chatmonger
Where do you chat with REAL people online these days? 9/16/2009 10:45AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I know that by asking this I admit that I am lame, but does anyone know where to go to chat with REAL people these days? All the AOL, AIM, and yahoo chat rooms are loaded with robots or people who want you to pay to watch them on their webcam... even sports chats. Its so annoying. Where do people go to meet people online now without these annoying things?
Oh Snapps
RE: Where do you chat with REAL people online these days? 9/16/2009 10:52AM - in reply to chatmonger Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Uh... dude, you are alone on this one. No one is on those things b/c they are so 1999.

Ever heard of facebook and LetsRun? Get with the future.
chatmonger
RE: Where do you chat with REAL people online these days? 9/16/2009 11:01AM - in reply to Oh Snapps Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I know... I'm a loser, but I can't talk with strangers on facebook and obviously if I'm a loser I have no friends
still not logged innn
RE: Where do you chat with REAL people online these days? 9/16/2009 11:13AM - in reply to chatmonger Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
stickam.com
sheep farmer
RE: Where do you chat with REAL people online these days? 9/16/2009 11:16AM - in reply to chatmonger Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
IRC. find some channels that relate to stuff you're interested in.
Chris Hansen
RE: Where do you chat with REAL people online these days? 9/16/2009 11:35AM - in reply to chatmonger Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

chatmonger wrote:

I know that by asking this I admit that I am lame, but does anyone know where to go to chat with REAL people these days? All the AOL, AIM, and yahoo chat rooms are loaded with robots or people who want you to pay to watch them on their webcam... even sports chats. Its so annoying. Where do people go to meet people online now without these annoying things?

I know a few sites I could refer you to. Be warned though, if you get too serious about your chats you might end up meeting me somewhere with some cookies and lemonade!
chatmonger
RE: Where do you chat with REAL people online these days? 9/16/2009 1:07PM - in reply to Chris Hansen Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
what the heck is IRC?
;lakjsfd;alsfja
RE: Where do you chat with REAL people online these days? 9/16/2009 2:30PM - in reply to chatmonger Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

chatmonger wrote:

what the heck is IRC?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=IRC
sheep farmer
RE: Where do you chat with REAL people online these days? 9/16/2009 2:31PM - in reply to chatmonger Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ashley Madison
RE: Where do you chat with REAL people online these days? 9/16/2009 3:40PM - in reply to chatmonger Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ashley Madison website is a great place to meet/greet.
bark
RE: Where do you chat with REAL people online these days? 9/16/2009 4:31PM - in reply to chatmonger Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
REAL people are in the REAL world, not the virtual one. What's keeping you from going out to bars or clubs or the park to meet people?
J.R.
RE: Where do you chat with REAL people online these days? 9/16/2009 8:26PM - in reply to chatmonger Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I started with irc a long time ago. There used to be a lot of places to chat but that's not the case any more. Yahoo is a shell of what it used to be. I use yahoo but only chat with people on my list now, because the rooms are so bad.

It would be nice to find a better place to chat than yahoo.

I imagine irc is still good but people have to download a program to use it.