skeptics
dr. wayne dyer.. full of s-h-it ? 10/25/2009 8:42PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
so i was watching pbs telethon an on comes mr. dyer himself.. he was on stage speaking to a packed house about nothing.. he uses words like "energy", "spiritual" and "connecting"...

is this guy for real? or is he compensating for his fat bald head and looking to get laid?
manly dress
RE: dr. wayne dyer.. full of s-h-it ? 10/25/2009 8:44PM - in reply to skeptics Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I gave him $100 last year, and it was the best hunnert bucks I ever spent.
creep
RE: dr. wayne dyer.. full of s-h-it ? 10/25/2009 10:41PM - in reply to manly dress Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
so where are my gurus of let's run?

were they too taken in by the dyer?
creep
RE: dr. wayne dyer.. full of s-h-it ? 10/27/2009 4:03PM - in reply to creep Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
well?
a sage
RE: dr. wayne dyer.. full of s-h-it ? 10/27/2009 4:39PM - in reply to skeptics Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I met him a few year ago in Maui.

He's actually a very nice man.

What he does is teach good ideas from others, and promotes hope.

There is something missing in his work, though. And that is that most people who sell hope, do not acknowledge that human change, or "transformation" is actually very, very hard.

People, mostly, don't change.

Ergo, most of the packed house is filled with people that are already pre-disposed to these good ideas (and to be sure they are good ideas, rooted in age old traditions, spiritual paths, and ancient philosophies) and promotions of hope.

Your response to what you see in him...is basically, you.

Perception, is, predominantly, PROJECTION. So if you see him as a snake oil salesman, or you have a negative response to him... You are basically seeing yourself, outing yourself for your own negativity.

Other people see him on TV and just go "oh, hope that works for those people," have a benevolent or benign response, and click on over to whatever.

That said, when I met him (ran into him twice by his beach condo) I told him that I appreciated his efforts, but that there was something missing in his work."

I was just speaking my truth. And I didn't tell him what I felt was missing, cos I wanted him to be curious. --Basically, because if he embodied what he teaches, his intuition would tell him what was missing. I did tell him, that was was missing could lead him to another chapter in a book, or another book.

This all said, Dyer's work is essentially benign, good stuff, if you are open to it, from good sources, presented pretty well. Just don't go overboard.

You want to be skeptical? Be skeptical of Dr. Amen's pbs specials...
Tennessee Tuxedo
RE: dr. wayne dyer.. full of s-h-it ? 10/27/2009 5:48PM - in reply to a sage Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

a sage wrote:Perception, is, predominantly, PROJECTION. So if you see him as a snake oil salesman, or you have a negative response to him... You are basically seeing yourself, outing yourself for your own negativity.

Ha, ha, ha. Good stuff. Let me get this straight. If I see a snake oil salesman, it's because I'm negative. Hmm. Don't you think it's possible that I might actually be looking at a snake oil salesman once in a while? What's wrong with me if I see a pimp on the street?

There's a lot of money in selling people crap that makes them think their lives will improve.

At least Dyer (I don't think) avoids selling poor people crap that makes them think they'll get rich. I believe there is a special circle of hell for these people.
TViewer
RE: dr. wayne dyer.. full of s-h-it ? 10/27/2009 6:45PM - in reply to skeptics Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"is he for real?"

ask pbs or the people who pay to buy his books
Dr. Hope
RE: dr. wayne dyer.. full of s-h-it ? 10/27/2009 6:49PM - in reply to TViewer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He's a coke addict and an alcoholic. Sure worked wonders for him...
Caveman
RE: dr. wayne dyer.. full of s-h-it ? 10/28/2009 7:05AM - in reply to Dr. Hope Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
P.T. Barum was right!