in pain
Pain in the Ball of my Foot 9/22/2009 11:49AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ive been having a pain near the ball of my foot. I've had sesamoiditis before and i don't think this is it, it is a similar pain but further back (closer to the heel) on my foot, still up near the ball though. It basically feels like when I am running there is a decent sized rock in my shoe that i keep stepping on, but i checked, there is no rock. Does anyone know what this could be
i know!
RE: Pain in the Ball of my Foot 9/22/2009 1:10PM - in reply to in pain Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
feels like a rock? you have morton's neuroma, my friend.

also, is your 2nd toe longer than your big toe?
Haji
RE: Pain in the Ball of my Foot 9/22/2009 3:27PM - in reply to i know! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

i know! wrote:

feels like a rock? you have morton's neuroma, my friend.

also, is your 2nd toe longer than your big toe?

I have a Morton's Neuroma and it does feel like a rock. I developed mine after switching to narrow shoes for awhile. I was thinking Morton's was only between the 3rd and 4th metatarsels though, maybe not.

I've been running through mine but sometimes it flares up. Eventually, I might have to have surgery on it.
foot
RE: Pain in the Ball of my Foot 9/22/2009 4:35PM - in reply to Haji Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I know exactly what you are talking about. I have had the exact same thing before, it is extremely painful. I believe it is bursitis. What I did was take a decent size pad and put it under the area where it hurt to take some of the pressure of it. I didn't try to run for a week..let is settle down... maybe bike if that doesn't seem to bother it too much.