Run on sentence
Marathon Training for age 50 5/15/2010 3:24PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Any conventional wisdom or sage advice as to how to modify marathon training after 20 marathons in the last 8 years as one passes age fifty with an eye toward longevity and getting the most bang for the buck while balancing injury prevention?
say huh
RE: Marathon Training for age 50 5/15/2010 3:35PM - in reply to Run on sentence Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Run on sentence wrote:

Any conventional wisdom or sage advice as to how to modify marathon training after 20 marathons in the last 8 years as one passes age fifty with an eye toward longevity and getting the most bang for the buck while balancing injury prevention?

You've run 20 marathons in the last 8 years as you approach 50, and you haven't learned anything that would answer those questions?
Run on sentence
RE: Marathon Training for age 50 5/15/2010 4:12PM - in reply to say huh Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

say huh wrote:

Run on sentence wrote:

You've run 20 marathons in the last 8 years as you approach 50, and you haven't learned anything that would answer those questions?

I've developed a habit over the last half century of avoiding the assumption that I know everything there is to know even about subjects I know well.

I already know what I know about this issue and I am interested in the opinions of others. I tend to learn more that way.