Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
soon to be lean
No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 10:59AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ok, so I am 148 pounds. 2 Days ago I was 150 pounds. 2 Days ago I also went on the no meats no sweets diet.

I do not eat any sweets/deserts/sugary cereals.

I do not eat red meat or chicken. (Will eat fish but have not yet)

Having been getting my protein from milk.

A meal consists of....
large bowl of salad with italian dressing
whole wheat roll
two glasses of 2% milk
rice
(Sometimes substitute salad with 2 vegetables...broccoli/green beans
I take a multi vitamin and omega 3 daily

I already feel leaner and think I would be a machine at 140 pounds. I'm about to run my first 8k which is why I am being more weight consious.

How is this diet? Is it lacking anything essential?
joiwef
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 11:03AM - in reply to soon to be lean Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
its lacking meat. Eat more meat.
kcb
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 2:13PM - in reply to joiwef Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You will be healthy, lose weight, and will be faster; just make sure you get enough protein, complex carbs, fruits and vegetables.
i do it for the lolz
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 2:40PM - in reply to soon to be lean Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
there's probably corn syrup in your italian dressing champ.

i'd say you're still missing protein. and you didn't tell us what's in your salad.
DukeP
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 3:29PM - in reply to soon to be lean Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Its 50% good.
Change that to a No Sweets deal.
Better yet is no sugar/no white flour...try to avoid as much stuff that you get out of a box.
DukeP
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 3:31PM - in reply to DukeP Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
also lay off the rice/rolls
you dont need both in one meal
taper madness
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 3:36PM - in reply to soon to be lean Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Not eating meat is going to do nothing to make you leaner and is only going to make you angry deep down.

The vegs I know are sick/injured all the time. I would never even think about saying that it could be the meatless diet. But yet I always think it to myself.
fajangles
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 3:57PM - in reply to taper madness Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I know of 4 sub 14:00 minute guys that are vegetarians. They are thinner and more muscular. Meat eating is overrated. Protein can be find in a fast array of other foods (beans, peanut butter, milk) that don't aren't filled with omega 6 fat and toxins.
majiclee deelishus
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 7:58PM - in reply to soon to be lean Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

soon to be lean wrote:

Ok, so I am 148 pounds. 2 Days ago I was 150 pounds. 2 Days ago I also went on the no meats no sweets diet.

I do not eat any sweets/deserts/sugary cereals.

I do not eat red meat or chicken. (Will eat fish but have not yet)

Having been getting my protein from milk.

A meal consists of....
large bowl of salad with italian dressing
whole wheat roll
two glasses of 2% milk
rice
(Sometimes substitute salad with 2 vegetables...broccoli/green beans
I take a multi vitamin and omega 3 daily

I already feel leaner and think I would be a machine at 140 pounds. I'm about to run my first 8k which is why I am being more weight consious.

How is this diet? Is it lacking anything essential?

Add meat (lots). Dump or cut down on the bread. Dump the milk. Dump or cut down on the rice.
VH
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 8:04PM - in reply to fajangles Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

fajangles wrote:

I know of 4 sub 14:00 minute guys that are vegetarians. They are thinner and more muscular. Meat eating is overrated. Protein can be find in a fast array of other foods (beans, peanut butter, milk) that don't aren't filled with omega 6 fat and toxins.

True, but B-Vitamins cannot.
worth it?
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 8:07PM - in reply to soon to be lean Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Just as a general question to those in this thread: is the loss of 4 pounds or whatever really worth the cutting out of all desserts and breads?

Also, when you cut out grains substantially, how do you get enough calories if you're running 70mpw?
vanilla
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 8:07PM - in reply to VH Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Let me be the 4th to say to eat meat.
And again, it won't make you bulky, fat, or less lean.
taper madness
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 8:16PM - in reply to fajangles Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

fajangles wrote:

Uh huh. They are scarfing down a burger and steak at least once every few months and then don't say anything about it.
strategery
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 8:46PM - in reply to taper madness Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If your worried about unhealthy side effects of meat, then cut out beef and steak and things off that variety.

Lena chicken, pork and fish can all be very healthy, there's nothing wrong with eating these with regularity.
Phil W.
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 9:07PM - in reply to strategery Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Don't listen to the anti-meat clowns. Been a vegetarian for nine years. Here's the scoop with the meat:

If you eat a healthy diet with moderate amounts of meat, it will maximize performance. If you eat a healthy vegetarian diet, it will maximize performance. The key? Healthy diets maximize performance. Meat is neither a necessity nor a hindrance.

The key is HEALTH and nutritional quality, not the presence or absence of meat. Lots of complex carbs, fruits and veggies, beans, enough soy, meat and/or dairy to get your RDI of protein, the other good stuff mentioned previously, and you're solid.

Do what works for your body. If what you are doing is working, other suggestions don't really matter.

And, to the earlier poster who said vegetarians cheat and eat meat every now and then-- sorry to burst your bubble, but most don't. Including those who have much faster times than you (and me too, by a long shot).
Runningart2004
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 9:25PM - in reply to Phil W. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What happens to excess glucose in the body if it isn't stored as glycogen? It's stored as fat. Doesn't matter if it's from sugar or bread. The insulin spike from white bread is still a high spike compared to say broccoli. Increased insulin levels make your body store more fat.

Granted, eliminating sweets is a great idea....replacing meat with bread is not.

What about eggs? You can get all the protein you need from eggs and milk....but the problem with milk is intolerance. Most people, about 75%, are not able to digest the sugars in milk properly.

Why elimate red meat? Make the better choice and eliminate GRAIN fed beef. Only consume GRASS fed LEAN beef. I could go into why..but I want you to do your own homework.

Eat a natural diet. If you're going to consume mass quantities of carbs then this limits you to: fruit, rice, oats, potatoes, beans, etc...stuff you could basically grow yourself if you really really had to. I don't think they make a bread tree....:) Eat food that is processed as little as possible.

Alan
what to eat?
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 9:30PM - in reply to Runningart2004 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
for those of you who say no meat, rice, processed carbs, or sweets... what do you eat?

I couldn't imagine getting enough carbs without pasta, rice, and bread. Do you really just eat fruits and veggies? How on earth do you get enough calories?
burninfurnace
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 9:41PM - in reply to what to eat? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i'm eating a cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese.
DJJ
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 9:45PM - in reply to Phil W. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
In May of this year I decided to switch my diet to 80% raw foods and fish. Since May I have been training 100-120mpw and I get stronger everyday. I owe my quick recovery and ability to train at this level to my consistent diet. After 2 weeks on the diet I went from 155lbs to 144lbs and I have been steady at 144 ever since. For reference I am 6 foot 3. One month ago I eliminated fish from my diet after reading the book Skinny Bastard (great book!) and that has improved my output and recovery even more. Another marathoner in town adopted this same diet and has dropped to his optimum marathoning weight.

What I eat is simple:

Breakfast: 60 ounces of smoothie- oj, pineapple, strawberry, mango and soy protein
9am-Raw Bar--Lara Bar, two if still hungry
Green tea all morning
10am-another raw bar
noon-32 ounce smoothie with soy protein-all fruit
2-3 bananas
cashews, almonds, dried figs
1 or two raw lara bars
green tea all afternoon
After run 50 ounce smoothie with pineapple, oj, strawberry, mango and soy protein
Dinner: First cooked food of day- whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread, lots of veggies- mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, zuchini, asparagus, green beans, cucumbers, etc.

This diet has been essential for my training and recovery. Everyone should read Skinny Bastard and at the end of the book you will be suprised how many bad ass athletes are vegan, including Carl Lewis who adopted this lifestyle and then had his best year ever on the track!

Happy training!
Runningfarts2004
RE: No Meats No Sweets Diet 9/22/2009 9:53PM - in reply to soon to be lean Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You're making this WAY to complicated. Feast on 1000 grams of protein powder per day.
In one week you will weigh 230 pounds and run an 8K like a turbo charged bowling ball.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |