Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Not Running
Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 10:21AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Maried man. Gets a Facebook friend request from an ex.
What's the general etiquette here?

I know some poeple have ex's as friends on facebook but it can be strange.
I'm 'friends' with my wife and most of her family.
She has never met this girl. We haven't kept up or talked.
Non-college
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 10:28AM - in reply to Not Running Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ignore.
ronner
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 10:35AM - in reply to Non-college Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Non-college wrote:

Ignore.

Agreed. Think of it this way. What good can come from it vs what bad can come from it. Or, hurt your ex by ignoring or hurt(maybe too strong of word) your marriage by accepting.
ignore
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 10:43AM - in reply to Not Running Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You can be nice and explain or simply ignore, but it would be a mistake in most situations to friend an ex. How would you feel if you wife friended her ex?
fbooker
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 10:44AM - in reply to Not Running Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Agreed. Ignore.

I have one for you. My female cousin's husband asked to be my fiancee's friend (I'm a guy) before asking me. I always thought the guy was a douchebag anyway. I made my cousin aware of this breach of Facebook etiquette. She was annoyed as well. Hopefully she figures out what a douche he is before they have kids.
always sunny
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 10:52AM - in reply to Not Running Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Old girlfriends are a great way to have an affair. Variety is the spice of life.
Mr. Obvious
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 10:53AM - in reply to always sunny Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Do whatever you want. Friending somebody on Facebook means exactly nothing.
Treadmillionaire
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 11:00AM - in reply to Mr. Obvious Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Every time you poke her there will be an announcement on your wife's news feed.
Johnny gat his gun
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 11:01AM - in reply to Not Running Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Honestly, why not just tell your wife.

"Oh shit honey, my ex just friended me on facebook. Should I accept?"

Not that you have to ask permission, but that way it comes across as polite. In addition, you guys can look at her pictures and laugh.

You can always block her later.

I bet she sat for hours debating whether or not to friend you, so she will probably notice if you ignore. Just sayin...
pervymike
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 11:05AM - in reply to always sunny Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

always sunny wrote:

Old girlfriends are a great way to have an affair. Variety is the spice of life.
Um, yeah
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 11:14AM - in reply to Not Running Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Not Running wrote:
We haven't kept up or talked.

So why would you be interested in 'friending' her?

(Rhetorical question, obviously.)
Not Running
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 11:17AM - in reply to Johnny gat his gun Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I would definately tell my wife before accepting. She would see it anyway.
I am wondering how many people have an ex as a 'friend' in general and how many married people have an ex as a 'friend.'

I guess it's time for Biz Markie to chime in.
pongwr
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 11:18AM - in reply to Not Running Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Seriously? Anyone older than 16 that's on FB has some developmental problems.
ignore
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 11:19AM - in reply to Johnny gat his gun Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Johnny gat his gun wrote:
"Oh shit honey, my ex just friended me on facebook. Should I accept?"

"Why do you want to be friends with you ex-girlfriend?"

If you can think of a good answer to this question facing your wife, then go ahead.
haha, YO
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 11:37AM - in reply to pongwr Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

pongwr wrote:

Anyone who posts on an internet message board ABOUT Facebook has some serious developmental problems.
pongwr
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 11:40AM - in reply to haha, YO Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sing it from the heavens, sister! I agree one hundred percent.
Mr. Obvious
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 11:49AM - in reply to pongwr Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I am friends (on Facebook and in real life) with several women I have dated. I don't mind having them on there at all. I post very little personal information on Facebook, though. Still would never friend my ex-wife though. Is there an "anti-friend" option?
dukerdog
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 11:50AM - in reply to Mr. Obvious Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Mr. Obvious wrote:
Do whatever you want. Friending somebody on Facebook means exactly nothing.

The correct answer. The only people I've ever ignored are people I don't know.
Johnny gat his gun
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 12:41PM - in reply to pongwr Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

pongwr wrote:

"Those new fangled telephones will never catch on, what a bunch of hooey!"
Hypothesizer
RE: Facebook Etiquette 9/11/2009 12:43PM - in reply to Not Running Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Poke her.

Better yet, Super Poke Her!
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |