slow poker
seattle green lake distance 10/4/2009 12:04AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I measured the outer dirth path around green lake with an online tool and got 3.21 miles. But I seem to be going a lot faster around it like a whole minute and a half per mile faster using the mileage. Which means either there is something in the water there or the measurement isn't correct. Any seattle folks know the true distance around green lake dirt path only about a million people go around it everyday.
J.R.
RE: seattle green lake distance 10/4/2009 12:51AM - in reply to slow poker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If you're talking about the main path it's just under 2.8 miles.
migo
RE: seattle green lake distance 10/4/2009 12:56AM - in reply to J.R. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

J.R. wrote:

If you're talking about the main path...

Actually, he wasn't.

I've always taken the outer path as 3.25, for simplicity's sake, so 3.2 seems pretty legit.
J.R.
RE: seattle green lake distance 10/4/2009 11:10AM - in reply to migo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm sure it's been measured a few times.

There should be a few people there who know the exact distance.

Check with runners who certify courses.
Olenwc
RE: seattle green lake distance 5/5/2012 11:49AM - in reply to slow poker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Taken from Wikipedia -
"The 2.8 mile (4.5 kilometer) path is divided into two lanes one for pedestrians and one for bicycles, roller skates, and other wheeled unmotorized vehicles... There is also an outer non-paved 3.2 mile path along the edge of the park."
Patrick Lawlor
RE: seattle green lake distance not exaxt 4/12/2014 2:54PM - in reply to slow poker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Agreed, I dont agree with the other measurements either
I measured with my Car driving around just on the outer side and got between 3.2-3.3. To give a fair estimate it is at least 3.25. Not 3.2. I ran around the many, many times and know my speed.

slow poker wrote:

I measured the outer dirth path around green lake with an online tool and got 3.21 miles. But I seem to be going a lot faster around it like a whole minute and a half per mile faster using the mileage. Which means either there is something in the water there or the measurement isn't correct. Any seattle folks know the true distance around green lake dirt path only about a million people go around it everyday.
long time seattleite
RE: seattle green lake distance 4/12/2014 5:43PM - in reply to slow poker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
inner loop 2

outer loop 3

if you're rounding to the tenth you're a yuppie runner