprised to learn that most international-caliber distances are dopers. In contrast, I would have been very surprised to learn that most serious contenders in the Tour de France during the last fifteen years were clean. Cycling has been a very dirty sport for a very long time; doping has been a part of its culture.
Avocados Number
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 1:11AM - in reply to hotter than hell Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

hotter than hell wrote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=5203604

Read it and weep...Landis claims Statute Of Limitations urgency played into his revelations...

That's more great news. His documentation and testimony could be the Rosetta Stone for cracking open cycling's doping operations.
hold up
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 1:21AM - in reply to Avocados Number Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wait so this is cool to discuss. Loyld Flandis saying he took sterioids is fine. But bashing AJ Acosta and/or the Brojos is taboo? I call BS.
Impossible to Catch
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 1:23AM - in reply to Kiprop fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's impossible to catch dopers using drug tests. There are simply too many substances to test.

In California, Horse Racing is controlled tighter than the Pentagon controls nuclear weapons. By California state law, dozens of detectives with law enforcement career track, college degrees, at least 20 years of experience each, are present at the race track, and when horses are offloaded from the airport (LAX for Breeder's Cup for instance), etc. The jockeys, grooms, trainers, owners, all have extensive personal background checks made. By law, only the state veterinarian many inject a substance into any horse, or draw blood. The state detectives stand there next to the state vet and are handed samples from horses and jockeys, then personally package the items, and personally drive and deliver the samples to Fed Ex for shipping to the lab for testing. The stables, grounds, etc. are secured by the state detectives. The motivation is to prevent cheating and to keep organized crime out of horse racing. The cost of course is enormous. Huge fees are deducted from ticket prices and prize winnings to pay the police. Taxpayer funds are not used at all.

But even with these extreme Gestapo style measures, doping still occurs. The labs can't detect all substances.
good
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 1:24AM - in reply to Kiprop fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Innocent till proven guilty. Just because one guy, who has little to no credibility, says Lance is drugged up doesn't mean it's true.
Faceless
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 1:25AM - in reply to Avocados Number Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Avocados Number wrote:
hat it's limited to cycling, but I would be surprised to learn that most international-caliber distances are dopers. In contrast, I would have been very surprised to learn that most serious contenders in the Tour de France during the last fifteen years were clean. Cycling has been a very dirty sport for a very long time; doping has been a part of its culture.

And world records keep falling because of new training methods. Riiiight, "training methods."

Occam's Razor, yo.
selective reading
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 1:26AM - in reply to Avocados Number Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
http://crooksandliars.com/2007/07/06/rupert-murdoch-buys-wall-street-journal

Avocados Number wrote:

selective reading wrote:

I did. Do you really think that a reporter for the Wall Street Journal is going to be able to obtain independent verification of such charges in the course of a single news cycle? At this point, the important "verification" obtained by the reporter from three other sources is that the emails were "authentic," in the sense that they were written by Landis.

Rupert's people will print Lindsay Lohan's pube color of the week .
Yanqui
RE: Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others . 5/20/2010 1:26AM - in reply to good Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
But it is true
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |