Pages: | 1 | 2 |
fasdf
Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/19/2010 10:52AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I had some mild pain when I ran today. I had to stop after 8 minutes. My left knee felt numb and was unable to bear a lot of weight. I was able to walk fine, I have complete range of motion, and there is no swelling whatsoever.

When I lie down and stretch my knee out in to the air, I hear/feel a faint click around the patella area. This doesn't happen with my left knee.

I'm 20 and have no prior experience with a major injury or surgery. Last year I intentionally lost a bit of weight while running, I haven't run in about 4 months before today because I was focusing on my final examinations .

What's wrong with my knee? There's no pain when I walk, there's complete range of motion. Just a click sound and a weak knee that is unable to bear heavy loads of weight.
jjjjjjjjjj
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/19/2010 11:01AM - in reply to fasdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
no idea, but I get that clicking sound in my knee (having had tendonitis) when the muscles around the knee are weak, and it goes away for weeks after I do a couple days (with one day off between) of exercises with ankle weights. Sitting up on a chair, lift your leg up to horizontal and back 20 times. That alone will probably fix it if you don't have anything worse.
click of the tongue
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/19/2010 11:18AM - in reply to fasdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Are you a member of the Zulu tribe?
drinker
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/19/2010 11:46AM - in reply to click of the tongue Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
run slower.patience my friend.usually i get pain reduce pace it goes away after say 15mins.increase u good to go.the key get blood moving.run slow for a week if need be.god bless
Namibian Damara
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/19/2010 11:52AM - in reply to click of the tongue Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
fasdf
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/19/2010 12:24PM - in reply to fasdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
bump
fasdf
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/19/2010 1:01PM - in reply to fasdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
bump
XC Hopeful
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/19/2010 1:13PM - in reply to fasdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
turn your internal odometer to "silent" and the sound will stop.
sir crush-a-lot
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/19/2010 1:33PM - in reply to fasdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I had this problem during my freshman year of college. It was my IT band, and i ended up missing about a month of racing. Wasn't too bad though once i found some good stretches to get it loose.
fasdf
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/19/2010 2:20PM - in reply to fasdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
last bump
fasdf
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/19/2010 5:13PM - in reply to fasdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
last bump
named it twice
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/19/2010 5:52PM - in reply to fasdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What`s wrong with you is not going to a doctor and finding out whats wrong with you.
fasdf
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/19/2010 7:22PM - in reply to named it twice Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
nump
fasdf
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/19/2010 8:26PM - in reply to fasdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
rump
ear witness
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/20/2010 8:11AM - in reply to named it twice Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
QFE
I'm not a doctor but...
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/20/2010 11:48AM - in reply to fasdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It can be caused by muscular imbalance, patella problems, IT problems, cartilage problems, meniscus problems. Basically it means your knee is not functioning 100% accurately and something is a little "off-track." USUALLY it's not serious. Standard treatment would be to ice it after exercise to reduce inflammation and swelling. Also try to strengthen your quadriceps. That can help stablize the area. As the poster above suggested, simply sitting on a chair and doing leg extension reps can help. If you want to do a little more, try the leg extension machine at the gym but don't overload the muscle. Don't be a hero. It's rehab work not bodybuilder work. And if it persists or becomes more painful - bite the bullet and go see a good doctor/exercise physiologist/good chiropractor. There could be something more serious.
fasdf
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/26/2010 8:51PM - in reply to fasdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
bumping this for some help!
here you go
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/26/2010 9:01PM - in reply to fasdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
My professional diagnosis: You're a moron. It's OK though, they have jobs for people like you, so no worries.
fasdf
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/26/2010 9:33PM - in reply to here you go Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
what do you really get out of making a rude comment like that?
hank scporpio
RE: Clicking sound when I bend my right knee, mild pain. Whats wrong with me ?!!!!!!! 5/27/2010 6:41AM - in reply to fasdf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
stop thinking
Pages: | 1 | 2 |