Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
themanontherun
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a runner? 4/13/2010 9:41PM - in reply to Avocados Number Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Avocados Number wrote:


Rick Ross wrote:
so i think she must not understand that I choose to be somewhat light because I am a runner.

What makes you think that she doesn't understand? If a woman chooses to be fat because she's training to swim the English Channel, that doesn't make her any more attractive to me. I'm simply not generally attracted to fat women, regardlesss of their reasons for being fat.

Kelsey is wrong, by the way. The latina woman wasn't "just being nice." She was being honest. She was letting you know that, insofar as you choose to be "somewhat light," your choice may have social or sexual consequences that you may not like.

In my running prime, I was taller and lighter than you are. Some women -- in fact, many women -- are going to be turned off by that body type. You can say that their preferences arise out of misunderstandings, bad cultural biases, issues about their own bodies, or even a desire to find men who look like their fat fathers, but that doesn't change their preferences. Now, some of those women may also find you more appealing after they get to know you better, but body type may still be a deal-breaker for many.

Life is tough in the animal kingdom.


The thread probably could have ended after this post.


reality of it wrote:No- it has nothing to do with a woman being insecure about her body weight. The reason is that most women consider men with larger physiques to be more masculine than those with smaller physiques. Scrawny men = insecure, inexperienced, prepubescent losers.


Power is masculine, not body type. Body type is just one way of demonstrating power, and thereby masculinity.


Yap. wrote:Ugly people date ugly people. Attractive people date attractive people. End thread.


Attractive women don't date attractive men, they date men who date attractive women.


Mr. Question wrote:They never say "I'm so fat" they always say "You're so skinny."


This sums up the female psyche when it comes to body image pretty nicely.
return to index
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a runner? 4/13/2010 9:59PM - in reply to Rick Ross Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I grew up in Europe and, at the time, was attracted to thin (elegant) men. Height didn't matter. Now that I live in the US, my tastes have changed somewhat and I don't think I would be attracted to a man who is too skinny, IN GENERAL. Like many posters have said, "it all depends." What's attractive is confidence, intelligence, mental fortitude, drive, kindness, etc.

Cheerio, have a burger (joking).
M.C. Confusing
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a runner? 4/13/2010 11:48PM - in reply to msuspartaner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

msuspartaner wrote:

Oh Rick......she really doesn't care if you are scrawny....she was just being polite. She isn't interested in you because of some other flaw that you have....but didn't want to hurt your feelings, so she picked something that you won't do anything about. On the other hand, women really do not care for guys who are totally obsessed with their scrawny bodies...it is not attractive.


not always true....I had a girl on my college track team with me that always used to tell me she would date me in a second if I wasnt so much smaller than her. She was a hammer thrower and about 6'3", and I being the 5'10" 125lbs distance guy. And I never really hit on her or asked her out...she would just say that, especially after a few beers. :P
Keith Stone
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a run 4/14/2010 4:03PM - in reply to stuck with match.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

stuck with match.com wrote:

140 is not a porker. 190+ is porker range.


140 is a porkee
kirklanderic
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a runner? 4/14/2010 10:00PM - in reply to Rick Ross Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Rick Ross like latina girls?
Betty Freidan
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a runner? 4/14/2010 10:30PM - in reply to themanontherun Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

themanontherun
Power is masculine, not body type. Body type is just one way of demonstrating power, and thereby masculinity.


that might be the most sexist thing i've ever read on this website
X-Runner
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a runner? 4/15/2010 7:59AM - in reply to Rick Ross Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yes, skinny male distance runners have a smaller pool of women to date.

But least you are a guy and your pool will increase over time.
Women in general have an edge for a limited time while they are young and then lose that edge forever.
Helen Gurley Brown
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a runner? 4/15/2010 10:24PM - in reply to Betty Freidan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Betty Freidan wrote:
that might be the most sexist thing i've ever read on this website


You might wanna re-read The Feminine Mystique.
marion davies
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a run 4/15/2010 11:36PM - in reply to my boyfriend is faster than u Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

my boyfriend is faster than u wrote:

Nope def not ugly. I get told im beautiful by random strangers, dating a top 15 NCAA runner, and model part time.

nice assumption though.


now you just sound like an ugly bitch, or a wacked out gay guy.
I get over the looks part real fast...be nicer and less egotistical please
Rick Ross
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a runner? 4/16/2010 2:59AM - in reply to X-Runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

X-Runner wrote:

Yes, skinny male distance runners have a smaller pool of women to date.

But least you are a guy and your pool will increase over time.
Women in general have an edge for a limited time while they are young and then lose that edge forever.


+1
tell Stuck with match.com to cheer up because he'll have much better options going forward of ladies who aren't 180 pounds
Big Papi
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a runner? 4/16/2010 4:37AM - in reply to Attitude is everything Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Attitude is everything wrote:

Think of being thin as an asset. Never view your physical self negatively. If a woman isn't into you don't waste a second thinking about it. It's how you come across that is probably the most important thing.

Also women are strange, many women may initially think a guy isn't all that hot but there's something about him that intrigues them---confidence, charm, intelligence, some interesting life experience, whatever. It makes them want to know more. Most women get over the looks part faster than men do.

______________________________________

Seriously, do you think if Mick Jagger was a plumber girls would throw themselves at him? Steven Tyler? These are ugly, ugly, people. But they can get laid anywhere, anytime. It's because they have wealth, fame and power.
The same is true about 'attitude is everything' post. you need to be you, and not let someone dictate how you act.
word to the wise
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a runner? 4/16/2010 5:46AM - in reply to Betty Freidan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

themanontherun
Power is masculine, not body type. Body type is just one way of demonstrating power, and thereby masculinity.



Betty Freidan wrote:
that might be the most sexist thing i've ever read on this website


A man with power = abuser

Never let men assume power in your relationship. If a man has power outside the relationship, make sure you keep them in place by pointing out their imperfections.

This is the secret to a woman's happiness.
PDubbs
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a run 4/16/2010 7:31AM - in reply to marion davies Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
quote]marion davies wrote:


my boyfriend is faster than u wrote:

Nope def not ugly. I get told im beautiful by random strangers, dating a top 15 NCAA runner, and model part time.

nice assumption though.


now you just sound like an ugly bitch, or a wacked out gay guy.
I get over the looks part real fast...be nicer and less egotistical please[/quote]

Nah, HAHA, YO alreadyc alled out who it was, but it all got deleted.[
Mr. Obvious
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a runner? 4/16/2010 7:35AM - in reply to Betty Freidan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Betty Freidan wrote:

that might be the most sexist thing i've ever read on this website


You must be new around here.
themanontherun
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a runner? 4/16/2010 8:10AM - in reply to word to the wise Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

word to the wise wrote:
A man with power = abuser

Never let men assume power in your relationship. If a man has power outside the relationship, make sure you keep them in place by pointing out their imperfections.

This is the secret to a woman's happiness.


Though I disagree with this, I would like to point out that even if this is true, it doesn't negate my earlier point. Power is considered masculine, regardless of whether that bodes well for the woman in a relationship. And women are attracted to power, regardless of whether that means they must suffer an abusive relationship. Women will makes tremendous sacrifices to be with a man who exhibits power, be it physical, monetary, political, social, etc.
Word to the wise
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a run 4/16/2010 8:22AM - in reply to themanontherun Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

themanontherun wrote:
Though I disagree with thiis I would like to point out that even if this is true, it doesn't negate my earlier point. Power is considered masculine, regardless of whether that bodes well for the woman in a relationship. And women are attracted to power, regardless of whether that means they must suffer an abusive relationship. Women will makes tremendous sacrifices to be with a man who exhibits power, be it physical, monetary, political, social, etc.


I agree most women are attracted to power. Most women are miserable because of it. Hence my advice that women keep men in their place.
themanontherun
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a run 4/16/2010 9:32AM - in reply to Word to the wise Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Word to the wise wrote:
I agree most women are attracted to power. Most women are miserable because of it. Hence my advice that women keep men in their place.


I don't know about 'keeping men in their place,' but I think having a healthy sense of their own identity, and not feeling dependent on deriving a sense of identity from a man would be a good thing for most women.

Not that it backs my point, but I think it's relevant, that an interesting interpretation of gender roles comes from the Biblical Adam and Eve story. Woman is created from man... she literally takes her identity from her husband. Adam, though the central figure, is an incomplete being without his wife by his side. He can surround himself with Paradise (Eden) but he is still unfulfilled and incomplete without Eve.

I think it's a good thing that women are finding their own identities more and more, and it's making relationships in this day and age much healthier as a whole, but keep in mind that as women become more independent, there remain fewer reasons for men to believe in marriage, or even monogamy within a regular relationship.
truth911
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a runner? 4/16/2010 12:21PM - in reply to my boyfriend is faster than u Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
yes i hear being a good runner is the new money - it is what women everywhere are lining up for

douche


my boyfriend is faster than u wrote:

Nope def not ugly. I get told im beautiful by random strangers, dating a top 15 NCAA runner, and model part time.

nice assumption though.
Rick Ross
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a runner? 4/16/2010 2:58PM - in reply to Mr. Question Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i know im a dick
RE: Girl told me that because she weighs more than me (140lbs) I'm too small for her,must not understand that I am a runner? 4/16/2010 3:07PM - in reply to Rick Ross Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee she does!
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |